Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mSR X

mSR X Blade Micro SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2012, 03:05 PM   #201 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Been putting more stick time on my mcpx as well lately too. Went and bought my third one today (BLHeli this time). Both of my current ones were non BLHeli, so I wanted to see if I liked it better governed.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2012, 07:01 PM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnoutboy View Post
Those are the normal height airtimes. I'll post a pic of the low pro's on the mCPX tonight (if I remember), they're only about 1/2 as tall!! The canopy is mm off the deck.

I've been flying the mCPX's a LOT lately and had the mSRX downed for about 3 weeks de to a blown elevator IC MOSFET. If your motor sticks all the way to one side or the other as soon as you power it up this is likely the cause! coredump fixed mine and murderisthegame's both fly great now.

ANYWAY, I flew the BL mSRX for the first time in about 3 weeks. It's just like koi said. It's a damn drag car. Even with *only* a 13,500KV motor and a heavier canopy and skids than stock it's like a dart. Faster in a straight line than the mCPX with bullet blades even! I love her and missed her more than I knew!
Got a set of the lowpros on the way. I was down to 1 set of skids for both of my MCPX's so i needed them very badly.
I can't wait to fly my BL MSRX, if it flies half as good as the build is, I will be very happy ! The craftsmanship you did was fantastic !

Last edited by BigRHS; 08-01-2012 at 01:17 AM..
BigRHS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2012, 11:48 PM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your going to love the A/T Lo-pros. Super stable "scale" lift-offs. I use them on an MCPX, but they look good on an MSRX as well. Tough as nails.
Old 08-01-2012, 01:15 AM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotshot888 View Post
Your going to love the A/T Lo-pros. Super stable "scale" lift-offs. I use them on an MCPX, but they look good on an MSRX as well. Tough as nails.
I can't wait to get the Airtimes ! They are great skids ! It great to see somebody see a need and come up with a great product like he has made !
It has saved people a lot of money because you don't have to keep buying skids like you use too because they broke everytime you looked at them wrong and the Airtimes will last and last !
Old 08-02-2012, 06:14 PM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is my mSR X...Rakonheli head, grips, and swash. Also have a MH rear verticle fin. Just ordered the xtreme tubular landing skids with boom support and will post a pic once installed. I order everything from wowhobbies.com. They are always a couple bucks less and ships 2nd day USPS priority for $6. And if they dont have something in stock, 90% of the time is back with in a day or two at most. Great hobby shop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-02 18.44.56.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	337412   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-02 18.43.38.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	60.7 KB
ID:	337413   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-02 18.48.27.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	337414   Click image for larger version

Name:	2012-08-02 18.57.56.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	77.7 KB
ID:	337415  
for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” -Leonardo da Vinci
DrCopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Little Red Bird

Got my red blades and rotor in today..Here is little 'RED BIRD'.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 05:09 PM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Finally got the xtreme landing gear with tailboom support, matches the alum head upgrades nicely.

for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” -Leonardo da Vinci
Old 08-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

looks badass with the boom supports

have you tried the bigger mcpx batteries yet?

when i tried it, i used the little charger adapter that came with the rtf mcpx blue charger

this: http://www.wowhobbies.com/efla7002um...blademcpx.aspx

plug and play. like i said tho in the other thread... i did not like it with the bigger batts
nickypoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm actually gonna pass on the larger batts. Although this LG is really nice, there is a few faults with it when used on the msrx. The pins that attach to the frame are not snug so they dont stay in. However once with canopy is on, it pushes up on the battery cage and in turn keeps the front pin in place. The back pin stays in place thanks to the support rods on the boom. Ends up working out good but I am going to glue the pins to the frame. At $8 for a frame and $8 for this LG, I really dont care if I have an issue and need to re-buy. Another issue is the tubular rods are fairly loose as well. Once positioned I put 1 drop of glue where it connects to the skid arms to keep them in place. Now they stay in place.

Assembly was a bit tricky because the linkages for the support arms need to be glued into position and need to be angled correctly before screwing into the LG. If these angles are way off you wont be able to install them. I was just barely off on the angle on one of them and it made my install pretty difficult but overall the kit comes together nicely. This LG definitely adds a tad bit of weight but hardly noticeable and when flying it feels more like a scale heli. Because of this increase in weight I'm going to stay away from the larger batts to help keep the weight where it is. Im assuming the bigger batts are heavier.

Overall I am VERY pleased with this kit. It looks awesome, and its very durable. I don't know if its just my imagination but it seems to fly better too. Turns and piros seem way smoother now.

Last edited by DrCopter; 08-04-2012 at 09:35 PM..
Old 08-06-2012, 09:49 AM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCopter View Post
Overall I am VERY pleased with this kit. It looks awesome, and its very durable. I don't know if its just my imagination but it seems to fly better too. Turns and piros seem way smoother now.
I just ordered a set of these skids for mine from eBay the other day and love the look already on your bird. What kind of frame are you using? My RKH frame has a set screw on each skid mount so I'm hoping I don't have to glue anything and just tighten those or use longer ones in their place. I am using MCP X batteries though because I just got my brushless build back from Burnoutboy and he hooked up a MCP X lead to my board and I love it! The BL build looks and flies like a dream, the quality and craftsmanship of his work is unmatched IMO . I can't wait to install these new skids this week and then give my canopy a new paint job with some custom graphics to make it a little more of my own.... I'll post pictures soon.
murderisthegame is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2012, 10:19 AM   #211 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

You'll like the extreme skids, I have them on three of my birds, and through a number of crashes/hard landings/etc, havent broken a single set
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

Old 08-06-2012, 10:41 AM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
You'll like the extreme skids, I have them on three of my birds, and through a number of crashes/hard landings/etc, havent broken a single set
Awesome!.... am I the only one who hasn't broken stock skids yet though I feel like everyone has broken at least one but me and I can't figure out why I mean I have taken my fair share of crashes and rough landings but I was using the same skids that came on mine prior to the BL build Burnoutboy did for me and now I'm running stock MCP X skids with no problem... basically just going for the Xtremes for looks because they are much more "scale" looking and I love the boom supports style.
Old 08-06-2012, 10:43 AM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by murderisthegame View Post
I just ordered a set of these skids for mine from eBay the other day and love the look already on your bird. What kind of frame are you using? My RKH frame has a set screw on each skid mount so I'm hoping I don't have to glue anything and just tighten those or use longer ones in their place. I am using MCP X batteries though because I just got my brushless build back from Burnoutboy and he hooked up a MCP X lead to my board and I love it! The BL build looks and flies like a dream, the quality and craftsmanship of his work is unmatched IMO . I can't wait to install these new skids this week and then give my canopy a new paint job with some custom graphics to make it a little more of my own.... I'll post pictures soon.
I am using the stock frame but your RKH frame with the screws should work good to tighen the frame pins. The only thing you have to be careful about is glueing the linkages into the support rods. Make sure they go in all the way, and are at the correct angles. If these are off just a little bit it will make installing difficult. Other than that, just follow the instructions and your good to go!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:08 PM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCopter View Post
I am using the stock frame but your RKH frame with the screws should work good to tighen the frame pins. The only thing you have to be careful about is glueing the linkages into the support rods. Make sure they go in all the way, and are at the correct angles. If these are off just a little bit it will make installing difficult. Other than that, just follow the instructions and your good to go!
Very cool! You're making me ancy now haha they're supposed to be here Wednesday but looking ahead it seems like a long way away seeing that I won't be able to start assembly/installation until I get home from the office that evening! I know once I see the delivery confirmation the rest of the day is going to drag because all I'll be thinking about is how bad ass my bird will be once I get home and get everything installed and tested!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:10 PM   #215 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

I have to confess I got lazy and didnt bother putting the supports on.

Old 08-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I have to confess I got lazy and didnt bother putting the supports on.
Regardless they still look beefier and can handle some abuse!
Old 08-06-2012, 12:40 PM   #217 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

One of them is on my "drag car" msrx (16k HP03, HP02t) that I have the extremes on. I fly this thing like its on fire.

Have had the motor cut out on me at 15 feet, no damage. Was flying full tilt six inches of the ground, dug into the pavement, no damage to landing gear (canopy was messed up, yanked wiring on tail motor) . I love the things.

Old 08-06-2012, 01:28 PM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
One of them is on my "drag car" msrx (16k HP03, HP02t) that I have the extremes on. I fly this thing like its on fire.

Have had the motor cut out on me at 15 feet, no damage. Was flying full tilt six inches of the ground, dug into the pavement, no damage to landing gear (canopy was messed up, yanked wiring on tail motor) . I love the things.
Nice! Can't wait to see what kinda of hell I can bring upon mine! Haha jk with this being my only mSR X I'm not going to intentionally nail the pavement but s*** happens sometimes!
Old 08-06-2012, 03:30 PM   #219 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

ya, I was coming out of a swoopy curve and decided to see how low I could skim. overcorrected a little bit.

I've got two of them, but after doing a double brushless, the stocker doesnt see near as much flight time unless I want to mess around with it in the house. I cant fly the brushless in the house because I nail the ceiling if I twitch the throttle.

Old 08-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
ya, I was coming out of a swoopy curve and decided to see how low I could skim. overcorrected a little bit.

I've got two of them, but after doing a double brushless, the stocker doesnt see near as much flight time unless I want to mess around with it in the house. I cant fly the brushless in the house because I nail the ceiling if I twitch the throttle.
Haha yea I just got my brushless board back from Burnoutboy last week and it's insane compared to how it used to be, not double brushless (yet) but I foresee that in the near future! I was just outside for literally 30 seconds flying and it started thundering and raining a little so I brought her down, as soon as I stepped on the porch the bottom dropped so I'm glad I wasn't out flying still! I decided to take it inside and give it a shot...... after a few mishaps I was able to keep it under control but less than half throttle and basically in a hover the whole time, brutal!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in