Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2012, 04:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice job on the list. So how about the tail boom support extension modification that Isaac and I have done to ours? That seems to calm down the torque tube from torquing over and start the wagging sequence. Not to mention that it also helps in airframe rigidity too.

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2012, 04:49 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Nice job on the list. So how about the tail boom support extension modification that Isaac and I have done to ours? That seems to calm down the torque tube from torquing over and start the wagging sequence. Not to mention that it also helps in airframe rigidity too.
In fact, I am in the process of doing this mod that you and Isaac suggested. I just purchased the 4mm CF tubing yesterday and can't wait to try it out.
Willyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 06:08 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cheap fix for a wagging tail that's for sure without any gain changes to the 3 in 1. I just got done fixing up the electronics on my 130X so its back in the air and no wags at all!

Old 08-29-2012, 06:25 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Cheap fix for a wagging tail that's for sure without any gain changes to the 3 in 1. I just got done fixing up the electronics on my 130X so its back in the air and no wags at all!
I'd love to add that one in, can you provide me a link to that thread? Or could you give me a little more info on it? Thanks!
BigEast is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEast View Post
I'd love to add that one in, can you provide me a link to that thread? Or could you give me a little more info on it? Thanks!
Here you go: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=443278

That has both TNT's and my on the same string for two different ways to do the mod.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here you go: https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=443278

That has both TNT's and my on the same string for two different ways to do the mod.
Cool, thank you. I will put that in ASAP.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is, my list are more than yours, complete with pics and test video.
Should anyone like to see, here is the link. Here again these compilation are meant for all of you guys anyway especially for people who just got a new B130X.

Enjoy everyone

Title: Stock Blade 130X to max out slop free performance

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=448479

Maybe we can combined both our list for modding.,
Old 08-30-2012, 08:42 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries17q View Post
There is, my list are more than yours, complete with pics and test video.
Should anyone like to see, here is the link. Here again these compilation are meant for all of you guys anyway especially for people who just got a new B130X.

Enjoy everyone

Title: Stock Blade 130X to max out slop free performance

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=448479

Maybe we can combined both our list for modding.,
Hi Aries17q, I just read over your list and it's good for general mods. My list focuses more on fixing the quirks of the 130X such as the resonance and tail wag. The mods I listed are well known and proven by many people. That said, some of yours sound trivial along with some which are not applicable to most 130's on the market. (Like #15 and #16) I don't mean to be rude at all, quite the contrary actually, it's just that our lists differ.

Last edited by BigEast; 08-30-2012 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: Grammar
Old 08-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi BigEast,

No worries

You pointed out on the list #15 & #16 that "some which are not applicable to most 130's on the market". Hence, notice that the sub title on the forum is "List of what I have done to deal with all the issues". I did not mean to say follow what I have done.

List #15 & 16 Yes, it depends on how people fly their model and how the model performs.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:01 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi BigEast,

No worries

You pointed out on the list #15 & #16 that "some which are not applicable to most 130's on the market". Hence, notice that the sub title on the forum is "List of what I have done to deal with all the issues". I did not mean to say follow what I have done.

List #15 & 16 Yes, it depends on how people fly their model and how the model performs.

Sorry, I didn't catch and take note of your sub title... Glad we came to an understanding though!!

Old 08-30-2012, 10:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi BigEast,

What we wanted is to help others and get the best out of this hobby. Most of them tends to give up so easily....

How is your 130X? anything new?, mine is still the same performance (hopefully) with no further metal upgrades. I will wait once whichever part will break first and then will consider to replace it with the aftermarket hop-ups.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:19 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi BigEast,

What we wanted is to help others and get the best out of this hobby. Most of them tends to give up so easily....

How is your 130X? anything new?, mine is still the same performance (hopefully) with no further metal upgrades. I will wait once whichever part will break first and then will consider to replace it with the aftermarket hop-ups.

My 130X is going very well. No vibrations, tail wag, etc. I performed most of the mods I put up with the exception of the tail fin removal and extended boom supports. (Pending) Also, I highly recommend the Micro Heli steel tail shaft and titanium pitch slider. Wonderful upgrades!!

I'm loving this heli! How is your 130 doing?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:24 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up 130x vibration fix

As an avid bow hunter I wondered if some of the vibration dampening tricks would work on this heli?turns out it works great!take off the tailcase to expose the end of the boom.with a ltl soap I was able to slide on a cx2 canopy grommet.make sure u have plenty of room between the rubber and the tail pushrod.mine vibrated pretty bad so I used two.spools up like a champ now.hope this works for others as well. I know what a pain this little hotrod can be and all of yer help has what has me enjoying it instesd of working on it!thanks!
lonn39 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2012, 06:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

The biggest downside is the fact, there is all these adjustments you have to do to get it to fly well -- or even acceptable.

I am on my third one...

I am not on my 3rd 300x

I am not on my 3rd 450x

I am not on my 3rd msrx,mcx2,120sr,mcPXv2,msr, or any other heli I left out.

And not because I cannot fly, but because there is issues from the factory with it.

I think that is the biggest issue, the fact the basic stuff is messed up from the get go.. tweaks I understand..

Basic flight.. well...
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonn39 View Post
As an avid bow hunter I wondered if some of the vibration dampening tricks would work on this heli?turns out it works great!take off the tailcase to expose the end of the boom.with a ltl soap I was able to slide on a cx2 canopy grommet.make sure u have plenty of room between the rubber and the tail pushrod.mine vibrated pretty bad so I used two.spools up like a champ now.hope this works for others as well. I know what a pain this little hotrod can be and all of yer help has what has me enjoying it instesd of working on it!thanks!
Hi Ionn39, where exactly did you put the canopy grommet? Could you post any pics?
Old 09-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi BigEast,

Just for Updates:

I've changed the A gear to metal one due to the striped plastic gear, this plastic did not last for 20 flight or so.

I did changed back the rudder gain from -5 to default after changing the metal A gear and coloured tail blades. I've noticed that if your doing smack down pitch, the tail is noticeably blowing out maybe the coloured one's are slightly different in geometry. So I tested to use the trim tab about -5 ( note not the sub trim) it works perfect even during the spool-up without wag and vibrations.

Now, so satisfied and happy with it. I thought of getting the one you recommended, the Titanium MH tail pitch slider and the tail shaft, probably my next visit to our LHS. I think this is the way to go, now that there are some experienced a whole tail blade grips ejected out from the tail hub.

Furthermore, I did like the weighted blades, is much better performance and very stable in flight than the un-weighted one.

Cheers
Old 09-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi BigEast,

Just for Updates:

I've changed the A gear to metal one due to the striped plastic gear, this plastic did not last for 20 flight or so.

I did changed back the rudder gain from -5 to default after changing the metal A gear and coloured tail blades. I've noticed that if your doing smack down pitch, the tail is noticeably blowing out maybe the coloured one's are slightly different in geometry. So I tested to use the trim tab about -5 ( note not the sub trim) it works perfect even during the spool-up without wag and vibrations.

Now, so satisfied and happy with it. I thought of getting the one you recommended, the Titanium MH tail pitch slider and the tail shaft, probably my next visit to our LHS. I think this is the way to go, now that there are some experienced a whole tail blade grips ejected out from the tail hub.

Furthermore, I did like the weighted blades, is much better performance and very stable in flight than the un-weighted one.

Cheers
Awesome! I installed the metal A gear as well. At the moment I'm having trouble removing the metal pin in the tail which connects the lever to the pitch slider.

I wanted to let you know that you might have to purchase the micro heli tail blade grips along with the steel tail shaft as the shaft doesn't fit in the stock grips.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi BigEast,

Yes I will, thanks for the heads-up but I will wait until the stock blade grips explodes and ejected in the air.....
Old 09-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hi BigEast,

Yes I will, thanks for the heads-up but I will wait until the stock blade grips explodes and ejected in the air.....
lol
Old 09-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great post

Tags
130x, blade, fixes, mods, tail

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in