anyone own a cherokee, Great Planes? - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related


Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2011, 02:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,985
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: missouri, raymore
Default anyone own a cherokee, Great Planes?

Getting into glow planes... More money! I really have had more fun with my foamies than my helis, lol. IDK why, maybe I can just see them better and not get so disoriented! My helicopter skills are medium at best, mostly stuff that is 10 yards out and up and that's it. It's a blast having a plane 100 yds out doing 40-60 mph with wind ripping by, oh what a feeling . I have a trainer superstar, w/la 40 and it's fun but limited and UGLY! So I am looking to get a sport/ scale mid to low wing plane. Love the looks of the CHEROKEE! However it isn't as sporty looking as I'd like but think this is what I want.
I'm not in to war birds, look cool but not for me. Any suggestions other than the Cherokee? and not afraid of a 3d plane as long as it can be tamed down to learn and then be opened up! Want to be around 52 to 60 inch wing.
Just typing on a boring day but if someone wants ta kill some time and reply... That would be cool!
__________________
Happy flying ....Brad
Trex 550e v2,BLADE 450X ,130X NEVER! McPX BRL, 120DO2s, McPX, Stryker , Edge 540qq,UMX BEASt, Crak Yakx2,
YAK 55M 35CC,A.W. yak 54 20CC,3dhs 330sc 57inch, ALL ON MY JR9503
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-27-2011, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,210
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: washington
Default

I just got the greatplanes cherokee ARF Havent started putting it together yet but have taken it all out of the packaging an I have to say I was quite impressed with the quality and how much is done even the fuel proofing of the firewall was done I figure 5-6 hours and this thing can be in the air. And Im gonna make the flaps operational,but ya dont have to. There are some prety good review and video if ya google it.
rotorfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-28-2011, 07:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,985
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: missouri, raymore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorfan View Post
I just got the greatplanes cherokee ARF Havent started putting it together yet but have taken it all out of the packaging an I have to say I was quite impressed with the quality and how much is done even the fuel proofing of the firewall was done I figure 5-6 hours and this thing can be in the air. And Im gonna make the flaps operational,but ya dont have to. There are some prety good review and video if ya google it.
thank you! I was wondering bout a build vid... Awsome to know, looks like a great plane. Gonna buy! Again thanks!
__________________
Happy flying ....Brad
Trex 550e v2,BLADE 450X ,130X NEVER! McPX BRL, 120DO2s, McPX, Stryker , Edge 540qq,UMX BEASt, Crak Yakx2,
YAK 55M 35CC,A.W. yak 54 20CC,3dhs 330sc 57inch, ALL ON MY JR9503
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2011, 10:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 377
 

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Shreveport, LA
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharvy View Post
Getting into glow planes... More money! I really have had more fun with my foamies than my helis, lol. IDK why, maybe I can just see them better and not get so disoriented! My helicopter skills are medium at best, mostly stuff that is 10 yards out and up and that's it. It's a blast having a plane 100 yds out doing 40-60 mph with wind ripping by, oh what a feeling . I have a trainer superstar, w/la 40 and it's fun but limited and UGLY! So I am looking to get a sport/ scale mid to low wing plane. Love the looks of the CHEROKEE! However it isn't as sporty looking as I'd like but think this is what I want.
I'm not in to war birds, look cool but not for me. Any suggestions other than the Cherokee? and not afraid of a 3d plane as long as it can be tamed down to learn and then be opened up! Want to be around 52 to 60 inch wing.
Just typing on a boring day but if someone wants ta kill some time and reply... That would be cool!

What's up Brad!? This is David. I was out at the field the other day with Chris hot-rodding the UMX Beast and Sbach. Would you be interested in an Escapade? I have a friend who is parting with a brand new one, complete with servos and an OS 46. He is also throwing in 2 other planes just to get rid of them. The other planes are rough, but I know one flies. He didn't even finish building the Escapade. Ok, here is the kicker, he only wants $150. Everything for the Escapade is brand new. Shoot me a text, Chris has my cell. I can email you some pics if you want. The guy who is selling the planes is a coworker of mine. He's a good guy. Let me know!
__________________
Planes: Crack Yak, Habu, F-27Q Stryker, T-28D, UM P-51D, P-51 BL, UM SU-26XP, P-47D, UMX Beast v1 & 3D, UMX Sbach 342, UMX Extra 300 3D, UM F-27Q Stryker, H9 Mustang 40, UM Mosquito, Sky Angel 650mm Mustang/550mm FW190, FMS B-25, 64mm Mig-15 XG11 DX8
ElIntocable is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2011, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,985
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: missouri, raymore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElIntocable View Post
What's up Brad!? This is David. I was out at the field the other day with Chris hot-rodding the UMX Beast and Sbach. Would you be interested in an Escapade? I have a friend who is parting with a brand new one, complete with servos and an OS 46. He is also throwing in 2 other planes just to get rid of them. The other planes are rough, but I know one flies. He didn't even finish building the Escapade. Ok, here is the kicker, he only wants $150. Everything for the Escapade is brand new. Shoot me a text, Chris has my cell. I can email you some pics if you want. The guy who is selling the planes is a coworker of mine. He's a good guy. Let me know!
thanks.. Have him shout. I like good deals!!! I'll see ya.
__________________
Happy flying ....Brad
Trex 550e v2,BLADE 450X ,130X NEVER! McPX BRL, 120DO2s, McPX, Stryker , Edge 540qq,UMX BEASt, Crak Yakx2,
YAK 55M 35CC,A.W. yak 54 20CC,3dhs 330sc 57inch, ALL ON MY JR9503
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2012, 09:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,210
 

Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: washington
Default

Hey bradharvey did you ever get your cherokee? If not I have mine for sale in the everything non heli related section.
rotorfan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 07:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 863
 

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Mount Holly, NJ
Default

Get a pattern plane.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
__________________
South Jersey Heli Group home of Helis Gone Wild
CN 144
eobie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.
 

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1