Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 03:28 PM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is the best money I've ever spent. No doubt about it! This servo and a CF pushrod = match in heaven!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mks.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	435.4 KB
ID:	356245  
Chep is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 01:34 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you for the picture.
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 09:15 AM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

For me just rebuilding the tail, using white lithium on all moving parts and loctite on every screw fixed my wag.

theKaRmA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-10-2012, 11:41 AM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by theKaRmA View Post
For me just rebuilding the tail, using white lithium on all moving parts and loctite on every screw fixed my wag.
In my case, it was the tail servo. No doubt about it. My tail is mechanically set correctly. I'm upgrading cyclic servos pretty soon.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:50 PM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chep View Post
In my case, it was the tail servo. No doubt about it. My tail is mechanically set correctly. I'm upgrading cyclic servos pretty soon.
What tail servo mount is that?
Old 10-15-2012, 03:04 PM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoutnik View Post
What tail servo mount is that?
It's the 250 DFC Pro inner servo plate/mount (pictured above)
Old 11-12-2012, 01:23 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I have been quietly stewing for the last few days to get rid of my 250 SE tail wag. All built to spec right out of the box. All Align parts, all Align electronics. Built just the way they tell you. I did add the CF over the rudder control rod to stiffen it up and not need the guides but otherwise pretty well out of the box.

It would spool up very smoothly and just about the time it looked to be getting light it would begin to wag 5 or 6 inches and just keep going. I didn't think it was prudent to give it any more throttle because I thought that looked like an accident looking to happen.

I tried gains from 0 to 100% and it made no difference at all. I tried setting the delay in the gyro (780) from nothing to 100%, still no difference.

So I took off the Align 420 and put a servo from HK on that I had for another project. It is digital and has more torque than the 420. Same thing - wag,wag,wag.

So I changed the gyro to a HK GA 250 that I have for another project and plugged that in. Some reprogramming to get it working on this but not too bad. Maybe a little higher RPM before it wags but still not good.

So today I put the 420 back on it and left the 250 gyro on it looked (on the bench) like that was going to be better. Down to the garage tonight with training gear on and it stay real solid so I got to creep it off the ground just a bit and actually move around the floor for a while.

So for me the fix is a $10 Chinese gyro. It works great.

Now to plug in the hours to get comfortable flying this machine. At least it appears to be doable now.

-Barry
bdfox1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 02:12 PM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfox1 View Post
So for me the fix is a $10 Chinese gyro. It works great.
For now... [Edit: By which I meant to say the infamous 250 tail wag can always come back, and not to shoot down cheap Chinese gyros.]

Quote:
Now to plug in the hours to get comfortable flying this machine. At least it appears to be doable now.
A good-flying 250 is a ton of fun. Enjoy!

Last edited by Harbormaster; 11-18-2012 at 02:57 PM.. Reason: Clarification
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-14-2012, 02:30 PM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Have you tried re-flashing the HK GA250 with OlliW's firmware? Turns a cheap $10 gyro into one that acts like a Quark!
Walkera 4#3B, 4G6
Align 250SE, Gaui 200
Tarot 450PRO
Align 550L Dominator
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2012, 05:06 PM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

3 days of 4 packs a day and just a blast. Still just hovering and a bit of straight line stuff but a very satisfying thing so far. Getting rid of a few bad habits from lots of hours flying my 120SR but not too many of those.

More battery packs should arrive in the next day or so and then more flying time.

Bringing it home in one piece everyday is the goal. So far, so good.

-Barry
Old 11-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gotta have more battery packs!

Bringing it home in one piece is all well and good, but sometimes you gotta push the envelope a little bit... (That said, my 250 is in a box right now after having had its envelope pushed a little too far. )
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've got all the time in the world to push the envelope (and mine has no trick flying in its plan at all) so I go slowly and try some small changes in what I can do every 2 or 3 days. I am so happy to hover and make it move around (more or less in control). My expectations are low so my progress is fantastic.

-Barry
Old 01-04-2013, 07:59 AM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default flying wagger

Thanks Olli! I will try a GA250 on the wagging HK250 that has caused me trouble. Heck, I put that 250 away for a year.

I just learned that you are working magic over here in this forum, too. I miss you in Blheli forums. I will use your firmware to make a good little gyro.

There is hope for my 250. Yay.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:18 AM   #214 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Has anyone used a clone tail case on here? Is the tail slop mostly just in the align tail case? If so, I bet a clone case would be great. I hear EXI is a very very good clone brand and that's what I plan to do.
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic View Post
Has anyone used a clone tail case on here? Is the tail slop mostly just in the align tail case? If so, I bet a clone case would be great. I hear EXI is a very very good clone brand and that's what I plan to do.
My 0.02. Don't go EXI/Clone tail for the following reasons:
1) Align Tail shafts are incompatible with clone tail box
2) Clone tail shafts are not very good (my friends had the spline/gear part of it start spinning independent of the shaft, resulting in loss of tail power, piroette and crash)

I got the stock shafts to work on clone box by putting spacers on the screws, and actually that jimmy rig setup is working better than the stock setup, but not recommended.
mCP X ||| mCP X BL ||| 130X ||| 250 FBL ||| 250 FBL #2 ||| 450 Sport V2 FBL ||| 450 Pro FBL ||| X5 ||| DX6i
Airman0386 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #216 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
I got the stock shafts I work on the clone box by putting spacers on he screws...
Just to clarify, what screws? He ones holding the tail SE together? Is the stock shaft longer than the clone's?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:23 PM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic View Post
Just to clarify, what screws? He ones holding the tail SE together? Is the stock shaft longer than the clone's?
Yeah, the stock 250 has a wider box, and therefore wider shafts. So the tail is composed of the boom block thing, and the 2 side plates, and the silver spacers that you screw into. I used the clone block and plates, with Align shaft, by addind brass spacers between the plates and block, thus increasing the space between the two blocks wide enough to fit stock shafts.
mCP X ||| mCP X BL ||| 130X ||| 250 FBL ||| 250 FBL #2 ||| 450 Sport V2 FBL ||| 450 Pro FBL ||| X5 ||| DX6i
Airman0386 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #218 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airman0386 View Post
Yeah, the stock 250 has a wider box, and therefore wider shafts. So the tail is composed of the boom block thing, and the 2 side plates, and the silver spacers that you screw into. I used the clone block and plates, with Align shaft, by addind brass spacers between the plates and block, thus increasing the space between the two blocks wide enough to fit stock shafts.
That makes perfect sense, thanks! Will try that.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:38 PM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the newish DFC trex250 with the new tail slider fix the tail wagging problem?

I have a copterX 250 for almost three years, and was plagued by tail wag problem
until about last year when I stumbled onto a combination that didn't wag (hitec 5084mg
tail servo, microbeastx gyro). It was flying really well for a few month that someone else
with a trex 250 fbl (non-DFC) with a ds95i tail servo and a skokum 720 gyro was amazed
at how well mine flew. In reality I'm sure his flew better, but they looked about the same
in the air. Anyways, eventually the tail wore out (broken belts), ..etc and I was not able
to get it to not wag. This week I replaced the 5084mg servo with a turnigy s306hv (the
mks ds95 look alike), and the tail was quite locked in. But subsequent flights the tail
got looser and looser and I started getting slow wag again.

I think the hobbyking tail parts for the hk250 is getting lower and lower in quality and therefore
wear quickly enough to develop tailwag within a couple of flights. After a few flights there
was noticeably more play in the tail slider.

I wonder if the new align tail (shaft drive, fancy tail slider) has low enough slop so that the
tail wag problem disappears. Does anyone know?

Thanks
mayday1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfox1 View Post
3 days of 4 packs a day and just a blast. Still just hovering and a bit of straight line stuff but a very satisfying thing so far. Getting rid of a few bad habits from lots of hours flying my 120SR but not too many of those.

More battery packs should arrive in the next day or so and then more flying time.

Bringing it home in one piece everyday is the goal. So far, so good.

-Barry
I'm in the exact same boat! Hope all is still good on your end...
Chris Giordano is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in