Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 08:08 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

First off.... I'm not defending anyone....

But, do you think it's possible, someone bought a 75 and 100 from hobbyking, swapped stickers, and sent the 75 back labeled as a 100....???

Like I said at first... Not defending anyone... this idea just popped into my head while reading the thread you posted.

This is just a thought. something to think about....

Good luck,
Joe_Breezy
Diablo, Shape 9.0, Goblin 700 & 380, Sylphide 90, Srimok 90N x2, Srimok 90E, Dune, Vibe 90SG, TDR, E-Aurora, Logo 600SE & 500SE, T600 ESP, T600NSP, Synergy E6 & E5, Warp 360, Gaui NX4 & X4,T500, T450 Pro FBL, 180CFX and 130x
Breezyjr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2011, 08:50 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My 2 cents. I agree, and disagree with a lot being said. I to, have been one of those people scammed by Paypal. I had sold an item on eBay. Seller received it, claimed it wasn't as described, and supposedly shipped it back. I never received the package, post office didn't know what happened to the package, and because this person provided a tracking number that said it was delivered, they debited my account for the refund. I was out of the money, and the product. For this reason I started going unverified. This worked good for me until they started putting holds on funds received from eBay sells. Now I sell something on eBay, I have to pay for shipping, ship the item, and wait a for the buyer to receive it and leave positive feedback, or 3 days after buyer has received it. I sell to make money, not to waste time.

IMO, I don't think there is anything wrong with trying to work out PP fees with a seller or buyer. Sometimes, just to be able to sell an item you have to take a loss, so I believe in minimal loss. I am guilty of offering 2 prices, a full price, and a gifted price. But that is on items that are already priced way too low, and im taking a hit on. That gives you the option to go for protection, or save money. I am an honest seller and buyer, so I don't have any problems with it. I think like everything else in life, you should have the right to a decision, but also be prepared to accept the consequences if you make a bad decision.
In the end, I can trust PayPal as much as I can trust those offering gifted payment. If its between them losing money, or you losing money, guess what, you will be the loser.

Happy buying, and buy with caution.
9K4O
breathe rc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have to add this since I work for PayPal in the disputes department...

please do yourself a favor and READ how you are protected both as a buyer and seller.

Seller
Basically...
1. Get proof of delivery ONLINE meaning it shows delivered to buyer's address
2. Get ONLINE proof of Signature if item over $250
3. Item MUST be shipped to address on the transaction details (print PayPal shipping label to avoid problems)
4. Transaction shows Seller Protection is ELIGIBLE!!!

Do all of the above and you are protected.
Ask for an invoice from your seller's with a full description of what is being ordered.
Link your items being purchased to an online website or eBay so they know if the item will be not as described or not.

11.3 Eligibility Requirements.
To be eligible for PayPal Seller protection, you must meet all of the basic requirements listed below under (a) Basic Requirements. To be covered for Item Not Received protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Item Not Received Additional Requirements listed below under (b). To be covered for Unauthorized Transaction protection, you must meet both the Basic Requirements and the Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements listed below under (c).
a. Basic Requirements:
  • You must ship the item to the shipping address on the Transaction Details Page.
  • You must respond to PayPal's requests for documentation and other information in a timely manner.
  • The item must be a physical, tangible good that can be shipped.
  • Your primary residence, as listed in your Account, must be in the United States.
b. Item Not Received Additional Requirements:
  • For Chargebacks, the payment must be marked “eligible” or “partially eligible” for PayPal Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
  • You must provide Proof of Delivery as described below in Section 11.4.
  • If the payment is for pre-ordered or made-to-order goods, shipment is required within the timeframe specified in your item listing. Otherwise, it is recommended that you ship all items within 7 Days after receipt of payment.
c. Unauthorized Transactions Additional Requirements:
  • The payment must be marked “eligible” for PayPal Seller protection on the Transaction Details Page.
  • You must provide Proof of Shipment or Proof of Delivery.
11.4 Proof of Shipment, Proof of Delivery and Signature Confirmation Requirements.
"Proof of Shipment" is online or physical documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The date the item is shipped.
  • The recipient’s address matches the shipping address provided on the Transaction Details Page.
  • The recipient’s address, showing at least the city & state, or city & country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).
"Proof of Delivery" is online documentation from a shipping company that includes all of the following:

• The item’s status as delivered.
  • The date the item is delivered.
  • The recipient address is the same as in the shipping address section on the Transaction Details Page.
  • The recipient's address, showing at least the city & state, or city & country, or zip/postal code (or international equivalent).
  • Signature Confirmation as described below if the full amount of the payment including shipping and taxes is $250 USD or more or its foreign currency equivalent provided below:

Buyer (Ineligible Items ZERO coverage)

13.3 Ineligible Items. PayPal Purchase Protection only applies to PayPal payments for certain tangible, physical goods. Payments for the following are not eligible for reimbursement under PayPal Purchase Protection:
  1. Intangible items, including Digital Goods
  2. Services
  3. Real estate, including residential property
  4. Businesses
  5. Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft and boats
  6. Custom-made items
  7. Travel tickets, including airline flight tickets
  8. Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
  9. Items which you collect in person or arrange to be collected on your behalf, including items bought through In-Store Checkout at the retail point of sale (unless bought using PayPal Grace Period, see Eligibility Requirements above)
  10. Items that violate eBay’s Prohibited or Restricted Items Policy
  11. Industrial machinery used in manufacturing
  12. Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards
  13. PayPal Direct Payments
  14. Virtual Terminal Payments
  15. Personal Payments

DO YOUR HOMEWORK and DONT EVER call me about how you didn't do your homework and your losing money because of some seller or buyer is scamming you.

I NEVER WANT TO HEAR ABOUT IT!

Safe buying and happy people!!!
Lancore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Your primary residence, as listed in your Account, must be in the United States.
So paypal doesn't protect any of its customers that aren't in the states?

Dogs come when called. Cats take a message and get back to you later.
Cailid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good question

This user agreement is from the united states version of the website

If you go to the user agreement in another country it will just show that country.

So no, you do not have to live in the US
Lancore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by geral View Post
if i give a price,and don't specify paypal fees,but it is a new item and i pay shipping,as well as losing money on item.is it wrong for me to expect buyer to pay them,i always pay paypal fees when i buy something,it is a couple dollars,
that's the least i can do for getting a good deal,or not paying shippingif the item is under cost,
thank's
Me personally would never pay any additional fees for someones elses sale and if they asked me to after the sale he would never hear from me again well he might but not in a nice way lol...
If you decide to sell an item and use the internet to sell it your going to have to pay fees very small fees but fees regardless and if you have to ask someone else to pay that for you, you probably shouldnt be in this hobby ..lol considering what items can cost.
rex700E is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 04:32 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex700E View Post
Me personally would never pay any additional fees for someones elses sale and if they asked me to after the sale he would never hear from me again well he might but not in a nice way lol...
If you decide to sell an item and use the internet to sell it your going to have to pay fees very small fees but fees regardless and if you have to ask someone else to pay that for you, you probably shouldnt be in this hobby ..lol considering what items can cost.

Though i wouldn't ask the buyer to pay as gift, i recently sold my Goblin 630 (24 hours ago) and he paid via PayPal $850 shipped.

Everyone is busy thinking, it's a small fee get over it. I've never minded the $3-8 i've paid over the years but this was the more expensive item i've sold over the years and i just paid PayPal $25 in fee's + $66 to ship. So yeah the fee's add up depending on what you're selling.

It's not as simple as "simple fee's". I find the 3% is pretty high considering i process credi cards for less (half that) via my business. It cost me almost $100 to sell this Goblin. Cost of selling? sure but let's not ignore the high 3% when considering high priced items and how it can impact the real amount the seller is really making back.

I took a huge loss on this Goblin considering it was new, never flown. I forgot that paypal fee's were so high so at times i can understand why some may ask for their fee's to be covered IF the buyer wants to pay via paypal, especially when other payment options may be offered. I don't usually accept PayPal but the guy had 100+ positive feedback so i took the hit simply to feel safe about my deal.

mCX2 | CX2 | 1SQ | MQX | mCPX BL | T-Rex 450SE V1 & V2 | T-Rex 500CF (x2) | T-Rex 600 | Goblin 770
b0r3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 06:28 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wait.. time out... what does you paying for shipping have to do with your small $25 paypal fee? Shipping was almost triple your fees... Why didn't you have the buyer pay shipping charge? Take shipping out of the equation and your fee for this expensive heli was a mere $25 out of $850, which means you made $825... not bad.

So, don't blame paypal for paying "almost $100 to sell" YOU paid for shipping...

Joe_Breezy
Diablo, Shape 9.0, Goblin 700 & 380, Sylphide 90, Srimok 90N x2, Srimok 90E, Dune, Vibe 90SG, TDR, E-Aurora, Logo 600SE & 500SE, T600 ESP, T600NSP, Synergy E6 & E5, Warp 360, Gaui NX4 & X4,T500, T450 Pro FBL, 180CFX and 130x
Breezyjr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breezyjr View Post
Wait.. time out... what does you paying for shipping have to do with your small $25 paypal fee? Shipping was almost triple your fees... Why didn't you have the buyer pay shipping charge? Take shipping out of the equation and your fee for this expensive heli was a mere $25 out of $850, which means you made $825... not bad.

So, don't blame paypal for paying "almost $100 to sell" YOU paid for shipping...

Joe_Breezy
no where was i blaming PayPal. Read carefully before you jump down my throat. I was speaking of the heavy handed percentage fee's. They seem like nothing on a $100 sale. Bring the sale up to $1000 and it's some serious fee's.

I laughed at your "small $25 paypal fee". This isn't small. I was speaking as a total of what i paid after shipping and paypal fee's. What is with people and assuming everyone blames PayPal for everything? I've had a business account with PayPal since the day they first started. I'm one of their first customers.

$150 fee to buy a $5000 jet copter? Yeah small fee alright. My 1.8% credit card processing fee's should not be cheaper then PayPal.

Here, just in case you think i'm blaming some how again. I'm not blaming PayPal. I've actually paid very heavily and paid my dues to them over the many years. I was simply talking about how when someone selling an item accounts for shipping costs + the paypal fee's they will pay it adds up. nothing more

mCX2 | CX2 | 1SQ | MQX | mCPX BL | T-Rex 450SE V1 & V2 | T-Rex 500CF (x2) | T-Rex 600 | Goblin 770
b0r3d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 09:52 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

It remains to be seen. Everything has two sides. Paypal makes it convenient for us to pay for our products. However, there are some risks in it. So be caution to it!

Last time, I used paypal to purchase some wow gold successfully form www.live4mmo.com,
heaven11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in