Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room

Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room Finless Bob's Helifreak Tech Room - Tips and how-To Videos

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2007, 04:10 AM   #241 (permalink)

Thanks for the throttle cut switch video Finless. Works awesome on my Nitro!!!

I'm surprised more people arn't doing that mod.
brovic777 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2007, 05:54 AM   #242 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finless View Post
Once you have run a few tanks 4-5, then start moving it in a click or 2 and run it... You should feel power getting better as you start to lean it out. If you go too far the engine will sound like it is screaming at you and will make what some refer to as a "bark" when you hit the throttle. Now as you try it 1-2 clicks in at a time run it and land and do the finger test in the bottom of the motor. If you cant hold your finger there for a few seconds YOUR TOO LEAN.

In general if you have the needle less than 3/4 turn out you probably too lean. I am about 1 click in on a full turn but I change this based on conditions for that day!

Bob
Thankyou bob! I'll try this week-end the engine setup! Just a little last question. I noticed that my tail is not properly centered, I mean, according to the manual and your vids, having the servo at 90 and bell crank at 90 I should get the center of the tail slider with a little of pitch but I do get a neutral pitch to the opposite!!! and I also notice a little of strikes! If i try to lenghten the tail servo arm it strikes more!! I'm using a gy611, everything is factory setup end points are 100 gain 0 in Normal mode!! I'm just becoming crazy to understand what'sup!
mc.mark is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2007, 06:02 AM   #243 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Mark what your asking is simple man... ADJUST the 611 end points so they DO NOT bind the servo! In the 611 menus are end point adjustments to limit the throw to each side. Adjust those!

I have several 611 setup videos done on the 600E, logo14 etc.... Watch those and understand how to adjust throw in the gyro menu.

Sorry but best answer I can give you

Bob
Finless is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-20-2007, 06:21 AM   #244 (permalink)

No problem Bob, thanks again! Ok I'll watch the vids! I wanted to lower the limits on the gyro but doing so I had to go under 100% (94%) and I thought it was wrong that's because I didn't do it. Ok I'll work on it!

Mark
Old 11-20-2007, 07:10 PM   #245 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc.mark View Post
No problem Bob, thanks again! Ok I'll watch the vids! I wanted to lower the limits on the gyro but doing so I had to go under 100% (94%) and I thought it was wrong that's because I didn't do it. Ok I'll work on it!

Mark
In addition to Bob's work on the 611 I have done 2 tail setup videos on the 600 N & E which you may or may not find useful
Old 11-20-2007, 07:17 PM   #246 (permalink)

Quote:
Mark what your asking is simple man... ADJUST the 611 end points so they DO NOT bind the servo! In the 611 menus are end point adjustments to limit the throw to each side. Adjust those!

I have several 611 setup videos done on the 600E, logo14 etc.... Watch those and understand how to adjust throw in the gyro menu.

Sorry but best answer I can give you

Bob
Hi Bob,

So, this is what I got after setup:
all linkages at 90, I set the tail so that at neutral induces a little of pitch, main likage is 187 mm and second linkage about 648/9 mm; I set gyro menu with 80% of limit one side and 112 the other side. I don't get any bindings and strikes, could it work good?
Thanks
Mark
Old 11-20-2007, 07:46 PM   #247 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercuriell View Post
In addition to Bob's work on the 611 I have done 2 tail setup videos on the 600 N & E which you may or may not find useful
Hi, mercuriell! Thank you very much! I didn't check out your vids yet! Yeah, anything is useful! You're really great guys, thank you very much again, I'll try to work on my sy setup to get limits on my gyro over than 100, adgusting rods again.
Mark
Old 11-20-2007, 08:17 PM   #248 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc.mark View Post
Hi Bob,

So, this is what I got after setup:
all linkages at 90, I set the tail so that at neutral induces a little of pitch, main likage is 187 mm and second linkage about 648/9 mm; I set gyro menu with 80% of limit one side and 112 the other side. I don't get any bindings and strikes, could it work good?
Thanks
Mark
I honeslty would like to see you MOVE the servo on the boom if as 600E or adjust the link from the bell crank to the tail, andsee you end points a little more balanced BUT YES... I think you will be fine my friend!

FLY IT

Bob
Old 11-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #249 (permalink)

Quote:
I honeslty would like to see you MOVE the servo on the boom if as 600E or adjust the link from the bell crank to the tail, andsee you end points a little more balanced BUT YES... I think you will be fine my friend!

FLY IT

Bob
So, first sorry for this long conversation and thanks again. After your sugestions I worked on it, this is what I get now: I changed the servo horn hole, now I'm using the 3rd hole and not the 2nd as the manual says, I set up the sencond linkage and my gyro limits are 119 and 137 when the stik is centered i have a slightly pitch but not so much, I think i'll adjust it with the trim, I think it should work this way.

Mark
Old 11-21-2007, 11:29 AM   #250 (permalink)
Team Taco VP

My HF Map location

You should not use trim to center it. The 611 operates the best if the ends are between 110 and 120. Yours are a little high. Anyway dont trim the radio.

Bob
Old 11-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #251 (permalink)

Hi, I wanted to post some pictures of what I get after changing again, I changed the servo horn hole according to the manual (the servo is not the stellar but the lenght is the same as the 2 hole in the stellar one) i get the pitch in neutral but a lot of bindings and to avoide them I had to set gyro lmts to 56 and 132!!! I really don't know how to do it! i didn't set up many many helis before but I've never had such problems with tail settings. p.s. first linkagge is 187 and the secon is about 650mm!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_00010001.JPG
Views:	411
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	31257   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_00020002.JPG
Views:	401
Size:	58.1 KB
ID:	31258   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_00050003.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	31259  
Old 11-30-2007, 08:12 AM   #252 (permalink)

OK, now my tail works fine 100 and 100 are the limits! I was centering blades in the wrong direction. Thank you anyway!

Mark
Old 11-30-2007, 06:50 PM   #253 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool

Hi Bob and thanks for the vids. I would like to ask you about throttle curves in relation with the needle valves.
How the V curve should be? For example an 100 85 70 85 100 and to achieve 2000 headspeed by enriching or leaning the needle valve? is that correct?

Thanks in advance
Micky

e.g. it would be nice to see a vid with throttle curves in relation with osmax as i dont use a gov.
mickynoise is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-02-2007, 07:30 AM   #254 (permalink)
HF Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickynoise View Post
Hi Bob and thanks for the vids. I would like to ask you about throttle curves in relation with the needle valves.
How the V curve should be? For example an 100 85 70 85 100 and to achieve 2000 headspeed by enriching or leaning the needle valve? is that correct?
Best not to dial in 100% throttle to start with - I'd go something like 0 55 65 75 100 in normal mode and 85 75 65 75 85 in idle up. Head speed comes about primarily from the gearing and throttle setting and NOT needle valve setting. Needle valve setting is a balance between power and opverheating and is ususally around 1 1/4 turns open on the OS 50 Hyper - if you're not sure about this watch Bob;s break in video or get some local help.
Old 12-09-2007, 01:32 PM   #255 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Mercuriell. Right now i have my settings

Normal 0 30 50 70 90 IDLE 1 (+-10) 100 71 52 71 100 (2000 RPM)
and IDLE 2 (+-12) 100 80 60 80 100 (2040 RPM)

My needle valve is 1 1/4 and 5 clicks open.It does not bog, all the way up and down in the stick
i hear the same sound and no overspeeding issues or bogging.

But if i want to make a lower RPM its difficult to have a good tuning with these Curves.
You suggest me 85 75 65 75 85. Is it good to have in top pitch 85%?
Some people say that it should be always 100% the last points...

A bit confused.maybe its time to use a governor
mickynoise is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2007, 05:04 PM   #256 (permalink)
HF Support

By all means put in 100% as your end points once you have a feel of the engine and when it is run in a few tanks - just not good practice IMO to put pedal to the metal for a new engine
Old 12-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #257 (permalink)
Registered Users

i like it bob!!! its great!!! verry detailed:thumbs-up2:
razer t-rex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2007, 01:01 PM   #258 (permalink)
Registered Users

you make me want to go out and buy me a t-rex 600 n pro
which would be my first heli other than the blade cp
Old 12-15-2007, 04:48 PM   #259 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

The only thing stopping me from buying one is money (I know: since when has that stopped anybody?), but that situation should be remedied shortly before my birthday, so I plan to treat myself to a not-so-little gift.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2007, 08:40 PM   #260 (permalink)
Registered Users

im only 13 so i dont have much money to spend other than birthday money lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in