Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ZYX-S Not Initializing After Turning Off & Back On

I found a photo of someone elese ZYX-S maybe an older or earlyer version. Look at mine, where I have the text in Red, and the line pointing to the two what looks like diodes to me. They are soldered together on one end. And in the Example picture they are not. Both have same ZYX-S-1 marked on the board. I wonder if this is was a slip up thats whats causeing mine to malfunction?

Mines the darker blue, and the example one is a lighter blue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ZYX-S Diode Gap.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	248.8 KB
ID:	416305   Click image for larger version

Name:	My ZYX-S Bottom Diodes.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	115.1 KB
ID:	416306  

Last edited by RCHSF; 04-29-2013 at 07:40 AM..
RCHSF is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2013, 07:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Any body got a working ZYX-S they willing to open up and snap a clear shot to the area in question?

Last edited by RCHSF; 04-29-2013 at 07:29 AM..
RCHSF is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

clearly they should not be soldered together. I'm going to check mine for that problem.
Icanfly is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah I unsoldered and tested samething so I redid it like it was. It's a Dud!!!
Old 05-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not diodes, those are a couple of ceramic capacitors. As to whether or not the two should be shorted together, that is a question of what the actual circuit board traces are doing where they are soldered, and to which particular electrical node the two ends are supposed to be tied. If you can't tell by visual inspection, there is always the option to carefully remove them, clean up the circuit board pads, then again inspect, and/or use an ohmmeter, looking for connectivity.

Making the world better, one helicopter at a time. Team Heliproz
dksia is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 10:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It appears to me by this photo (scroll down and zoom in) those caps are electrically connected.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...512179&page=25
AXN FPV
Daddy is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 11:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dksia View Post
Not diodes, those are a couple of ceramic capacitors. As to whether or not the two should be shorted together, that is a question of what the actual circuit board traces are doing where they are soldered, and to which particular electrical node the two ends are supposed to be tied. If you can't tell by visual inspection, there is always the option to carefully remove them, clean up the circuit board pads, then again inspect, and/or use an ohmmeter, looking for connectivity.
+1
Those are capacitors. They are normally soldered on the board without touching, and I can't tell just by looking if they are actually connected in the circuit or not. If you have a multimeter you could check.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

though they may connect in the circuit they may be parallel or a series connection. No way to know but to restore it to original non connected form. You can send a pick of the connected form to tarot and see what they recommend.

Maybe the connected cap form caused an eprom program glitch enough to stop it from working properly again.
Icanfly is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 12:33 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think this photo shows they are electrically connected. It also appears they are all just used to filter the regulator transistor to the right.

Although it is shoddy workmanship, I'm pretty sure this isn't causing your issue. What is the malfunction you're having?

AXN FPV
Old 05-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That's a good photo, Daddy. And I agree, it's unlikely the OP's problem is caused by the two caps touching.

OP, check your wiring. It's possible you have an unsecured or dirty contact, possibly on the tail gain or rudder signal cables (these are required for the ZYX-S to initialize).
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't had any servos connected while testing this unit. Your saying the unit has to have servos, especially the tail servo connected? Does it need to sense the servos to initialize?
Old 05-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes, connect everything after you've selected the servo configuration (analog/analog, analog/ digital, digital/digital).

Have you watched these video's? They helped me.

HK-450GT Flybarless Conversion - pt 1 - Introduction (6 min 18 sec)
AXN FPV
Old 08-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. M View Post
That's a good photo, Daddy. And I agree, it's unlikely the OP's problem is caused by the two caps touching.

OP, check your wiring. It's possible you have an unsecured or dirty contact, possibly on the tail gain or rudder signal cables (these are required for the ZYX-S to initialize).

Tried it again, been working with it for a few days now. All new servos, so nothing should be dirty. Tired it diffrant ways to see if it would solve the initialize problem. No Joy!!!

I can enter the setup software setup every thing all seems to work. From the software point of view. Turn off the zyx-s unit, turn it back on and theres the flashing red, or blue light. I have to press the little set button everytime to get it to re-initialize. Now I'm trying to set it up with a set of 65HB servos, and the servos rock back and forth, ie turn clockwise, then counterclocwise on their own. I use a Jr 3500g tail servo, digital, set software for that and analog for the cyclics, tail servo works, but cyclic are crazy. I've tried all versions of the firmware, and both software apps.

I've read all the info I can find on this unit, and watched every video made.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

When I bind the ZYX-s with a Satt, useing the satt and dual male connector, I supply power via either ch 4, or 1. And satt is plugged into Rd port, and you know where the cable go's right. Anyways my DX8 says binding in DSM2 mode, which mode in software do ya'll select?....... I have tried them all on the zyx-s software.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in