Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Vbar throttle issue with nitro

I have repeatedly thought it was my setup that was incorrect, but I believe something is messed up in my Blueline 5.3 pro. I cannot get the throttle to be consistant, Flew great first flight last three times out then I bring it home and play with gov settings for an hour and it works again, but after a flight, the throttle servo acts like the input channel has been changed and it sets on failsafe position no matter what I do with throttle or idle up switches, and then I can power on and off and maybe it works maybe it doesn't. I will attatch log and setup files please help, Worked great for the last year this just started Gov is on nitro 2 channels flat throttle curves on idle up, like I said it did work great, since I have had to mess with it I can get it to work telling it I am in another spot on the vbar, example I tell vbar throttle output is the collective esc spot, and I plug throttle servo into the channel 4 slot instead and it will function, but the gov does not work, nor the softstart. I can get it to work but it usually is only for one flight then I have to hook it back up to pc and go thru setup on nitro gov again, changing the settings and then changing them back to where I started and it works for a couple flights, you get the idea. Jason
Attached Files
File Type: pdf log.pdf (285.8 KB, 61 views)
File Type: vbr 600N.vbr (5.5 KB, 45 views)
RuYela is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anybody?
Old 05-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm confused so what sometimes the throttle servo works and sometimes it doesn't? I have a similar issue but when I flick throttle cut on/off then it works no problem.
nynextel88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2013, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Correct I had it working last night It sat in my house overnight I just turned it on and throttle servo is stuck at failsafe, it gets power but does not movefor peace of mind I just tried to hit throttle cut and nothing on mine, still doesn't work. I can hook it back up to computer and get it working again by switching gov settings and then switching them back to where I started, but next time I turn it on chances are it wont work again, and if it does it will work for one flight then not work again until I hook it up to my pc. Hoping its covered under some kinda warranty, I have 375+ in this thing and I only get a year out of it?
Old 05-04-2013, 06:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not sure sorry buddy I know with mine sometimes when I power up it won't work until I hit throttle cut which I have set to -30%. Maybe the vBar needs to see a certain percent of throttle before it allows the throttle servo to work? Maybe someone else can chime in here
nynextel88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ha, Well guess you were correct, but I had to Initialize with throttle cut active, then I can let off once I get the pumps and it will work, My hold is set to a hi idle and my throttle is set to idle, so I guess It wasn't letting it initialize due to not low enough throttle, thanks Mynextel88
Old 05-19-2013, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

FYI - Both RuYela & nynextel88 assumption is correct. Last year I ran into this same issue and and Mikado support advised the VBar needs to see throttle cut before it will initiate throttle control / arm.

"...try lowereing stick to cut..." - MrMel (Mikado Support)

"Program a "throttle cut" switch that can be also used to shut down the engine.
Then hit it once after the V-bar is awake and things should be back to normal. " - GravityKills (Helpful Vbar user)

"We won't arm the throttle output until once the "motor off" was there for a short time. Safety feature for electrics to avoid accidental spoolup! " -RV (Mikado Support)

Reference Post: http://www.vstabi.info/forum/read.php?26,77779

Tags
gov, nitro, problem, throttle, vbar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in