Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

They are a seriously awesome set of delts Rich!

Is your TH pitch curve the same as you 'landing mode' curve? (if you land in IU and hit TH for example)

This might be the cause of your heli acting weird when it spooled down.
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2013, 05:47 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailureToFly View Post
They are a seriously awesome set of delts Rich!

Is your TH pitch curve the same as you 'landing mode' curve? (if you land in IU and hit TH for example)

This might be the cause of your heli acting weird when it spooled down.
Thank you FTF.

I run a linear curve only difference is Normal mode starts a 30. ( Book settings.)
I have been landing in IU-TH (curves match) . Going to go to Norm-TH and I'll make the two curves match. Maybe with my fly sites (wind and ground conditions ) the slower head speed when it touches will help out. I haven't seen the video yet.

One of by flying group guys filmed my flights and has the flips. He is editing it into slow motion so I can get a better look on what happened.

Last edited by RichKnapp; 05-21-2013 at 07:47 AM..
RichKnapp is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2013, 08:02 AM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I won't lye. I may have wiggled to reposition in my wheelchair and unintentionally may have moved the sticks . I'm not sure. I sit in my chair different when I fly from when I'm just general moving around.

I don't like the confined cramped feeling when I sit back and put the Tx on my lap. So I slide forward and put it between my knees.

I tried pinch and Tx on lap but that felt cramped and confined plus both my thumbs have been rebuild and move better thumbing it than they doing the pinch.

Not making excuses at all. Just a back ground on style and such so people can have more info for ideas.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:56 PM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Coder ring on DX6i going out. Cleaned it up and its hit and miss on it working. I'm not original owner so no warranty plus its been moded with back light.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:22 PM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

DX8 ordered.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:02 PM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
Coder ring on DX6i going out. Cleaned it up and its hit and miss on it working. I'm not original owner so no warranty plus its been moded with back light.
Whats the coder ring?I have a dx6i never heard of it.,
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"
Pappy1 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2013, 05:46 AM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranknut View Post
Whats the coder ring?I have a dx6i never heard of it.,
The circular switch inside that the thumb roller turns. The switch the thumb roller end prong slides into. (Non push side)

CopterGuy has helped me out so much, I'm giving it to him and If he can fix it, he can keep what he gets for it, for his time and trouble.

He is a IT tec and should be able to do all the cross referencing to find one. Spectrum don't sell it as a part you can do yourself.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1124.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	422371  
Old 05-22-2013, 07:13 AM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your a good guy rich you could have had the dx6 fixed and used it for a sim controler , but once you get your DX8 you won't be able to keep your hands off it you'll never need another TX .
Old 05-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry to hear you had to buy a new TX . I'm already jealous too.
Crakin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2013, 07:24 AM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Rich, learn something new everyday,
I just got a new, power supply unit going Cost me $40 bucks 12v 47amps second hand used, server power supply.Just had to short 3 pins together to trick psu to turn on.Bargain
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"
Pappy1 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2013, 07:52 AM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks guys.

OK new plan. ( I am CopterGuys personal trainer so see him every morning) CopterGuy gave me the board/ring from his DX6i and he ordered parts he found that look like they will work to rebuild what Spectrum don't sell for us. IF this works He will be making posts.

As far as the DX6i? He is glad to use my board as a ginny pig and told me to put his ring/board in it and use it for my Sim and for the mCPx and my Nano so Mac (my 12 year old son) don't need to use my DX8 to fly the little birds.

He understands me being leery to put the 450X up in air with it. Even if the tx is fixed there is that mental thought (is it going to mess up? Am I going to have a Tx crash? ) in back of head to pull concentration away. As it is, I have to concentrate harder than a person without M.S. . Long story there I won't get into the biology/neurology of it.

Long and short. DX8 should be here Thr. ( no tracking number yet) and the DX6i is getting fixed and made into a Sim/micro heli Tx. The old board/ring is donating itself to science.

I will have a Tx with a warranty.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:57 AM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crakin View Post
Sorry to hear you had to buy a new TX . I'm already jealous too.
I was still going to hold off and just get another DX6i or a DX7s with warranty, but the wife said with it being part of my eye/hand therapy. Just go to DX8 with no mods needed, and able to keep the warranty. When she said that I was like , Ahhh, OK

Don't be jealous of the Tx.
Be jealous of having a wife that spoils me.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:22 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Going for a more mellow look this build. Friend was putting in a order at Hobby King so I had him throw a couple sets of 62mm colored tail blades seen as I'm going to start taking off and landing on a paved surface. Can't color them myself for $0 .82 a pair counting supplies and labor. (I know my time is free but it's still time)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1125.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	422430   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1126.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	63.4 KB
ID:	422431  
Old 05-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
Long and short. DX8 should be here Thr. ( no tracking number yet) and the DX6i is getting fixed and made into a Sim/micro heli Tx. The old board/ring is donating itself to science.
Rich, I did the same thing with my DX6i. I got tired of fixing it and no longer trusted it. I use it on my SIM and my 5 year old uses it to fly his MCX. I have a first generation DX7, and when that thing starts giving me grief I'll be getting a DX8.

Stu
1157 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2013, 05:29 PM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1157 View Post
Rich, I did the same thing with my DX6i. I got tired of fixing it and no longer trusted it. I use it on my SIM and my 5 year old uses it to fly his MCX. I have a first generation DX7, and when that thing starts giving me grief I'll be getting a DX8.

Stu
I never had problem before the last week. Then the Nano had problems binding, mCPx lost bind in flight 5 times the same day as my landed 450X crash.

New roller/coder ring today and so far seams ok flying the mCPx in the house but I can never trust it again. So it will be a sim and my Nano and mCPx Tx for Mac.

450X, Nano and mCPx will be DX8 for me ONLY.

Nano and mCPx don't cost as much to rebuild if the Tx or Mac crashes them. lol
Old 05-22-2013, 08:29 PM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

I liked my DX6i also though switches kept snapping off it and it was kinda chunky to hold.

I didn't initially bond with my DX8 though it's a way better TX. I opened it up and used triflow on the bands (I loosened them nearly all off) and now find it really nice and smooth. I fly better with the DX8 I believe. I think you'll enjoy it after the DX6i.

I also use thumbs and find I have progressed just as well as any pinch flyer. I also hold kinda low when I use the sim. As long as you are comfortable there is no bad way to hold the sticks or TX IMHO.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:14 AM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: And it starts.

Nice you are going to really like that DX 8

This message was created using a mobile device all terms are subject to change.
Allen_H is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailureToFly View Post
I liked my DX6i also though switches kept snapping off it and it was kinda chunky to hold.

I didn't initially bond with my DX8 though it's a way better TX. I opened it up and used triflow on the bands (I loosened them nearly all off) and now find it really nice and smooth. I fly better with the DX8 I believe. I think you'll enjoy it after the DX6i.

I also use thumbs and find I have progressed just as well as any pinch flyer. I also hold kinda low when I use the sim. As long as you are comfortable there is no bad way to hold the sticks or TX IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen_H View Post
Nice you are going to really like that DX 8

This message was created using a mobile device all terms are subject to change.
Thanks guys. It was over all time to retire the 6i as a sim Tx. The gimbals no matter how much you clean them were getting that plastic sticky effect. So small detailed stick moves were becoming quick popping moves.

Guess I wore it out with all the Nano flights. lol This past winter I averaged 150 flights per month with it. Then I had my mCPx-v2 I also flew now and then.

Pre CP's I had that MSR and 120SR and every free moment I had one of the 2 in the air in my living room even the 120SR I was doing pyro's, Nose in or tail in FP style funnels/circles, in my 8 x 8 fly zone for for it.

So ya the 6i was used when I got it, then I did run it hard. lol
Old 05-23-2013, 11:30 AM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Finished lower 1/2 rebuild waiting for UPS for my dampers and DX8. Starting to scare myself. did a vib test (no grips or blades on just gears ) Out of the gate smooth as melted butter again. NO adjustments needed to gears.
NO shake, NO wable.

I love the way I do my mounting OWB hub.

All this is done with sharp metal bits (wood bits have a different cut angle) and by hand.

I use the 1/16th" drill bit to clean the holes. I keep it straight no side reaming.
Then the same side the hub mounts on, I use a 1/8th" bit and give the holes a counter sink about the same as hub has for the screws. I'm careful to give each one the same cutting turns and on inspection, the same bevel.

Hub sits flat as a pancake. Leads me to believe not doing it, the plastic raises up from the threading in and keeps the hub from seating. I know there is similar posts but the way I understand them, they all use the big bit on the opposite side.

Since I started doing it like I posted. First time every time smooth as heck, NO readjustments.

I'll take any free main gears anyone want to send me because they are out of balance. (not stripped)

NOT being a jurk, I just will. Hey free is free and if your going to throw them out, throw them my way.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rich, are you running the A3020s all the way around?
Rotarywing is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in