Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2013, 04:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade's new SAFE™ technology

Blade has what they are calling "SAFE™ technology" that they are using in the Nano QX. They went as far as trademarking it! Does this mean that we will likely see SAFE™ technology show up in heli's such as a future release of the 130x or mCP X BL?

In the Nano QX when activated it works similar to the Self Level feature of flybarless controllers such as the MSH Brain/Ikon or Helicomand HC3X by leveling the heli into a stable hover.

How awesome would it be if Blade added their SAFE™ technology into the micro heli's we fly today? I can tell you that if I had this feature on my 130x or any mCP X that I have ever owned, it would have saved me from breaking plenty of parts along with saving time and frustration.
I would be left with more flying time!

Who wants to see Blade's SAFE™ technology show up in other Blade micros?
Advertisement

Old 06-07-2013, 04:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Blade's new SAFE™ technology

I think they put it in so complete noobs are not put off by crashing lots, however the mcpx and certainly the 130x aren't targeted at new people.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
NerpGuyLTD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Old 06-07-2013, 05:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

They can't make them un-crashable... That would mean we aren't buying any more replacement parts.

Saje Marvin - Citizen 125
Raz0rSh4rp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2013, 04:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

bad vibration + accellerometers = crash

and then -$$$

this is even better for them, full speed uncontrolled dives into the ground usually trash every thing
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2013, 12:16 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You guys are just too much. I hope no Blade reps were injured in the making of your posts.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2013, 07:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm looking for them to release a nano BL with Safe technology. I'd definitely have one! Regardless of what they do, people will still find ways to crash. My biggest problem with micros is when I lose sight of them against a bad backdrop. This would fix that problem for me.

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2013, 08:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm really really not sure. I mean, they could already have added a goveror feature and gyro gain adjustment on their micros. But they don't...

As the OTP I hope they do incorporate it, I'm a fan of self level or bailout!

But my gut feeling says it'll only be on lame quads etc...
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't want it. If I wanted a self-leveling helicopter, I'd fly my son's MCX2. While it is likely a great idea for a quad or even the new trainer plane, it seems like a step backwards for integration with CP helis. Now that doesn't mean that it wouldn't have saved me burying my 130x into the ground a couple of times with too much negative collective...oh wait...safe wouldn't have worked there either.
Old 06-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Would be nice though if the Beastx had a bailout feature. I'm saving up for an Ikon at the moment to try out on my 300x solely for that reason, and the fact that it's more vibration resistant
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2013, 02:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Blade's new SAFE™ technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
Would be nice though if the Beastx had a bailout feature. I'm saving up for an Ikon at the moment to try out on my 300x solely for that reason, and the fact that it's more vibration resistant
I'm willing to bet the next beastx has it. Have to keep up with the competition.

I think what a lot of people don't get is the idea of self level in the situation i am referring. The idea is not to turn it on and fly around not being able to flip or roll. The idea is to get a "bailout" function that helps you bring the heli into a stable hover at the push of a button. Yes, it still won't help you if you drive it into the ground, but could help for orientation mishaps.

For the record when i first heard of these self level technologies i was strongly against it because i want to have the skill to prevent accidents, however after owning an Ikon i now see it is super handy
Old 06-18-2013, 03:50 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
If flies a bit better. See it as a bonus if you get SL to work on the 300. Take her way up high before you flick that switch!

Vertico, you can mix in pos pitch with the SL on the TX = Demon'ish...
Old 06-18-2013, 03:51 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wonder if the safe technology can prevent a 130x from crashing once a servo fails in mid flight?
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Blade's new SAFE™ technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawhacker View Post
You guys are just too much. I hope no Blade reps were injured in the making of your posts.
I know right? LOL The trademark symbols made me think..
jolyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-18-2013, 04:10 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is going to be good if Blades past R&D and rushing to put helis out is any indicator!
Old 06-18-2013, 09:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
I'm willing to bet the next beastx has it. Have to keep up with the competition.

I think what a lot of people don't get is the idea of self level in the situation i am referring. The idea is not to turn it on and fly around not being able to flip or roll. The idea is to get a "bailout" function that helps you bring the heli into a stable hover at the push of a button. Yes, it still won't help you if you drive it into the ground, but could help for orientation mishaps.

For the record when i first heard of these self level technologies i was strongly against it because i want to have the skill to prevent accidents, however after owning an Ikon i now see it is super handy
Ah I gotcha! Something like push the trainer switch if you lose orientation, not an "on all the time" feature. I misunderstood.
Old 06-19-2013, 03:17 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaulrob View Post
Ah I gotcha! Something like push the trainer switch if you lose orientation, not an "on all the time" feature. I misunderstood.
Actually most of FBL controllers with features like this can do both:

-be a "captain rescue" / bailout (in stead of throttle hold when you loose it)
-selv level, with varying degrees of "help" (for newbies and for learning new stuff)

A good self level can also be used for only take-off an landing, for instance in gusting wind conditons.

It's all good! And it's up to you if you want to use it. And to what extend you want to use.

This is the future for sure!
Old 06-19-2013, 08:49 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just saw some videos of both the IKON self level as well as their programming/setup interface. I *really* like this controller. Don't get me wrong, the BeastX is a great FBL unit, but this one really seems to have a few more features that are nice to have for a few more $ over the BeastX. Thanks all for opening my eyes to some new cool stuff!
Old 06-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaulrob View Post
I just saw some videos of both the IKON self level as well as their programming/setup interface. I *really* like this controller. Don't get me wrong, the BeastX is a great FBL unit, but this one really seems to have a few more features that are nice to have for a few more $ over the BeastX. Thanks all for opening my eyes to some new cool stuff!
I bought an iKON for my 450 a couple months ago. I liked it so much that I bought another one for my 500 and sold my other controllers. Great controller, easy to set-up. They now have an app for a Android based phone/tablets and Bluetooth connectivity for it.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCcraig View Post
I bought an iKON for my 450 a couple months ago. I liked it so much that I bought another one for my 500 and sold my other controllers. Great controller, easy to set-up. They now have an app for a Android based phone/tablets and Bluetooth connectivity for it.
NO WAY! That's awesome! I wonder if they have iPhone/iPad apps. These things are sounding better and better every day!

Have you tried the self leveling/bailout function? I saw it on YouTube and it looks like it spins it upright very quickly and as long as you have the altitude, you can sling it around and bailout if needed.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in