Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Robird G31

Robird G31 RobirdUSA Factory Support Forum

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #781 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Re: Robird G31 rollup

Gain will certainly effect it. On a small heli they will still drift, nature of the beast..small disk. If it will fly without cyclic wobble at 100% then leave it. The biggest player is servo's, some will take a lot of gain..others not so much. Ball distance on the servo arms will factor in as well.

sent from my phone using circus midgets
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #782 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by achronox View Post
I've just set up the Robird G31 on my HK 450 Pro and it flies pretty well, but the gains do not seem to do much.

The heli seems to fly the same whether I have the gains set to +100 or -100.

I use remote gains from the Tx and adjust Aileron and Elevator to the same value. I think the remote gains are working because I can see the 'gain' channels bars moving in the Setup Screen of the PC application SW.

I would expect the heli to wander around more at low gains, and be pretty 'tight' at high gains. It seems to feel about the same as my flybar version of the same heli. I was hoping it would 'wander' less with the Robird.

Is this normal or do I have a defective unit?

I have HK MD922 digital servos on Cyclic running at 333Hz. They are pretty fast (0.09sec for 60deg).

The rates & agility are set to the "sport' button values (rate = 24, Agility = 1500).
Did some more experimenting today... I set the rate/agility to "3D" (24/1700) and WOW what a difference!!! Felt way more solid and, of course, responsive!

I then cranked up the rate to max (27) and agility to 1900 and it was even better.

I'm quite happy with the performance now. I still don't see much difference when I change the gain from min to max, but max is better.

Andrew
achronox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2013, 04:05 AM   #783 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Cyclic compensation not working at all

HI all, I appreciate if somebody can help me here. I'm quite desperated with the Robird because I'm unable to get the cyclic compensation working (nothing happens when I turn the helicopter), as if aileron and elevator gains were 0. However I can move all servos with sticks, and tail compensation is working fine (using a Futaba 7c and PWM receiver). I've gone through all the setup tabs and all parameters seem to be right.

I know that gains shall be adjusted with pots for PWM receivers. However turning pots from end to end does not change anything, there is absolutely no cyclic response to attitude changes. Has anybody had such a problem?

Cheers and thanks in advance!
lunak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2013, 07:55 AM   #784 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for the cross-posting, I moved this post to the Robird G31 forum but cannot delete this one.
Old 11-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #785 (permalink)
Registered Users

So your saying when you plug in your flight pack and it initializes...when you tilt the heli the swash doesn't move at all?
You do have the proper mounting orientation selected, correct?

Old 11-23-2013, 10:50 AM   #786 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, gyro initializes with typical servo movements, and blue led becomes steady. Then, tail gyro responds fine to yaw turns, but cyclic don't, it's dead. Since cyclic responds fine to stick inputs I guess that ail/elev gains are zero... Mounting is top wire-ahead, as configured.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #787 (permalink)
Registered Users

Turn both pots on top of the unit all the way up and see if it responds. Granted they wont move super fast or a lot..but they should move.
Old 11-26-2013, 03:08 AM   #788 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make sure it's not somehow receiving channels 7 and 8 from the reciever. The values on those channels will override the pots. If you reverse ch7 and ch8 in the setup and suddenly it's acting like it has maximum elevator and aileron gain it means it's receiving those channels from the receiver and you'll need to figure a way to suppress them.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2013, 12:45 PM   #789 (permalink)
Registered Users

The receiver is a 7-channel Futaba R617FS (pwm) and ch7 is attached to the battery, so no signal should be received on ch7, ch8. In fact I think these channels can be only sent to the Robird by using S-BUS or satellites.
Old 11-26-2013, 02:27 PM   #790 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Still having tail hold problems preventing any flights. I got a question about the RudGain channel in the 0 Receiver page in the Robird Setup Guide. Which direction should be used? Should the adjustable side be AVCS or Rate? No mention of this detail on the manual. I am thinking this could possibly the source of my problems. Had normal direction set and was getting the adjustable side on the Rate with negative numbers. Clicked the Rev tab and now positive numbers on the AVCS side.Is this the correct setup?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	147.0 KB
ID:	467900  
Old 11-26-2013, 03:36 PM   #791 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yessir, that should fix it.
With it reversed to rate side the higher you went with your tx gain, the worse it blew out I imagine.

That should fix your issue.

Old 01-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #792 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello everyone,

1st of all, I have a tarot 450 pro FLB with a Robird. I'm a portuguese beginner with just 6 month of "experience".

" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>

This couple last days I read all of the 40 pages trying to collect information about fine tuning, in other words, understand the performance tab

Now I'm working on adjust the several gains and, as soon as the weather allow, I will post a new video and share my adjustments.

I just want to leave a thought: I'm running a 3S config with 3600KV motor and a 11 teeth pinion. It seems to generate not enough rotation and I had problems with tail wag.

This week I will install a 12 pinion and work on the settings and gains.

I will like to congratulate all of you that contribute to create a great "practice manual" for Robird FBL unit. Thank you all.
Psymovie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2014, 12:45 PM   #793 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I had my G31 on a Blade 450 3D, which I thoroughly smashed into little pieces. I was doing a rainbow from inverted to upright, and as I came upright I guess I brain farted and just held full negative collective. Talk about being re-kitted!

Move forward a bit and my wife gave me a Blade 500 3D as a present, well what better place to put the G31? Flying great so far, just needs a little more tweaking.

I've built a 450L Dominator, and the 3GX is such a pain in the ass. Still chasing a tail swing around that's driving me nuts. I keep looking at the $75 G31 (was $90 when I bought my first one, when does good stuff ever get cheaper?), and thinking man, I know I could have it flying great in like an hour max.
Chem Geek is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2014, 11:35 PM   #794 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd go for it Chem , i hear the 3gx on 4.0 is alot better but all the storys i heard about it made me not even power the one that come with my 700 kit and sell it on ebay and got a g31
Raptor 50 Flybar - os50 sx-h
rotceh_dnih is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2014, 10:28 AM   #795 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default My G31 is on the way...

but where do I download the setup software? I only see the manual pdf under downloads on the robirdusa site.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #796 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzjohn View Post
but where do I download the setup software? I only see the manual pdf under downloads on the robirdusa site.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.robird.net/g31/
PhantomGT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 02:24 AM   #797 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default robird satellite

I read some informations from you guys about how to bind the satellite,with robird you must bind the satellite on full size rx first right?
I only want to use one satellite ,but then the srx2 rudder port that is for tail servo will not work without input voltage,what do you guys do in this case you use a cable to bridge from srx1 to srx2?
like the video with two satellites, but you don't install the second satellite or something else?
thomasprevere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 07:16 AM   #798 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasprevere View Post
I read some informations from you guys about how to bind the satellite,with robird you must bind the satellite on full size rx first right?
I only want to use one satellite ,but then the srx2 rudder port that is for tail servo will not work without input voltage,what do you guys do in this case you use a cable to bridge from srx1 to srx2?
like the video with two satellites, but you don't install the second satellite or something else?
You use the jumper to run power from srx1 to srx2. The other option that I prefer is the power bus mod laid out here.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=477043

This cleans up and eliminates wiring.
kpod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 10:13 AM   #799 (permalink)
Registered Users

Or use a separate ubec to power tail and ESC to feed heli cyclical so you can run different volts.
blade_crasher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2014, 02:41 PM   #800 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, thank you guys !!
thomasprevere is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in