Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 350QX

350QX Blade 350QX Multirotor Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Gimbal Tilt: Check!!

It is possible after all....

Blade 350 QX Gimbal Tilt (4 min 17 sec)
IEATSRT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2013, 04:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

yesssssss!
Brandon, you did it! You won a free subscription to James' YT channel - congrats!

and the next video on here will show James eating his hat.
Old 12-07-2013, 04:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great that someone has solved this - taken 3 months !! So do we think its only AR7000 that will work, or ???

Eating hats is so old hat, I crashed my QX instead, luckily only a broken prop, serves me right for trying to fly before its light !

[ame]http://youtu.be/GHV5GZfI4nY[/ame]
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 06:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Awesome job IEATSRT!! Seriously, thank you very much for all the work you've contributed to the 350QX community.
Aerial pics at http://foosyou.imgur.com
FoosYou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks FoosYou. Fellas, the only way I could get this to work was to change radio to DSM2 and bind the ar7000. I was initially trying with an ar7600. The only thing that got me on to resolution was that the radio talks and told me 1024 for quad and 2048 for 7600. I guess at time of binding the receiver actually tells transmitter what resolution to use. So in trying to bind 350 and other receiver if two different resolutions are told it only listens to the last one. So did a bit of research found out my AR7000 was also 1024 and the rest is history. I presume it will work with any other 7 or 8 channel receiver that is 1024.

Just bugging you james, at least it can be done. Not sure if they even make the AR7000 but there should be something else that will work.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:15 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good to hear just a prop James!
Old 12-07-2013, 11:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Familyman67 View Post
yesssssss!
Brandon, you did it! You won a free subscription to James' YT channel - congrats!

and the next video on here will show James eating his hat.
Bahaha, that's funny! Thanks for the links you sent via email, will for sure check that out. Appreciated!!
Old 12-07-2013, 11:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by IEATSRT View Post
Thanks FoosYou. Fellas, the only way I could get this to work was to change radio to DSM2 and bind the ar7000. I was initially trying with an ar7600. The only thing that got me on to resolution was that the radio talks and told me 1024 for quad and 2048 for 7600.
Sorry I am slow on the uptake THIS IS THE ANSWER !

Resolution never occured to me as the variable here, I knew you could only select DSM2/X or 11ms/22ms frame rate, but of course, some receivers are 1024 and some are 2048 and you cannot select this on Tx, so you need both to match !

This is why you can bind the AR7000 or AR500 (both I think now obselete) or two 350QX together, but I couldn't with either the OrangeRx DSM2 or AR8000 as both are 2048 resolution!!

I was about to spend another hour this evening trying again in case I'd missed something, so at least now everyone can select a receiver to work, they just need to find/select one of the 1024 receivers, I am guessing they are all older models, but should be available on ebay etc.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb72 View Post
Sorry I am slow on the uptake THIS IS THE ANSWER !

Resolution never occured to me as the variable here, I knew you could only select DSM2/X or 11ms/22ms frame rate, but of course, some receivers are 1024 and some are 2048 and you cannot select this on Tx, so you need both to match !

This is why you can bind the AR7000 or AR500 (both I think now obselete) or two 350QX together, but I couldn't with either the OrangeRx DSM2 or AR8000 as both are 2048 resolution!!

I was about to spend another hour this evening trying again in case I'd missed something, so at least now everyone can select a receiver to work, they just need to find/select one of the 1024 receivers, I am guessing they are all older models, but should be available on ebay etc.
Bingo!! Sorry James I thought I made this clear earlier, yes it has to be 1024. Hurry up, look for used ones find one quick I'm sure they will be gone soon. Now, the question is when blade finally releases a gui and firmware updates will we be able to change 350 to 2048 to use with current 7 or 8 channel receivers, time will tell. So I ordered the 7 channel orange a couple weeks ago, I presume it is 2048 also then. That's too bad, I looked on hobbyking website but couldn't find any info on resolution.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It is possible after all....

Blade 350 QX Gimbal Tilt - YouTube

With that 7 channel you should be able to have pan and tilt if you want it
indoorheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
Was it an issue with your gimbal not letting you have control of tilt with an aux channel?

With that 7 channel you should be able to have pan and tilt
Motor settings were too week and imu cable not enough slack. If I tried to go too far it would jitter but few changes in gui and re positioned imu wire and all good. I'm sorry but there is now way to get pan with this gimbal. For that I just use my left thumb left, lol
Old 12-07-2013, 12:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Bingo!! Sorry James I thought I made this clear earlier, yes it has to be 1024. .
Isnt a ar7200bx 2048?
Old 12-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Isnt a ar7200bx 2048?
If so wouldn't work, needs to be 1024
Old 12-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm sorry but there is now way to get pan with this gimbal. For that I just use my left thumb left, lol
Why not, is it an issue with the gimbal controller or motor?
Old 12-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Bingo!! Sorry James I thought I made this clear earlier, yes it has to be 1024. Hurry up, look for used ones find one quick I'm sure they will be gone soon. Now, the question is when blade finally releases a gui and firmware updates will we be able to change 350 to 2048 to use with current 7 or 8 channel receivers
My understanding is all the new Spektrum/Orange models are 2048, but must all drop back to 1024 as the older Tx's are 1024 only (DX5/DX6i/DX7) - all the recent Tx's are 2048 resolution (DX7SE/DX8/DX9/DX18 etc) I guess there was no need to allow you to select 1024 on the radio, as it would automatically fall back if the receiver couldn't manage 1024, and this scenario never would have been predicted planned for.

I'm sure DX8/DX9/DX18 could select 1024 resolution in a firmware update as an additional option in frame rate menu, but suspect there isn't enough of a need (other than this gimbal tilt issue with 3rd party gimbal which Horizon are unlikely to want to encourage).

Of the current model receivers, most are 2048, AR7010 and AR7110 both don't mention 2048 on spektrum website, so I am guessing they may be 1024, of the DSM2 receivers most of them are 1024 I think, so anyone with older 7/8 channel receivers may be OK.

My understanding is the horizon gimbal (if it ever gets released), will stabilise only, as there is no spare channel on the board, but if there is, it would be fine with 7+ channel tx's as they will all fall back to 1024 if thats all the receiver can manage.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
If so wouldn't work, needs to be 1024
Hmmn, not a 100% but I thought it was 2048, maybe not.

But I had two working servos with it on aux 1 and 2 a while back, while being able to control the 350

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=11
Old 12-07-2013, 12:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Why not, is it an issue with the gimbal controller or motor?
Cause it is a 2 axis gimbal. Pan, as my understanding is left to right or right to left movement. When you sit in a hover and hold rudder left to rotate in circle you are panning. You cannot do this with these 2 axis gimbals you would need another motor to control this, so a 3 axis gimbal would be the only way.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:30 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Hmmn, not a 100% but I thought it was 2048, maybe not.

But I had two working servos with it on aux 1 and 2 a while back, while being able to control the 350

https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=11
I got servos to "work", to some degree by using ar7610 (2048) but control was sporadic and intermittent, something just wasn't right. Needs to be 1024 receiver, all there is to it.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb72 View Post
Of the current model receivers, most are 2048, AR7010 and AR7110 both don't mention 2048 on spektrum website, so I am guessing they may be 1024, of the DSM2 receivers most of them are 1024 I think, so anyone with older 7/8 channel receivers may be OK.

My understanding is the horizon gimbal (if it ever gets released), will stabilise only, as there is no spare channel on the board, but if there is, it would be fine with 7+ channel tx's as they will all fall back to 1024 if thats all the receiver can manage.
Would be good to try find that out from spectrum if the 7010 and 7110 are in fact 1024. Yes I too believe it will be a stabilized gimbal also, even before the 350 was released on a question and answer period I asked Blade about the gimbal and they said that it would likely only be stabilized.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Gimbal Tilt: Check!!

Quote:
Cause it is a 2 axis gimbal. Pan, as my understanding is left to right or right to left movement. When you sit in a hover and hold rudder left to rotate in circle you are panning. You cannot do this with these 2 axis gimbals you would need another motor to control this, so a 3 axis gimbal would be the only way.
Ah that makes sense.. funny...actually..maybe sad... That was the first mistake I made when I quickly made a stabilization servo gimball setup for the board gyros...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in