Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos

MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2014, 08:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default Which spindle is right for FBL?

The kit has two spindles included, one 52.67mm, and one 51.63 mm. Which one is the correct one to use with the low profile flybarless head?

Thanks,
Rick
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2014, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The long one. Use the wide spacers between the grips and the rotor head with it.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 09:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code3Medic View Post
The long one. Use the wide spacers between the grips and the rotor head with it.
OK, thanks. Thanks. I took a chance and did exactly that. The strange part is that both grips seem a bit notchy unless I pull out on them when I turn them. Is that typical?

Rick
Old 02-09-2014, 09:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make double sure you have all the thrust bearing parts installed properly.

Personally I have flown often with somewhat notchy grips (easily move with one finger of pressure in the grip arm), but it should be pretty smooth when it is a fresh build.

The way I see it, it is a dynamic system with a lot of outward pressure. Also consider how hard the servos have to work to maintain AoA of the blades compared to some light notchyness in the grips.

Disclaimer: I am not a perfectionist.
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 10:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code3Medic View Post
Make double sure you have all the thrust bearing parts installed properly.

Personally I have flown often with somewhat notchy grips (easily move with one finger of pressure in the grip arm), but it should be pretty smooth when it is a fresh build.

The way I see it, it is a dynamic system with a lot of outward pressure. Also consider how hard the servos have to work to maintain AoA of the blades compared to some light notchyness in the grips.

Disclaimer: I am not a perfectionist.
Thanks. When I built my Rush 750, the grips were quite tight until after I had spun it up once. I thought maybe these were similar. I managed to get the grips upside down while watching Paul and Ringo play so I get to pull them apart anyhow. I did the first side right but must have flipped it prior to installing the second one. I hate when I do that.

Rick
Old 02-10-2014, 02:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, from memory that's normal - when you pull on the grips and turn them they smooth.
Old 02-10-2014, 02:37 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
OK, thanks. Thanks. I took a chance and did exactly that. The strange part is that both grips seem a bit notchy unless I pull out on them when I turn them. Is that typical?

Rick
Well if when you pull out on them slightly they turn smoothly then it won't be a problem in flight with the amount of centrifugal force

My blade grips have always been somewhat notchy on the bench, never noticed anything wrong in flight though.
Aryemis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 03:19 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep, it's normal, grips get notchy once you tighten the spindle bolts. I was able to get them smooth by only snug tightening the spindle bolts and leaving blue loctite do its work. You have to precisely measure the length of spindle shaft on each end, then carefully tighten both sides so that you get equal length of thread in.
Packing thrust bearings with a lot of quality grease helps too. I use the Hudy red performance grease for this -> http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/prod...ducts_id=18374

It's a different story with the new version of Lynx dampers. Head is super tight when you assemble it and bearings are notchy whatever you do... It makes the Mini razor blade sharp once in the air so I don't care anymore
RCHN#233 | Lynx Heli Innovations Team
Goblin 700
Carbon |
Protos Max | Goblin 570
baui2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2014, 06:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

OK, thanks. I won't fight it then. I'll just flip my grips and call it a day. I'm pretty happy with the simplicity of the head/main shaft/main gear design. I'm glad I went with the low profile hub with the wash out arms connected directly to it.

Rick
Old 02-10-2014, 09:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by baui2000 View Post
Yep, it's normal, grips get notchy once you tighten the spindle bolts. I was able to get them smooth by only snug tightening the spindle bolts and leaving blue loctite do its work. You have to precisely measure the length of spindle shaft on each end, then carefully tighten both sides so that you get equal length of thread in.
Packing thrust bearings with a lot of quality grease helps too. I use the Hudy red performance grease for this -> http://www.fast-lad.co.uk/store/prod...ducts_id=18374

It's a different story with the new version of Lynx dampers. Head is super tight when you assemble it and bearings are notchy whatever you do... It makes the Mini razor blade sharp once in the air so I don't care anymore
+ 1
Shtumpa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2014, 08:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think I have assembled and reassembled the head about 10 times. Only once was it not notchy. I always have one smooth and one notchy.

Mini Prtos 6S Stretch - DS95/DS95i, Mini V-Bar, YGE60 VBAR Ready
CrashAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in