Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > MSH Protos > MSH Mini Protos


MSH Mini Protos MSH Mini Protos Helicopter Support Forum


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 08:09 AM   #21 (permalink)
HF Support
 
Posts: 29,512
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: May 2006
Default

I got to slip out and get this thing in the air for a couple packs on the warm day. I have to say, it is really nice. The larger disk makes it fly bigger than my TREX 450 SE. Everything was smooth and its incredibly quiet. Still getting used to that.

I used my flap levers mixed in to adjust the tail gain and head gain. I was able to get my tail gain to about 85 with no wag. I set it to 70 for now.

As far as head gain goes, I was able to run it the whole way up without seeing any symptoms. What should I expect?

Also, still having problems with the canopy. May try some different grommets or something there.

Overall, I love the heli so far. I see why you guys have been raving about it.

Rick
__________________
Helifreak, the place to be!
Oxy5 w/Brain2, Rush 750 w/VBAR,Logo 400SE, 600SE w/NEOs, TREX 450SE, 500, 600, Blade mCPX,130X, 180CFX, Nano QX, Convergence VTOL, MiniProtos w/BD3SX
My products, used by top pilots worldwide, like you! http://rdlohr.com
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,195
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Default

I've found that instead of trying to force the canopy off, just slowly edging it off side by side works pretty well.

I redid my wiring a bit when I changed the motor. I figured since the motor wires were shorter on the new motor I wouldn't be able to tuck them down under the ESC, and it was such a pain to get them there I decided to do it the other way round.
As an extra I'm now able to disconnect the motor easily
I also put tape to hold the connectors instead of zip ties as it was starting to cut in the servo wires.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140314_232903.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	116.0 KB
ID:	494525   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140314_233043.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	494526   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140314_233136.jpg
Views:	296
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	494527  
__________________
"Beater" Mini Prôtos stretch 6S : Scorpion 2520-1360kv, Edge 353SE
"Princess" Goblin 570 stretch 12S : Xnova 4025-560kv, Cyclone 615
FrSky Taranis - Heli-X 5 - MKS, YGE, SK540 - Yamaha XJ6F
Aryemis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #23 (permalink)
HF Support
 
Posts: 29,512
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aryemis View Post
I've found that instead of trying to force the canopy off, just slowly edging it off side by side works pretty well.

I redid my wiring a bit when I changed the motor. I figured since the motor wires were shorter on the new motor I wouldn't be able to tuck them down under the ESC, and it was such a pain to get them there I decided to do it the other way round.
As an extra I'm now able to disconnect the motor easily
I also put tape to hold the connectors instead of zip ties as it was starting to cut in the servo wires.
Cool. Its nice to do that solid disconnect. I'm thinking I will rig up a battery to just plug into the controller rather than fire up the ESC when I am working on it.

Rick
__________________
Helifreak, the place to be!
Oxy5 w/Brain2, Rush 750 w/VBAR,Logo 400SE, 600SE w/NEOs, TREX 450SE, 500, 600, Blade mCPX,130X, 180CFX, Nano QX, Convergence VTOL, MiniProtos w/BD3SX
My products, used by top pilots worldwide, like you! http://rdlohr.com
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-15-2014, 03:41 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,585
 

Join Date: Aug 2011
Default

Congrats Rick, sounds like you like it!

Re head gain: I also run relatively high gain to get the heli to feel "locked in" as far as possible. When itīs too high I get a wobble during tic tocs (cyclic direction change feels delayed) and overall the cyclic feels weird. Hard to describe, it felt over-precise.

Mind you, this was with the Microbeast, with the VBar my gain is nearly at max, no wobbles.

One if not the only downside of the noise (are lack of): Itīs easy to forget that the heli will still hurt you. Be safe!

Dr
__________________
2x MCPX I Gaui ŧX1Ŧ I 2x Mini Protos I Protos I DX8
dr dremel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 02:27 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 940
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default

Nice, I'm glad you like your new machine!

You can check for too high of a gain as dr dremel describes, but BD setup is a bit different than other FBLs.

There's a limit when gain increase doesn't do any good and only heats up your servos. You can check for this by flying forward real fast and pitch pump. Increase your gain until you can't see a change in dolphin movement of the heli. Then it's just a matter of setting up your attitude hold range (too little - heli feels mushy on the sticks; too much - you will fight the FBL) and aileron gain on the rigid tab of the BD software. If it still wobbles in tic tocs, do tail down and side on tic tocs and set up your elevator and aileron gains respectively.
Look into stickies in the BD forum. You will find a good starting setup for 450 there if you already haven't
__________________
Tom
RCHN#233 | Lynx Heli Innovations Team
Goblin 700
Carbon |
Protos Max | Goblin 570
baui2000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 05:32 AM   #26 (permalink)
HF Support
 
Posts: 29,512
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: May 2006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr dremel View Post
Congrats Rick, sounds like you like it!

Re head gain: I also run relatively high gain to get the heli to feel "locked in" as far as possible. When itīs too high I get a wobble during tic tocs (cyclic direction change feels delayed) and overall the cyclic feels weird. Hard to describe, it felt over-precise.

Mind you, this was with the Microbeast, with the VBar my gain is nearly at max, no wobbles.

One if not the only downside of the noise (are lack of): Itīs easy to forget that the heli will still hurt you. Be safe!

Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by baui2000 View Post
Nice, I'm glad you like your new machine!

You can check for too high of a gain as dr dremel describes, but BD setup is a bit different than other FBLs.

There's a limit when gain increase doesn't do any good and only heats up your servos. You can check for this by flying forward real fast and pitch pump. Increase your gain until you can't see a change in dolphin movement of the heli. Then it's just a matter of setting up your attitude hold range (too little - heli feels mushy on the sticks; too much - you will fight the FBL) and aileron gain on the rigid tab of the BD software. If it still wobbles in tic tocs, do tail down and side on tic tocs and set up your elevator and aileron gains respectively.
Look into stickies in the BD forum. You will find a good starting setup for 450 there if you already haven't
Thanks much. If this weather ever breaks, I'll dial it in.
Rick
__________________
Helifreak, the place to be!
Oxy5 w/Brain2, Rush 750 w/VBAR,Logo 400SE, 600SE w/NEOs, TREX 450SE, 500, 600, Blade mCPX,130X, 180CFX, Nano QX, Convergence VTOL, MiniProtos w/BD3SX
My products, used by top pilots worldwide, like you! http://rdlohr.com
rdlohr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1