Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2014, 09:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool 1st auto attempt, new parts on the way :)

Got bored on my last battery of the day, tried an auto. Went positive too early, came down hard and fell over. Got lucky and only needed a spindle shaft. Didn't even strip a servo... amazing

How many others replaced parts their 1st high altitude attempt?

MSRx, Nano CP x, 180cfx, 300x, 450x, 550x
caseyj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2014, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 1st auto attempt, new parts on the way :)

I've been too chicken $#!7...highest attempts have only been eye level. And I still manage to somehow screw it up, tail keeps spinning around on me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Baedarlboo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baedarlboo View Post
I've been too chicken $#!7...highest attempts have only been eye level. And I still manage to somehow screw it up, tail keeps spinning around on me.

Try running your tail gyro setting lower in Throttle Hold, I like to match my highest flightmode. In other words, the same as your "lowest" gyro setting, which should be on the mode with the highest headspeed.

Also, doing a rate mode hover setup can help with this. If your tail is not mechanically set up properly, you can get tail drift when you hit TH.
Old 07-13-2014, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 1st auto attempt, new parts on the way :)

Yeah that's part of the problem, I've been busy just trying to get flying time in that I haven't really had the chance to dial things in. Currently my IU 1 and IU 2 use the same gyro %. I really need to force myself to start dialing things in and not just fly for the sake of flying.
Also doesn't help that the 550x begs to be taken up every time the 450x goes up... Lol

Old 07-15-2014, 03:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I do nothing but autos right now...

Do Diabol's tail frewheeling mod, it gives you a lot more flare time.

I also put on training gear so that it won't tip over once down, really works well.

With these two "tricks" - just go high and go for it! Again and again...
Radio: Spektrum DX8 Gen 1
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2014, 09:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
HF Support

It helps if you have a flight controller or ESC governor where you can enable autorotation bailout. Then you can practice dropping down, building up head speed and getting the flare down without actually having to land it since you can spool right back up and fly out of it. Once you've practiced that a gazillion times you'll have the muscle memory built up to bring it all the way down and land with confidence. An advanced feature of some of these systems (VBar, Ikon, etc) is a setup called "idle on bailout." So during and auto attempt it doesn't fully stop the motor, it just brings it down to a very low idle (a couple hundred RPM) so you can spool back up quickly with less stress on the system. It's a good way to practice autos with less risk.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2014, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been using my RF7 to practice auto...I still need to work on ironing out my setup completely before I start practicing new things on it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in