Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > KDS Multirotor Support > Spyder Multirotor Support

Spyder Multirotor Support Spyder Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 03:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default SH Spyder 700 4S Setup (X4 Configuration)

Hello Folks

Just purchased a spyder 700 kit and need some help with motor and prop selection.

I plan on using the T-Motor MS2814-11 710KV motors. What would a good size for props for long flight times. I wont be doing any FPV.

I have 3x 4500 lipos and 3x 5000.
canadien007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

no one?
Old 07-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

wow nobody wants to help?
Old 07-13-2014, 01:04 PM   #4 (permalink)

It's not that no one wants to help, no one's here. If the weather's nice they're out flying.
You might read the Spyder 700 build thread and post in there.
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't know that I would recommend that motor as the best for the Sky Hero 700. Here is a link to the most information that I have found http://www.heliproshop.com/t-motor-m...tor-710kv.html my concern is the thrust to weight ratio and the fact that at best you are using a 13.4 prop and the optimum is more like a 10x3 or 11x3 for max efficiency.

While FPV really isn't much of a factor in motor selection - how much weight you wish to carry/lift or your AP objectives are important.

Are you looking to do AP?

T-Motor MS2814 770KV: why not these?
Almondsaz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2014, 01:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
It's not that no one wants to help, no one's here. If the weather's nice they're out flying.
You might read the Spyder 700 build thread and post in there.
will check it out

thanks
Old 07-14-2014, 01:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almondsaz View Post
I don't know that I would recommend that motor as the best for the Sky Hero 700. Here is a link to the most information that I have found http://www.heliproshop.com/t-motor-m...tor-710kv.html my concern is the thrust to weight ratio and the fact that at best you are using a 13.4 prop and the optimum is more like a 10x3 or 11x3 for max efficiency.

While FPV really isn't much of a factor in motor selection - how much weight you wish to carry/lift or your AP objectives are important.

Are you looking to do AP?

T-Motor MS2814 770KV: why not these?

I am not looking to do AP. As for the weight that I will be hauling, it'll just be the weight of the quad a lipo.
Old 07-16-2014, 08:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that you have a lot of options, I would just make sure I did the research to understand the benefits of the different motors. The ESCs are also worth taking a look into - do you want to program them or just looking for plug-n-play.

PM me if you need any help and I will certainly share what I know and have learned. I started out with the stock SH motors and then upgraded to the pancake mount and KDE motors and KDE ESCs and couldn't be happier. The stock motors were fine, I just now have more speed and lift with the KDE motors....truth be known, perhaps a little too much lift. KDE have excellent quality in the mfg and support.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:07 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almondsaz View Post
I think that you have a lot of options, I would just make sure I did the research to understand the benefits of the different motors. The ESCs are also worth taking a look into - do you want to program them or just looking for plug-n-play.

PM me if you need any help and I will certainly share what I know and have learned. I started out with the stock SH motors and then upgraded to the pancake mount and KDE motors and KDE ESCs and couldn't be happier. The stock motors were fine, I just now have more speed and lift with the KDE motors....truth be known, perhaps a little too much lift. KDE have excellent quality in the mfg and support.
I prefer to have PNP escs. My tinkering skills are close to none!

As for getting pancake motors, I dont see the need for those because I wont be lifting a camera or anything for that matter. Except for the weight of the quad itself of course. Hence, the reason of thinking about going with 700kv motor.

I believe for my needs the skyhero 40a escs are more than enough. As for the motors I like the Antigravity MT2814-11 770kv motors. I currently have the the 13x6.5 props from the SH SPyder combo. Would be me a good match for the Antigravity motors? By putting those on, would I risk heating up the motor?
Old 07-19-2014, 08:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think those props would be just fine, efficiency is greater with a 12" prop but those will work fine. Think you will be happier with the 770kv.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in