Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Moved post to other thread.

Last edited by 4_Props; 08-26-2014 at 09:32 PM..
4_Props is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-28-2014, 04:38 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Version 3.2 Available

Version 3.2 Available

This version is a minor update to fix a couple issues.

Updates

New Functionality
None

Fixes
1. Fixes an issue that cause some TLM files to fail to load.
2. Added some additional checking on TLM files to check for suspected corrupted files and add a message in the error log to indicate file is potentially corrupted.
3. Fixed some memory leaks introduced in previous version that can cause the app to run out of memory when viewing a large number of sessions with large data sets.
4. Amended background colour of graphs to make it easier to see legends.

Windows Version :-

http://boxhillheliclub.co.uk/wp-cont...etryReader.zip

MAC Version :-

http://boxhillheliclub.co.uk/wp-cont...eader.dmg_.zip

Kevin
Old 08-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks so much and I love this program.. however changing the customizations to the program and colors, etc, only to have them revert every time is a real let down.

I'm not complaining, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to code this neat little gem of a program, I just wish I could save my settings. Maybe I can do it and I just don't know how?

If the price is right, I'd have no problem purchasing the program if I could save my settings.
BWX_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-28-2014, 09:38 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its on the list of things to look at, but its not straight forward as all of the graphics toolbar functions are part of the third party graphics library and i have to find a way to recognise that the user has made changes and then save them.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:59 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh ok. Well thanks. And good luck trying to fix it.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:13 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Kevin !

I think there is a bug with JetCat. All numeric values are BCD, a guy in Germany told me he got strange readings (while on the radio's display the values were correct). Please have a look at my doc (from rcg):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1726960

Quote:
Address 0x15: JetCat. Useful, but no alarms, display only. ONLY AVAILABLE ON THE DX9, DX10t, DX18t, DX18 (QQ) !

15,00,status,throttle,PackVoltHi,PackVoltLo,PumpVo ltHi,PumpVoltLo,RPMLo,RPMMid,RPMHi,00,TempEGTLo,Te mpEGTHi,OffCondition,00
JetCat is a display only value especially for turbines, but has some interesting fields which can be used otherwise. You can display 2 voltages, throttle, RPM and 2 status messages. There are some differences to all other sensors, JetCat uses BCD values. Only 0-9, a-f is unused. Voltages range to 99.99V, RPM to 999999, throttle up to 159% (the upper nibble is 0-f, the lower nobble 0-9), a little bit strange. EGT temperature uses only the lower nibble of the MSB, so maximum displayable value is 999°.

Possible messages for status:
0x00:OFF
0x01:WAIT FOR RPM
0x02:IGNITE
0x03;ACCELERATE
0x04:STABILIZE
0x05:LEARN HIGH
0x06:LEARN LOW
0x07:undef
0x08:SLOW DOWN
0x09:MANUAL
0x0a,0x10:AUTO OFF
0x0b,0x11:RUN
0x0c,0x12:ACCELERATION DELAY
0x0d,0x13:SPEED REG
0x0e,0x14:TWO SHAFT REGULATE
0x0f,0x15RE HEAT
0x16RE HEAT 2
0x17:MAIN F START
0x18:not used
0x19:KERO FULL ON
0x1a:MAX STATE

Messages for Off Condition:
0x00:NA
0x01:OFF BY RC
0x02:OVER TEMPERATURE
0x03:IGNITION TIMEOUT
0x04:ACCELERATION TIMEOUT
0x05:ACCELERATION TOO SLOW
0x06:OVER RPM
0x07:LOW RPM OFF
0x08:LOW BATTERY
0x09:AUTO OFF
0x0a.0x10:LOW TEMP OFF
0x0b,0x11:HIGH TEMP OFF
0x0c,0x12:GLOW PLUG DEFECTIVE
0x0d,0x13:WATCH DOG TIMER
0x0e,0x14:FAIL SAFE OFF
0x0f,0x15:MANUAL OFF
0x16OWER BATT FAIL
0x17:TEMP SENSOR FAIL
0x18:FUEL FAIL
0x19ROP FAIL
0x1a:2nd ENGINE FAIL
0x1b:2nd ENGINE DIFFERENTIAL TOO HIGH
0x1c:2nd ENGINE NO COMMUNICATION
0x1d:MAX OFF CONDITION
best regards
Johannes
mukenukem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2014, 04:40 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukenukem View Post
Hi Kevin !

I think there is a bug with JetCat. All numeric values are BCD, a guy in Germany told me he got strange readings (while on the radio's display the values were correct). Please have a look at my doc (from rcg):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1726960

best regards
Johannes
Your original info is what the code is based on and with the current TLM files I have in hand it looks OK. But it wouldn't surprise me if there are some oddities in there, but without the suspect TLM and some indication of what the issue is, its going to be difficult to verify. I'll have a look though and see if there is anything obvious.
Old 09-08-2014, 08:21 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will try to get a TLM file with strange readings

Okay, got one. I was told you can see it especially with the throttle values. As far as I nkow the telemetry data is written raw directly to the card, so it sould be like "what you fill in on the TM1000 comes out at the card (maybe with a different header)...
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...8/ViperJet.TLM
mukenukem is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 11:31 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is this on a home built sensor as the data in the file looks horrible.

Here is an example of another Jetcat sensor interpreted by the app which looks fine.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jetcat.jpg
Views:	841
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	534806  
Old 10-01-2014, 04:26 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Does not seem to be working on Mac OSX Mavericks

Hi i tried running it on Mac OSX Mavericks and it just does not do anything it does not run at all. Any ideas?

I volunteer for testing if needed. (Dev background)
wedelthomas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2014, 05:06 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you download the right version and follow the instructions here:-
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...9&postcount=44
App requires Java 1.6 or later to be available.
Old 10-04-2014, 12:18 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

I,

I have change my Tm1000 antenna, erase the SDcard but :

What's my problem ?

godjc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2014, 03:33 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

For some reason you are getting consistent negative time stamps of -90 seconds all the way through the log, so you see a horizontal stripes when this happens as the trace goes from the last point with the correct time stamp back to -90 then back to the next point with the correct time stamp. Post the tlm file and I'll have a look at it, but it looks like corrupted data to me.
Old 10-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

I,

Many thanks for your help.

The file :

Jc
Attached Files
File Type: tlm 004~4 Heli.TLM (1.15 MB, 92 views)
Old 10-04-2014, 10:00 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had a look at your file and you are getting data recorded with zero timestamps at random points.

Why it shows up as a negative value in the app is related to the way the application works, as it takes the timestamp of the first telemetry entry recorded for the session and uses this as baseline and all subsequent times are relative to this, this baseline timestamp value will depend on how long the tx/rx has been switched on before telemetry recording starts, so when you then get a zero timestamp, it shows up as negative as its before the baseline value.
Old 10-04-2014, 10:56 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

i,

how to fix this problem ?

Jc
Old 10-04-2014, 11:54 AM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Its an issue with the data being generated and stored on the SD card. So first thought would be bad SD card other than that its radio / TM module issue.

I can add an extra check in the app that will remove zero time stamps in a future release, however this will just mask the issue.
Old 10-04-2014, 02:33 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

My other model works great with same TX & SD card.

Thanks
Old 10-15-2014, 03:40 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Version 4 available

Version 4.0 Available

This version is a major update to improve the graphing of data. The graphing code has had a complete overhaul so that any customizations made to Y axis properties such as colors names etc are now saved.
I've tested as much as i can with the files i have on hand, but odds are that there may be some anomalies, if you find any let me know.

Updates

New Functionality
1. Customizations to Y axis properties in graphs are now saved.
2. Changing the Y Axis selection filters on a graph no longer forces a complete graph redraw, so that all zooms etc are maintained.

Fixes
1. Fixes an issue where some selection filters could be missing in the custom graph.

Link removed as a bug has been found

Link removed as a bug has been found

For Mac install instruction see post #44

Kevin

Last edited by kevinww; 10-15-2014 at 05:25 AM..
kevinww is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2014, 04:06 AM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinww View Post
Version 4.0 Available

This version is a major update to improve the graphing of data. The graphing code has had a complete overhaul so that any customizations made to Y axis properties such as colors names etc are now saved.

Updates

New Functionality
1. Customizations to Y axis properties in graphs are now saved.
2. Changing the Y Axis selection filters on a graph no longer forces a complete graph redraw, so that all zooms etc are maintained.

Fixes
1. Fixes an issue where some selection filters could be missing in the custom graph.

http://boxhillheliclub.co.uk/wp-cont...etryReader.zip

http://boxhillheliclub.co.uk/wp-cont...eader.dmg_.zip

For Mac install instruction see post #44

Kevin
Thanks for update!

Just wanted to let you know one thing I found, as soon as you click a box to uncheck anything in the "custom" tab, the program crashes instantly.

Also I do see that settings are being saved to the "TelemetryAppPreference.cfg" file, but when I load the program back up, custom settings are not loaded.

For instance in the vario telemetry tab, I changed the altitude line to two pixels wide, but when I close program and start it back up, the custom setting is gone.

It is remembering imperial units though.

I also noticed when you hit "ok" button on configuration box (that changes above settings), the box does not close automatically like most programs, it acts the same as the "apply" button or does nothing.

I'll keep experimenting..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in