Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion > KDS Electronics

KDS Electronics KDS Electronics Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2014, 10:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default EBAR help - dev orientation

Finished the build on the Agile 5.5 super combo and I setup the ebar v2 - and I'm a noob on ebar. I setup the Device Orientation per the manual, but the swash plate tilt was reversed when I tested it. Every video I watch has the Dev Orientation different that the explanation under 5.2.1 - even though they all seem to be installed face up with servo wires pointing to the rear. Some Front, some rear, some rear-down, etc.

Is the Dev Orientation simply the way to align the sensors so you can get the correct counter tilt on the swash when moving the heli side-to-side, front-to-back? Kind of like setting up the Swashplate Sensor Directions on a beastx?
nflanagin is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014, 09:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I guess you just keep changing it until you get everything moving correctly. I'm mounted rear up, but used rear-down and maidian'ed the 5.5 a hour ago.

Way to nose heavy without the canopy and it drifted all over. But with the canopy it's close to getting the CG right. I'm running a herc super bec and not a receiver pack so I kind of expected that. Still need to figure out the tuning, but it's a sweet bird.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

can you post a picture of you set up? that way we can see how did you installed the fbl unit.

Note: you can play with reversing servos in the fbl controller and on the tx to obtain the correct movements on the swash.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Pretty Standard:
Castle HV 120 on top of forward plate, Herc super bec on back side and FBL on tray above battery.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140917_091223[1].jpg
Views:	176
Size:	125.2 KB
ID:	536512
Old 09-17-2014, 11:32 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Isn't there h3 or hr3 for swash type? Having the wrong one would cause this.
Old 09-17-2014, 02:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I watched Nelson;s video and he had the Agile set at HR-3 - rear facing 120 degree swash (elevator in back). I also used the servo layout from the diagram for servo 1,2,3. All the movements are correct.

If you look at other videos for the Innova with ebar, etc. they all seem to have different orientation settings, even though the swash is the same. I could have probably figured it out eventually by playing with servo reversing in ebar and transmitter and then with Collective Direction. But, I gave up once the counter tilt was correct and went flying.

So far, dialing in gains hasn't caused a problem with tuning. So, we'll see...

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in