Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Spreading Wings Multirotor Support

Spreading Wings Multirotor Support Spreading Wings Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2014, 04:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default S1000 w/ 2 10,000mAh with TX60s

Here's the question. The guy I bought my S1000 from said that TX60 connectors would be fine for use with my S1000. I've not flown the S1000 yet, but am concerned about the TX60s ability to handle it.

I'm having a hard time understanding exactly how much power I should expect the TX60s to handle. Maxing out the S1000's throttle should get somewhere around 320 amps, which is almost three times what two TX60s should be able to handle parallel over a long period of time.

Of course I won't have the S1000's throttle maxed out hardly at all (only lifting a GH4), but I'm still concerned.

Should I get some TX90s? Go straight for bullet connectors that can handle even more?

Thanks!
Benjimoto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-12-2014, 05:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you can pull peaks of 320A (), I wouldn't be running "small" connectors.

Presumably size/weight are not a big concern, if you're carrying what I assume are (2) 6S 10,000s. I'd prefer to go bigger, personally. EC5, XT90s, Castle 6.5mm bullets, etc. Why ask for trouble?

At a minimum, go easy on the early flights, and feel the connectors after landing. If cool, maybe add some significant throttle right before landing, and see how they feel.
RedOctobyr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

How exactly is it wired?

I'd imagine only half the total current is passing through a single connector, if each esc is in parallel it would be 1/8. I'm not an expert on wiring quads though.

What are your ESCs rated each?
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

What is an S1000? EDIT: nm I figured it out.
Old 10-12-2014, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Good advice RedOctobyr. I'll take it easy on my first flights, and plan on switching out the plugs later if they stay cool. If I find them hot I'll change them out immediately.

I run the TX60s on my other hexa, wired to 6 Tmotor U7s powered by 2 6200mAh 4s batteries.

To be honest I'm a little lost on the differences between the cell counts. Even after some research.

Code3Medic the ESCs are rated for a max of 40 amps. But given the size of the motors (compared to U7s, which max out at 44 amps) I'd be surprised if they pulled more than 30 tops. Idk, finding exact specs on DJI's individual components is proving to be challenging.
Benjimoto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-12-2014, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would assume XT60 would be ok. That is the stock connector DJI uses and I am guessing they researched it. Well hoping they did but we know sometimes wonky things happen.

Spartan Vortex, Scorpion Motors, ExperienceRC Batteries, OMG Servos
FrSky Taranis
DaveHolland is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in