Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Other Electronics (Gimbals, Ground Controllers)

Other Electronics (Gimbals, Ground Controllers) Other Electronics (Gimbals, Ground Controllers)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2014, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default EZ UHF controller

So as I look at going to the UHF band for flight control, it has me wondering. Does the quality of the transmitter actually matter? I have a DX8 that I do all my flying with. I have seen that several guys recommend using a second transmitter as your long range or UHF transmitter. Would it beneficial to use something like a Turnigy or HobbyPartz cheapie as my long range tx?
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2014, 02:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Your EZ won't really care what's feeding it, so the quality of your TX will matter about the same as it would running native. I can't see the necessity of buying a second TX, just to dedicate it only to UHF. Although I seem to have wound up with WAY more TXs than I need, I just mainly use one - my Futaba 14HSG - for both 2.4gHz and 433mHz. I leave the EZ-UHF module on the back and when I want to use the Futaba for 2.4, I just unplug the EZ-UHF module's power.

BTW, I had Dragon Link before, got tired of it's quirks, and switched to EZ-UHF a while back. I just wish I'd done it earlier. The EZ system is really well thought out. You'll love it, as well as the advantages of 70cm. So much better peace of mind being in clean, uncluttered licensed spectrum with the better propagation characteristics too. 73 de WH6BY

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2014, 09:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TX and VTX

do you need a Ham license for EZUHF ? I'm looking into switching everything over at some point on both VTX and Radio to EzUHF. Still thinking about going to 1.3 mhz for my VTX / VRX . It would be nice to not have to worry about the Ham license regardless of me being so far out in the sticks that I dont think anyone will bother me.
Old 10-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #4 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Bill, yes, although it's not likely anything would happen unless someone were to complain or tattle. Even them, it would most likely be in the form of a friendly letter from an ARRL Official Observer, who are hans that patrol around looking for "boot leggers". Hams are really protective of spectrum, but usually any problems are handled outside of the FCC. Although it would be best to study up and get your license, I really doubt you'd be given any grief if you just use some common sense.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in