Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 700X

Blade 700X Blade 700X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2014, 02:18 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by arefim View Post
It is the front set.My gain was fine .I had few hard stops as I was testing the tail. this was only my second flight and I'm afraid the the tail gears are made of cheap plastic.
I set up my TT heli's with fairly soft stops to help prolong gear life. All systems have this ability. If you are especially hard on the tail consider changing them proactively at regular intervals. Depending on the model I'll replace gears between 50-150 flights. Dry fluid lubricant can extend life as well.
OnTheSnap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2014, 11:41 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by arefim View Post
This happened to me also today and it was my second flight.my damage is very similar to yours + cracked both frames + main blades. I'm lucky that there was no injury to myself or other people.I have shimmed the tail gear and there was no play.It is very annoying to have stripped gear as the cause for the crash?I do feel that horizon should do some thing about it if it happens to other people.
Have you tried a shorter servo arm? I had the exact same strip on my second flight. After a shorter tail servo arm and a bit less gain, I haven't had a problem since. This heli has an unusually high amount of mechanical gain, and I know several others have had the same experience.. they strip out the first set of gears on the first or second flight, then make those adjustments and don't have any more problems. I'm working on reversing piroflips and I have not reduced my stop gains as OnTheSnap suggests, and even though I can hear the tail gears taking punishment, they don't strip.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:06 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's why i don't like tt. I shake the tail a lot when flying, 180 degrees reversals on tail slides and aileron loops, stall turns with piros stoping at each 90 degrees+litlle tail shake.
I just keep reading so many reports like this, i lose every bit of confidence i still had on tt.
Specially on these big birds issues like this are always expensive. The E700 also has similar issues.
I would always sacrifice a bit of auto hangtime (the only real benefit from tt) for a reliable belt that i can use and abuse at my will.
Manufacturers should get real, and see that tt and modern hard flying with the powerfull motors available is a huge task, and many simply fail at this.
How can tt compete with a belt meshing around half a pulley?
A tt gear mesh is very weak, to weak for today motors.
That plus a bit of higher gains or to heavy collective brings all kinds of problems.
Old 05-15-2014, 08:46 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi_tuga View Post
That's why i don't like tt. I shake the tail a lot when flying, 180 degrees reversals on tail slides and aileron loops, stall turns with piros stoping at each 90 degrees+litlle tail shake.
I just keep reading so many reports like this, i lose every bit of confidence i still had on tt.
Specially on these big birds issues like this are always expensive. The E700 also has similar issues.
I would always sacrifice a bit of auto hangtime (the only real benefit from tt) for a reliable belt that i can use and abuse at my will.
Manufacturers should get real, and see that tt and modern hard flying with the powerfull motors available is a huge task, and many simply fail at this.
How can tt compete with a belt meshing around half a pulley?
A tt gear mesh is very weak, to weak for today motors.
That plus a bit of higher gains or to heavy collective brings all kinds of problems.
That's a pretty bleak view of TT. It is possible to make a robust over designed TT system. Logo 700 and Synergy E7 both have extremely robust TT implementations. And after years of evolution, the Align 700e gears hold up amazingly well. But it wasn't that way for some years until the black gears came out.

My guess is the math dictates most of the gear designs, but the reality is they probably need to double the safety factor to account for variations in plastic and mesh.
Old 05-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's my opinion reading hf. So many posts about tt failures, in several brands.
On the other hand, catastrophic tail failures are not that common, and by a huge difference.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigi_tuga View Post
That's my opinion reading hf. So many posts about tt failures, in several brands.
On the other hand, catastrophic tail failures are not that common, and by a huge difference.
Ah well forums are not good statistical sources of information. It's where people come to complain, (-:
Old 05-17-2014, 10:25 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheSnap View Post
Ah well forums are not good statistical sources of information. It's where people come to complain, (-:
Sure!
And i see way more complaints with TT gears breaking then Belts snapping.

Of course everything heli related is very dependant on setup, that's why some fliers have absolutely no issues with stuff that is a nightmare to others.
Old 05-18-2014, 06:30 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ill comment here then leave it alone.
Any Tareq Alsaadi style flights on youtube with a blade 700x ? I cant find one !

Last edited by Kap'n Krunch; 05-18-2014 at 08:05 PM..
Kap'n Krunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2014, 01:10 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by justwired View Post
Ill comment here then leave it alone.
Any Tareq Alsaadi style flights on youtube with a blade 700x ? I cant find one !
the 700x is blades first 700, i think they did a real good job. Is it perfect? No. The main deciding factor of the success is will they take the time to strive towards perfection. I give align alot of crap just cause align guys freak out when you talk about there helis, but align looks at what is going on with there helis and fixes them, now i dont think they should be sold as "upgrades" and should be just updated parts but atleast they are constantly evolving the heli. It would be nice if blade could tell us if they are working on new gears or a new tail block or tail box for tigher fit, align takes about 3 months after a new heli releaes to have there upgrades, and they keep comoing, so blade I hope your working on fixing this issue cause id hate to have to sell this heli off becaue of gear issues like i did my raptor e700. After 2-3 tail gear strips in flight you really loose all confidence in the model and then because you have wasted 1000+ dollars from an inferior design you dont give a damn even if they fix it, you just want to wash your hand cleans, that said ive had 0 issues, and ive been fairly hard on my tail, over speeding the heli, getting some gyro bounching, hard stops, so i am happy so far but it does bother me i am seeing more and more gear issues as these helis get older. Also as far a your comment justwired ,this guy flys pretty damn hard,
Blade 700x little Boomstrike with Spinblades (3 min 36 sec)
Old 06-01-2014, 03:16 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default TT gears stripped

Mine done the same thing after 5 flights. I sent boom to Horizon and they are sending me a new kit. Said needed to shim tail shaft.
Smorehead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2014, 02:50 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

my flyingstyle with the 700X is rather abusive and i have never stripped gears on mine.

I just messed up an autorotation where the tail hit the dirt and bent the tailfin into the tailblades. Broke tailfin and tailblades and my gears are still good.

Its a tough heli if you ask me

btw the video above is a friend of mine he has never stripped TT gears either and hes not babying it at all

and this guy put a Align 850MX dominator motor in it and tried to stripp the gears he couldnt stripp them:

BLADE 700X Geartest Bodykalle (3 min 16 sec)
4DPILOT is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2014, 07:43 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4DPILOT View Post
my flyingstyle with the 700X is rather abusive and i have never stripped gears on mine.

I just messed up an autorotation where the tail hit the dirt and bent the tailfin into the tailblades. Broke tailfin and tailblades and my gears are still good.

Its a tough heli if you ask me

btw the video above is a friend of mine he has never stripped TT gears either and hes not babying it at all

and this guy put a Align 850MX dominator motor in it and tried to stripp the gears he couldnt stripp them:

BLADE 700X Geartest Bodykalle - YouTube

This guy would be fun to fly with. I feel bad for his batteries..
mickeyjohnston is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2014, 10:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

The gears got me. Stripped out the front umbrellas today...pyro reversals. Autoed in and broke the landing gear is all. Gotta have 200 flts easy on her. Ware and tare is what im telling myself.

Last edited by 2easy; 07-20-2014 at 10:33 PM.. Reason: /////////////////////////////////////
2easy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 07:34 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I will have one of these very soon. Is it a possibility that both front and rear tt gears could need shimmed? I though Edsel's build videos just showed the rear getting shimmed?

-Give a man a helicopter and he flies for a day. Teach a man to fly helicopters and he flies for a lifetime!
BadVad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Order yourself a variety of different size shims. Then shim the gears to get proper alignment and to have the gears just tight enough so that you can feel the high spot on the gear start to drag a little when spinning the gears by hand. Then keep them lubed. Also adjust your tail stop so that it will still stop fast but not so fast that it sounds like it is going to tear itself apart. I was able to rip a tail belt out of my N5 with the default setting on the iKON.

This is what I did on my 700X and it is holding up just fine after many flights.
iKON DX9
Greg B is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2014, 11:09 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My rear is shimmed but not the fronts. Im going to shim both on the rebuild. Greg, I have lubed the rear but not the front..no logic to it I know, but going to do both from now on. The gear wo the lube went, so lubing does work to reduce friction. My tail stops aren't hard enough to fart, but still ridged, I guess too rigid. Will soften some more. Thanks Gents
Old 09-13-2014, 10:53 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

stripped another set of tail gears today. i got the shims so here we go with the rebuild.
jmrcracer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same thing happened to me after five flights. Horizon sent me new kit butt afraid to do anything with until know for sure what happened.
Smorehead is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2014, 03:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smorehead View Post
Same thing happened to me after five flights. Horizon sent me new kit butt afraid to do anything with until know for sure what happened.

I've helped a lot of people with the gears, and almost invariably either:

1) there is slop somewhere in the gears... Check play for all gears in the tail box in all 3 axes. If there is play, describe where it is and I can help you fix it

2) the user is using something other than beastx - in this case the tail stop gains or tail dynamic or whatever that unit calls it needs to be reduced.

Oh also if you EVER see the SLIGHTEST overgain/wag of death due to too high tail gain, replace the gears. If you recently built the Heli this is likely. I expect to have to replace a set of gears or two due to this any time I set up a new torque tube model.

This advice is applicable to any torque tube Heli.
Old 10-31-2014, 03:04 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aclysma View Post
I've helped a lot of people with the gears, and almost invariably either:

1) there is slop somewhere in the gears... Check play for all gears in the tail box in all 3 axes. If there is play, describe where it is and I can help you fix it

2) the user is using something other than beastx - in this case the tail stop gains or tail dynamic or whatever that unit calls it needs to be reduced.

Oh also if you EVER see the SLIGHTEST overgain/wag of death due to too high tail gain, replace the gears. If you recently built the Heli this is likely. I expect to have to replace a set of gears or two due to this any time I set up a new torque tube model.

This advice is applicable to any torque tube Heli.
If the heli is designed right, you don't have to manually check tail gear mesh and try to make it perfect.

Just sayin -

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in