Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 700X

Blade 700X Blade 700X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2014, 07:35 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisBladeWorks View Post
They've stated twice that they got out due to liability with large helis...
That is a reason I have read. I have no idea if its any more valid and any other I can think up. To be honest it does not sound right too me. But who cares why. The point is they came out with 3 pro series models and proceeded to dump them just as quickly without actually informing their supporters what was happening. If that's an example of customer service then I don't want any.
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2014, 11:43 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab223 View Post
....and proceeded to dump them just as quickly without actually informing their supporters what was happening.
My feelings toward HH are more positive along the lines of Tom C and and Urial. Three out of four of my larger than 450 Blade purchases were made highly discounted after the discontinued writing was on the wall. I only purchased one at more or less full price.

I work for a corporation. After experiencing and seeing some of the things my company does-illegal midnight lockout of high performing and dedicated experienced workers, shifting assets to strip certain units of a future, mis attributing profits and expenses, etc. All to maximize bonuses for the top five.

Discontinuing the pro line is not even a footnote on the corporate misconduct talley.

All of us that work for a corporation know that the top officers wish to control the corporate message. None of those that post here is in charge of the corporate message. But I bet every one of em would talk over a few beers and tell what they will not publicly post.

As to not posting about liability being a reason to discontinue-if it even is. There is still a large liability trail of Blade Pro helicopters out there. If an injury or death goes to court are the corporate attorneys going to want a previous admission of a discontinued known dangerous product? Better that the public line be that it was not profitable.

If liability is the reason, then it is very surprising for all the blow out sales. Would have been much smarter to take them off the shelves and drive over the boxes with a large, heavy vehicle. .

I will bet that the designers and company pilots of the pro line are taking it hardest of all. If they value their jobs, they need to be good company men and move on to the next company priority. This seems to be exactly what they are doing. You don't see them hanging out here whining over corporate dumping their proud babies

I can put a positive personal spin on this. I have purchased more online than I have any need for. Reading HELIFREAK threads, seeing Blade marketing, and then a good sale seems to push my "buy" button. The pro line being discontinued may be just what I need to kick the addiction. There is nothing outside of the HH products that pushes my "buy" button. And now there is nothing in the Blade* lineup to push the button, either. Some day I expect to own a Compass or maybe a high end German boutique helicopter, but not until I "need" one and that day is a long way off.

*. Oh, wait. I just purchased a DX9 and a giant scale carbon cub last weekend.

Of course there is the possibility of our speculation being wrong. But speculation is what fills the corporate communications gap. It fills the gaps where I work. It fills the gaps here at helifreak.
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2014, 11:57 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mega, that is a great story. I am not naive. You selectively quoted me.

BTW, I have no dog in this race. My comments just come from an honest man with oppinions. They stand as such.

EDIT: btw, I very much enjoy your posts and find them informative.
Old 12-06-2014, 12:31 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wab223 View Post
Mega, that is a great story. I am not naive. You selectively quoted me.

BTW, I have no dog in this race. My comments just come from an honest man with oppinions. They stand as such.

EDIT: btw, I very much enjoy your posts and find them informative.
Thank you.

I am sorry for selectively quoting and will try to do better in the future.

My comments are also just opinions.
Old 12-07-2014, 07:49 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

ok, so there has been no HH word on this. Can you blame them? Go back and take a look at the miserable history of comments about them around here, would you?

As for the liability issue, here is one aspect that doesn't make sense to me.

If there is an issue with selling the kits and opening up liability issues after the purchaser has one and HH having no control over what happens and they bail on that, then wouldn't selling of replacement parts still be a means of supporting a product you no longer want out in the "wild"? Last I looked you can still get parts.
raisinjack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinjack View Post
ok, so there has been no HH word on this. Can you blame them? Go back and take a look at the miserable history of comments about them around here, would you?

If there is an issue with selling the kits and opening up liability issues after the purchaser has one and HH having no control over what happens and they bail on that, then wouldn't selling of replacement parts still be a means of supporting a product you no longer want out in the "wild"? Last I looked you can still get parts.
Inquisitive minds have long pondered the question you raise. Last I checked parts were still available for the Blade CP and Blade 400. Will parts be available from HH for the 500/550/600/700 five years from now? Time will tell.

My gut feeling is no. Parts are being discounted and cleared out. This and most everything I say is an opinion. I have been wrong before.

Also it seems to be fast approaching the proverbial snowball's chance in hell, but new and upgraded models of 500 - 700 have not been publicly ruled out by HH as far as I know.

HH managers have publicly stated that HH will not exit the helicopter business and that new models are in the pipeline. Obviously, most of us think this means 450 and smaller and multi rotor.
Old 12-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinjack View Post

I heard the "liability issue" anecdote straight from an employee at ATL hobbies, which is one of the largest HH dealers in America. I see no reason for them to make that up, so I believe that they were told that from HH.

At this point I trust that more than internet speculation.

Lynx Team Pilot
Pitch-Itch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been thinking about this more. I know that they wanted to separate this line from their somewhat up and down reputation for quality. But did the marketing guys with their "Pro Series" actually turn some serious pilots off? This never occurred to me before but its kind of a bold claim when other marks just make helis and compete.

Ya know whay I mean?
Old 12-09-2014, 09:26 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavisBladeWorks View Post
They've stated twice that they got out due to liability with large helis...
This is utterly untrue. It is a business decision plain and simple. Horizon Hobby has chosen to focus on segments that we have been historically successful in. Personally, I would love to see the Blade Pro-Series models stick around, but I understand why they aren't, and I support the company's decision.

That being said, The Blade 550x and the Blade 600x are discontinued. The 700x is still in stock and available.

As for us (Horizon Employees) not commenting further, it is Horizon's policy to not comment on our future product plan.

The 550x and 600x owners will have parts support. Historically, we have supported discontinued models for years after the model was discontinued.
Old 12-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

And what about partsupport in Germany ? I own a blade 500 x and a 550 x and oft course very interestet about it.
ThomasG is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 10:00 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Brian, good to hear from you. And thank you for posting.
vebbyson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 11:57 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 12-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptard003 View Post

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 01:43 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
This is utterly untrue. It is a business decision plain and simple. Horizon Hobby has chosen to focus on segments that we have been historically successful in. Personally, I would love to see the Blade Pro-Series models stick around, but I understand why they aren't, and I support the company's decision.

That being said, The Blade 550x and the Blade 600x are discontinued. The 700x is still in stock and available.

As for us (Horizon Employees) not commenting further, it is Horizon's policy to not comment on our future product plan.

The 550x and 600x owners will have parts support. Historically, we have supported discontinued models for years after the model was discontinued.
Thanks for clearing that up. Why would one of your largest dealers be under the impression that it is due to liability?

This wasn't heresay, it was on their podcast. So they are very confident in the truth they know.

Lynx Team Pilot
Old 12-09-2014, 01:53 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hobby shop employees are as prone to spreading rumors and anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Russell Harding is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 02:05 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well now we know they are getting out of it. At least they were honest and - hearing it finally here was good enough for me.

So no more large heli's and the 700 is still there until it runs out of parts and kits.

At least we know what to invest in now.

Small segment is fine and sadly the quad craze didn't help with this but it is what it is.

All the team pilots will just fly small stuff and we will see a smaller presence at shows is all.

Oh well as in business it is what it is.
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 02:57 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Code3Medic View Post
Hobby shop employees are as prone to spreading rumors and anyone else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very true. Just wouldn't expect it from these particular people, but then again they may truly believe what they've heard is true.

Who knows. At least we know the true reason now.

Lynx Team Pilot
Old 12-09-2014, 03:39 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskareot View Post
All the team pilots will just fly small stuff and we will see a smaller presence at shows is all.

I think you will still see us flying the 700x for quite a while. And even if every 550+ blade product in the world were to disappear in an instant, we'll still be at events with spektrum and castle gear to help people out with setups and troubleshooting.
Old 12-09-2014, 03:44 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 2 550Xs and enough parts to last a couple years (I hope) and am happy with it
Rotarywing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2014, 06:31 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
Historically, we have supported discontinued models for years after the model was discontinued.
I've found this to be untrue....at least in regards to many of the airplanes discontinued by HH. I've got Jackals, Sundowners, Scimitars, F4's etc. which all had parts availability begin to dry up immediately after the models were discontinued. Once the model was officially discontinued any parts with a "backorder" status were never going to show up again. As the inventory dries up you are left searching the forums or Ebay for whatever leftover items you can find. Let's use the F4 as an example. I'm going from memory but I think it was released in 2012 and discontinued in 2013. Within months parts availability was marginal, now go to HH's site and see what's available. You might find some pushrods or wheels but that's it. Let's hope the helicopters are a different story.
supertoyz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in