Dx9 file that works with all modes v3 - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 350QX

350QX Blade 350QX Multirotor Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-23-2014, 09:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to help guys. Gotta give credit to rtscyoung though. Its his file. He was nice enough to help me thru it also.
woodbine-rc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2014, 10:00 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodbine-rc View Post
Try and save the file again to your sd card and create a new model. Install it there. If its still a no go for you, pm me on friday and I will give you my number and I can walk you thru it.

I finally got it! thanks
Mustanggtandgsxr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2014, 01:26 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been followig these posts to gather what most of us want, most want all modes, some with just couple modes, me I like all modes reason being like 3D fun & FPV but do I need all 4 modes.? Although I have the DX18 & all modes I only use 2 modes with the advatage of 3 modes.
If yo have 2 mixes or more then decide the modes you want, as I mention I have all 4 but only use 2 modes purple for my gopro & for fun i call it 3D I've mixed Stability with Agility, how does it work.? You take off in Stability mode & when you input cyclic stick movement you get Agility Red mode & you now have 3D fun, let cyclic stick rest & your in Stability mode.
I would think any radio with 2 or more mixes could be setup so you could have Green, Purple or Blue as your choice of mode then with flick of switch you get 3D fun & it is fun.
Just using Red mode Agility I've had so many near mishaps that doing this way has giving me so much fun thought I'd share it.
If you have 350QX v2 with DX18 I have a file & all speech included, pm if interested.
I have now managed to setup v1, several v2's & v3 with mentioned modes but not had anyone with DX6 as yet, pm if you need help on this setup.
Trex 600Ndfc Gpro, Trex 600E Pro Gpro.
tourerjim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2014, 07:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourerjim View Post
If you have 350QX v2 with DX18 I have a file & all speech included, pm if interested.
I have now managed to setup v1, several v2's & v3 with mentioned modes but not had anyone with DX6 as yet, pm if you need help on this setup.
So let me ask you this... Could I simply download your file into my DX8 and have the same flight modes/setup as you do for my V2?

Also could I create a new model and use one of your files to control my bird when I upgrade to V3 and then revert back to the original model if I reflash back to V2?

I want to upgrade to V3, I want AP and Stagility but I don't want to risk losing the flight controls I have now. I can't afford any down-time due to the upgrade if it can be helped.

Thanks in advance,
Allen
BigAl07 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2014, 07:37 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

The file format for a DX8 is different unfortunately. DX6, DX9, and DX18 are finally sharing the same file format and the radios know how to "ignore" features that are not available on that particular model if necessary.

But yes, you could have a V2 model in your transmitter and a separate V3 model in your transmitter and change back and forth just by re-binding to the chosen model.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-24-2014, 07:45 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightengr View Post
The file format for a DX8 is different unfortunately.
Well that blows LOL! I may have to start a thread specific to that radio to get the file I'm trying to get.

Quote:
]But yes, you could have a V2 model in your transmitter and a separate V3 model in your transmitter and change back and forth just by re-binding to the chosen model.
That's good. I just don't want to lose what I currently have going just to get some new features. I'm a back up fanatic..... heck I just backed up this post LOL
Old 12-24-2014, 08:53 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have about given up on getting the stagility mode on my qx3. I hope someone smarter than me can come up with something. Did those numbers I sent you help at all ?
Old 12-24-2014, 09:20 AM   #28 (permalink)
dct
Registered Users

Question

I am having a hard time understanding why HH or Blade didn't figure all this out before releasing this software !
Did they really think all of us after have different flight mode we would like to have only Smart and AP mode?
I have stated this before, I never liked ( Stagility ) at some point we all need to learn how to fly!! LOL
If you guys think flying this Quad is hard,,? Try flying 3D helicopters ! LOL
I do fly helicopters now for over 12 years now, but guess what ,, after flying this Quad,, it's hard to go back and fly my helicopters now!
Some say flying a Quad with help your helicopter flying?
Not me!!!
DanT
Old 12-24-2014, 09:51 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you've never flown anything before and you stay away from the SMART mode I think a quad can be a good beginner level aircraft because it teaches orientation and hand/eye/aircraft control. But I will also say it will "Dumb you down" if you don't stay on top of your "other" RC skills. I still flip back to RC and "planks" almost daily because I fly those for all out fun.
Old 12-25-2014, 12:30 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks woodbine I can confirm this works on the DX6 for QX3. All modes are available.

It's a different story for me trying to get used to the non auto centering throttle like the RTF DX4...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
armycopter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2014, 02:55 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by armycopter View Post
Thanks woodbine I can confirm this works on the DX6 for QX3. All modes are available.

It's a different story for me trying to get used to the non auto centering throttle like the RTF DX4...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
No problem. I think you will like the non-centering stick once you get used to it.
Old 12-25-2014, 04:04 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just put this on the Stagility thread. Thought I might put it here as well

Hi all , First post here, Lots of lurking and learning.

I have managed to cobble together a few different posts and have 5 different flight modes with no switch flipping,

Tourerjim and Bucketlistpilot have done most of the heavy lifting, I just have a QX3 to test it on (after my Ver 1 decided to go to a new home on Thanksgiving)

I Started with the setup that Woodbine-rc posted, the one Tourerjim posted does not work for me at all. Dont know if it is the DX9 vs18 or the V3 but it does not work for my setup.. Anyway I added a couple more mixes to the woodbine -RC file to get Stagility back, I also put in the expo rates on switch F that Indoor heli had in the original file, I liked that feature.

I also like the switch layout that the Woodbine-rc file had, So now it is Switch B is the master mode switch
0 Smart mode
1 Refers to switch G
2 Return Home

Switch G is layed out as

0 Stability
1 Stagility
2 Agility

Anyway Here is the file

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...05%20Modes.SPM

Looks like the link gives a text file, Right click and "save as"

The flight modes are all based on the Gear value
Return Home -100
A.P. mode 0
Smart Mode 100
Stability 125
Agility 140

So if you wanted to have AP mode instead of Smart mode, Find the mix that controls That switch position and change the value of the gear setting.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy flying.

Kevin
KevinHolme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl07 View Post
So let me ask you this... Could I simply download your file into my DX8 and have the same flight modes/setup as you do for my V2?

Also could I create a new model and use one of your files to control my bird when I upgrade to V3 and then revert back to the original model if I reflash back to V2?

I want to upgrade to V3, I want AP and Stagility but I don't want to risk losing the flight controls I have now. I can't afford any down-time due to the upgrade if it can be helped.

Thanks in advance,
Allen
I got a thank you from someone who wanted a copy for his DX8 but heard no more to whether it worked or not so im not sure but DX8 should be simple to get all 4 modes so ill pm you for more details of your TX
Old 12-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinHolme View Post
Just put this on the Stagility thread. Thought I might put it here as well

Hi all , First post here, Lots of lurking and learning.

I have managed to cobble together a few different posts and have 5 different flight modes with no switch flipping,

Tourerjim and Bucketlistpilot have done most of the heavy lifting, I just have a QX3 to test it on (after my Ver 1 decided to go to a new home on Thanksgiving)

I Started with the setup that Woodbine-rc posted, the one Tourerjim posted does not work for me at all. Dont know if it is the DX9 vs18 or the V3 but it does not work for my setup.. Anyway I added a couple more mixes to the woodbine -RC file to get Stagility back, I also put in the expo rates on switch F that Indoor heli had in the original file, I liked that feature.

I also like the switch layout that the Woodbine-rc file had, So now it is Switch B is the master mode switch
0 Smart mode
1 Refers to switch G
2 Return Home

Switch G is layed out as

0 Stability
1 Stagility
2 Agility

Anyway Here is the file

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...05%20Modes.SPM

The flight modes are all based on the Gear value
Return Home -100
A.P. mode 0
Smart Mode 100
Stability 125
Agility 140

So if you wanted to have AP mode instead of Smart mode, Find the mix that controls That switch position and change the value of the gear setting.

Anyway, Merry Christmas, Happy flying.

Kevin
The file ive done is for the v2, I'm almost at the completing stage of setting up John's (woodbine) v3 on his DX9.

350QX v2 & v3 modes are both the same Green, Purple, Blue, Red & RTH but HH in there wisdom have altered the modes poss so they can accommodate the DX4 & 5.
I had the JR DSX9 and had all modes plus RTH so any DX9 will work.
Dont want to get involved in DX4 & 5's but the DX6 if it has 2 or more mixes would get you a setup that you could setup to your fav modes & with a mix adjustment would simply change a mode DX7 & up you can have all modes but this is subject to the setup that im not aware of.
Old 12-25-2014, 05:57 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also looked at the file that woodbine-rc posted and it made a lot of sense. It confirmed my suspicions about the values of the Gear channel for the flight modes.

Moved to this thread (post # 2) and updated:
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=672424

Last edited by flightengr; 01-04-2015 at 09:52 AM..
Old 12-25-2014, 08:48 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I also looked at the file that woodbine-rc posted and it made a lot of sense. It confirmed my suspicions about the values of the Gear channel for the flight modes.

I think there's a lot of value in understanding what an SPM file does. You'll learn a lot more about your transmitter and the aircraft if you make the model yourself. But of course, loading the SPM file makes life a lot easier. Understanding the model setup will also enable you to change it if you don't like something!

Here's a PDF file that describes how to create the model setup yourself. The PDF document describes two approaches to setting up the flight modes. One lets you set up all 5 factory flight modes across two switches, and the other lets you pick your favorite three modes and use Digital Switch Setup to assign them to one switch. Both SPM files described by the PDF file are also below.

Because "Stagility" isn't a true flight mode on the 350 QX3, I set it up as an additional mix on Switch H. As long as you're in Stability Mode, turning on Switch H to enable the mix will enable "Stagility Mode."

NOTE: Click on the SPM file link below to get your browser to download it. You can't right-click the mouse and "Save Target As..." because the forum will give you a PHP file if you do that!
Just went thru your pdf and read about the sticks being centered. Checked the monitor and noticed that The rudder and aileron is off by 1 and the throttle flips between 1 and centered. Is that an issue? How do I calibrate the dx6?
Old 12-25-2014, 09:25 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess I should read the manual more often. I found how to calibrate it. Now all is centered perfect. transferred the file to my dx6 and looks like it works fine. Just tried it on the table only. I did not take it outside. Will try tomorrow or Saturday
Old 12-26-2014, 02:14 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustanggtandgsxr View Post
Just went thru your pdf and read about the sticks being centered. Checked the monitor and noticed that The rudder and aileron is off by 1 and the throttle flips between 1 and centered. Is that an issue? How do I calibrate the dx6?
If ive read your PDF correctly your saying RTH is switch B position 2 which means flicking switch B between flight modes to use the RTH, if i decided to cancel the RTH whilst in flight then i will be going back in to position 1 or 0, so if i had my camera onboard & decided to cancel RTH the quad would suddenly tilt if i switch back to AP mode & poss same effect with Smart mode, have you tested this...? just as a suggestion if you change switch B so position 0 is AP, 1 to Stability & position 2 RTH so this should keep quad & camera stable if anyone decided to cancel RTH but don't recommend switching to AP mode, to switch to AP you would need to land first, then i would shut down motors & start up in AP.
Ive had experiences of my quad suddenly tilting in flight if your in AP mode & you switch in/out RTH, one time happen when I switched from AP to Green, Stability always seems fine if you remain in that mode to land or RTH & land.

I would be interested if this is the same with v3 im v2

Last edited by tourerjim; 12-26-2014 at 05:43 AM..
Old 12-26-2014, 07:09 AM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Changing flight modes in mid-air always presents a challenge. The mode you switch into may handle the throttle stick differently, and yes, depedning on how much control the new mode expects you to have, it may "tilt" or otherwise move a little bit. All of that is true with any two flight modes, not just RTH. So your pilot skills have to be advanced enough to handle the transition.

The way my file is set up, the only mode you can't get back to directly from RTH is Smart Mode. AP, Stability, and Agility are all accessed while switch B is in the middle position, as the middle position of switch B also considers the position of switch G in order to pick a flight mode. There's also nothing stopping you from quickly flipping the switch all the way from RTH to Smart Mode; you don't have to stay in AP Mode for any length of time.

Or alternatively, if you don't plan to use all 5 factory flight modes, you could put your favorite three modes on the switch in any order you like using Option 2 in my PDF file. I would never use AP Mode and I'm not good enough for Agility Mode, so in that case I'd set up the swich for Smart Mode, Stability Mode, and RTH.

Personally, I prefer having RTH on a separate switch like it is with version 1 and version 2. It wasn't a flight mode, but it had its own channel to "override" the current flight mode. With version 3 Blade wanted the channel RTH was using for something else (gimbal tilt control), so RTH got mixed into the flight modes.
Old 12-29-2014, 09:23 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just tackled this yesterday, but went about it differently and with no mixes.
Now my controls are identical to the way they were on V.2 with RTH on switch H.
Since I only fly my 350QX for filming I eliminated the Agility mode.

Summary of the controls:
(Switches B and H)
>Switch B position 0, Switch H position 0 = Smart Mode
>Switch B position 1, Switch H position 0 = AP Mode
>Switch B position 2, Switch H position 0 = Stability Mode
>Switch B anything, Switch H position 1 = RTH
Button I - Throttle Cut when pressed
Switch F - Tilt Gimbal (0=Level, 1= 45 degree, 2= 90 degree)

Added one mix for special feature:
Switch E - Slow Pan/Yaw (0=right, 1=off, 2=left)

All but the one mix are adjusted in the Digital Switch Setup
Attached Files
File Type: spm 013~350QX.SPM (23.5 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by PawnDMonium; 12-31-2014 at 04:16 AM.. Reason: add .SPM
PawnDMonium is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.