Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 11:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
HF Support

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallDoode View Post
Ahhh... gotcha. The circle you drew helped! I need to head to bed and want to fly tomorrow so I actually switched back to my plastic (stock) pitch assembly and it is smooth as silk. Someone in Quality Control must have fallen asleep when they let the metal arms out the door <grin>. I will put them back on tomorrow after flying and try it again with your suggestion.

Thanks!

dave
Any time.
Rick
rdlohr is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2009, 04:41 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's my experience today with this:
I just put mine together and I have prety bad binding, it gets worse towards the ends but still a bit in the center.
unhooked the ball, still same thing
unhooked the slider arms and binding went away
the arms were too tight for the brass fittings, I opened up the plastic holes in the arms especially the end that connects to the blad holders and it's butter now (as in 100% smooth)
I figured the brass aren't suppose to move around and are there to hold the screws from tighting up on the plastic arms as the brass fittings are a bit wider than the plastic arms, and so, the plastic arms needs to be able to rotate around the brass fittings easily and that wasn't the case in my experience.
10inja is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 05:35 AM   #23 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I also had tail binding causing a wag on my 500. Alan figured out it was tail pitch change lever related and fixed it, wag instantly went away. Seems to be a common issue that causes wag on the 500 but can easily be fixed. I have metal tail with Kasama grips.
Old 03-29-2009, 12:27 PM   #24 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

To update this, I flew it all last season and now into season two and the tail has been holding rock solid. Its a simple fix and it does withstand the test of time.

Rick
Old 03-29-2009, 08:22 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I can now speak from expierience that this mod works. I read these forums every day and I have had a wag on my ESP since I got it. I thought it was headspeed, changed to a new pack, thought it was noisy bearings, changed them all in the tail case under the gyro, thought it was tennis racket from the metal tail, changed to the plastic one. I knew it was something to do with the tail returning to center. I have checked every link and shaft on this bird and now the tail on this bird is 2x as smooth as my 600np.

I read this post today, took off the slider, filed just a tiny bit like Ricks pic showed and my hover wag is all but gone. I may file a little bit more, because it wiggled about 3x in a 5:30 flight. Before it wiggled every time I returned to a hover (i.e. no tail movement) so I will hit it with the file about 5 more strokes and never look back. Thanks guys...
AMA #900910
jpolidore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2009, 08:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpolidore View Post
I can now speak from expierience that this mod works. I read these forums every day and I have had a wag on my ESP since I got it. I thought it was headspeed, changed to a new pack, thought it was noisy bearings, changed them all in the tail case under the gyro, thought it was tennis racket from the metal tail, changed to the plastic one. I knew it was something to do with the tail returning to center. I have checked every link and shaft on this bird and now the tail on this bird is 2x as smooth as my 600np.

I read this post today, took off the slider, filed just a tiny bit like Ricks pic showed and my hover wag is all but gone. I may file a little bit more, because it wiggled about 3x in a 5:30 flight. Before it wiggled every time I returned to a hover (i.e. no tail movement) so I will hit it with the file about 5 more strokes and never look back. Thanks guys...
Excellent!

Rick

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in