Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Invertix 400 Multirotor Support

Invertix 400 Multirotor Support Invertix 400 Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2015, 02:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default invertix with spectrum controller and receiver quastion, which satellite

I want to buy this quadcopter i like that it has 3d function and that you have to build it yourself.
But i want to know what kind of a receiver would i need. I will most likely buy the dx6 or dx6i transmitter . Which transmitter of the two would you recommend for this quad( dx6 or dx6i ) and which receiver would i need to bind with the transmitter ? It states that you need a satellite receiver and i'm not sure which one that is for the spectrum .

Last edited by severus; 01-29-2015 at 11:17 AM..
severus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the receiver version, not satellite version, and it works fine with a Spektrum receiver. I don't remember which receiver I used, just an old 6 channel I had.

Just get it, it's a blast!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
Old 01-29-2015, 12:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

perhaps a link as to which receiver or satellite i need ?
Old 01-29-2015, 02:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want to have a Spektrum setup, get the satellite version. Much cleaning install, less wires. Depending on the radio, either a DSM2 or DSMX satellite is needed.

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdID=SPM9545

https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...ProdID=SPM9645
Old 01-29-2015, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
HF Support

I'm fairly certain the DSMX version is backward compatible with DSM2, so that's probably the best choice in either case.
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2015, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

apparently i need a normal receiver (in my case as i have ordered the dx6 ) the AR 610 and then the spm 9645 satellite to bind to the receiver.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have a dx6i, so i gotta have the ar610 receiver and a satellite receiver? or just one or the other? also what is the purpose of a satellite receiver? and have they fixed the issue where the esc is not making the motor reverse directions?
blahblah9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2015, 10:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

We have found that the NanoWii board is very selective with DSMX and DSM2 satellites. It is very important to note what kind of radio is being used. If the radio says DSM2 on the front (Spektrum DX7 SE for example), you MUST use a DSM2 Satellite and bind it using a DSM2 Receiver (AR6100 or Similar). If the radio says DSMX on the front, you MUST use a DSMX Satellite and you MUST bind the satellite to your radio using a DSMX External Receiver (Spektrum AR7010 or similar). If these steps are not followed precisely, the model will not arm.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I have purchased the Invertix and wish to use a DX6 Radio with a Spektrum Satellite. How do I program the Arming Switch?
In order to use a DX6 transmitter, you must reprogram the Arm switch in the NanoWii to accommodate your radio. Please follow these steps:
Download the MultiWii GUI:
http://www.invertix3d.com/media/MultiWii_2_3.zip
Unzip and extract the GUI and open up the proper folder depending on what kind of computer you are using. Please note that it helps to download the latest version of Java if you run into any issues.
Connect your Multiwii to your computer using a Mini USB Cord.
On the top right of the GUI, you will see various boxes. Two boxes should be currently selected (the boxes will be White). For the Satellite board, you will see the row (Aux 3 Low) is selected for both ARM and 3D Mode. Please DESELECT these white boxes so that now all boxes are grey. Now, click the boxes for AUX 1 HIGH, for both ARM and 3D Mode.
Click Write and disconnect the USB connector from your computer.
In your radio, go to the Gyro function. Select F MODE for the switch. Make Rate 0 0% (Norm 0). Now make Rate 1 100% (Stunt 1).
Plug in a battery and test proper motor direction. Now, the motors will arm when the F Mode switch is pulled up into the Stunt 1 Position.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have no problem with the esc / motor reversing.
Old 03-05-2015, 06:01 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeskiken View Post
Quote:

We have found that the NanoWii board is very selective with DSMX and DSM2 satellites. It is very important to note what kind of radio is being used. If the radio says DSM2 on the front (Spektrum DX7 SE for example), you MUST use a DSM2 Satellite and bind it using a DSM2 Receiver (AR6100 or Similar). If the radio says DSMX on the front, you MUST use a DSMX Satellite and you MUST bind the satellite to your radio using a DSMX External Receiver (Spektrum AR7010 or similar). If these steps are not followed precisely, the model will not arm.
i don't understand this satellite stuff, i'm coming back to flying after 10 years when i never heard of satellite stuff just bind your tx to the receiver like the ar6100. can i not just use the ar6100? do i have to have the satellite receiver? how do i bind 2 receivers at once?

i need to just pick the external receiver version right? what is the purpose of satellite hookup one then?
Old 03-08-2015, 01:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are two models of the Invertix. One for spectrum satelite style recievers and one for full size recievers.

If you buy the version that uses satellites you need to bind them with a full size reciever first. Then disconnect the reciever and plug just the Satelite into the nano Wii board.

If you buy the version that uses a full size reciever. Then you use a full size reciever. Spectrum, Futaba, Jeti, etc.

Follow the build video and instructions.

I am fairly new to Spectrum. I use Futaba. But if you buy the full size reciever version on the Invertix you can use any full size reciever.

http://www.spektrumrc.com/ProdInfo/Files/SPMAR6100.pdf
Old 03-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

okay that makes sense is there an advantage of one receiver vs the other? i mean i'm guessing satellite receiver is the next new big thing. is it better? seems a hassle to have to bind with a regular receiver and then install the satellite receiver not to mention if you don't own either you would have to buy both. kinda expensive to buy the one just for binding.
Old 03-08-2015, 10:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought this:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/airplane...iver-spmar6210
I use the satellite only, but I'll have the full sized receiver available in case something went wrong and I had to rebind. The only advantage with the satellite is it's smaller/lighter.
jbobb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2015, 05:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

just another stupid question lol, if you get the satellite version can you also fly it with a full size receiver if you wanted to? so in case you ever decided to buy a satellite receiver you wouldn't have to buy a whole new quad.
Old 03-08-2015, 08:10 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah9 View Post
just another stupid question lol, if you get the satellite version can you also fly it with a full size receiver if you wanted to? so in case you ever decided to buy a satellite receiver you wouldn't have to buy a whole new quad.
Yes. This is from the Helidirect website for the Spektrum model.
And, there's no such thing as a stupid question!

Required To Complete:
  • Pre-Bound Spektrum Satellite or 5 Channel 2.4Ghz Receiver
    • DSM2/DSMX Compatible
  • 3s- 4s LiPo Battery
    • 2200-2600mah Recommended (At Least 35C)
  • 5 Channel 2.4Ghz Transmitter
Old 03-08-2015, 11:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you order the Invertix you have to order a saltelite version or a full size reciever version.

This is programed in the nano wii board.

So No.

From what I understand.

If you buy a satelite version you can only use it with spectrum satelites.

If you buy a full size reciever version you can use it with only full size recievers from, futaba, hitec, jeti, spectrum etc.

Contact tech support for more help.
Old 03-09-2015, 12:59 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

You are correct! I'm really sorry for the misinformation.
Old 08-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default telling the difference between versions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeskiken View Post
When you order the Invertix you have to order a saltelite version or a full size reciever version.

This is programed in the nano wii board.

So No.

From what I understand.

If you buy a satelite version you can only use it with spectrum satelites.

If you buy a full size reciever version you can use it with only full size recievers from, futaba, hitec, jeti, spectrum etc.

Contact tech support for more help.

how do i go about telling which version i bought. i got mine off someone from craigslist.
fatiguedout is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2015, 11:16 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatiguedout View Post
how do i go about telling which version i bought. i got mine off someone from craigslist.
Look at the instruction manual for the Invertix. It shows both styles. If you don't have the manual, you can download it.

The controller board for the external RX has pins you need to connect individually. The Sat version just has one plug to plug in.
GravityJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in