Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > Other R/C Flight Simulators

Other R/C Flight Simulators Other R/C Flight Simulators

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 03:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Absolute RC Heli Simulator for Android

Just wanted to put in a good word for this app. I have been using it on my 7 inch tablet for a few months and I find it is great for practicing orientation and stick movements for certain maneuvers. The physics aren't great. It has wind but it has no ground effect and the controls seem overly sensitive in the high setting. I was pretty skeptical at first but it was surprising how well it worked. It appears to be a port of Clearview. It is expensive as far as apps go but it is dirt cheap for an RC sim. The free version only includes the Blade CX but the paid version comes with the Trex 450. I paid the extra 2.99 to get the Blade 450 3d but it really wasn't worth it since in the app it handles the same as the Trex. Now if someone could set up an interface to use a transmitter with it that would be awesome.
stokbr5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2013, 04:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the review! I've only used it on a small smartphone and I was not all that impressed with the feel, though clearly the programming is well done, and yes it is from the same folks that make ClearView.

Since you are the second one to recommend this I will definitely have to give it a go on my tablet. Like most of us, I'm glad to get some sim time in whenever possible.

Hmmmm.... a bluetooth transmitter to use with this on a tablet. Now that would be cool. Really cool.

rojack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 04:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Re: Absolute RC Heli Simulator for Android

It is entirely different on a tablet. I have it on my smartphone but it just doesn't feel right. On my 7 inch tablet (an original Samsung Galaxy Tab) it's great since the stick spacing is almost identical to my DX6i.
stokbr5 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-20-2013, 08:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The ability to connect a transmitter would be really cool. Then hdmi it to a TV
neomagik is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2015, 03:26 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know this is an old thread but just been looking at the same thing. Have tried the RC sims on the ph but trying to use the sticks on the screen is hopeless. Not even close.

Has anyone tried one of these? Not exactly the same as a normal TX but would be better than the screen sticks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-B...-/281489880129
helimaddness is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 08:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helimaddness View Post
Has anyone tried one of these? Not exactly the same as a normal TX but would be better than the screen sticks.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Wireless-B...-/281489880129
I haven't used one on my phone, but I tried an Xbox 360 controller on my computer sim, and it's notI worth it in my opinion. The main problem (assuming it acts like other controllers I've used) is the joysticks are spring loaded to return to center. I found that to be especially problematic for throttle control. I tried it once thinking I could at least get orientation practice, but it just threw me off too much to be useful.
Mooncatt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2015, 09:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah right. Maybe can pull the controller apart and take the spring out of the throttle stick. Might be closer? I find the on screen joysticks totally hopeless. I can barely hover the heli using it and I have been flying for 3 years and comfortable with mild 3D. Funnels, backwards hurricanes, half pyro flips etc.

Flew a mates DJI Inspire 1 the other day. It was totally weird like that as well. The throttle springs to the center. So throttle is always in the middle which is hover position. When you arm it the motors start spinning. Go stick up it goes up. Let it spring back to center and it just sits there in GPS position hold more. Fly it around just let the sticks go it brakes, stops and just sits there where ever you let it. Totally strange. Makes them fairly uncrashable for the average Muppet I guess.

Cheers
helimaddness is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in