Aurora 9x plus maxima 9 problem? - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Hitec Radios

Hitec Radios Hitec Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2015, 01:47 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizmo View Post
I don't have any issues with the 3gx. It always has worked just fine for me.
The 9x had a problem.. Even one of my thr curves went over 100% by it self!! How is that possible. Anyways I got a new one now.

But the other thing happened today that made my 700 pro dfc crash severly. By my mistake I forgot to turn of the 700. Then I selected a different model in the aurora 9x. At that time the 700 spun up fast, tipped over and slammed the tarmac pretty bad, non stop. Rotor head kept spinning until I dare to approach it and turned it of. This was an extreme dangerous situation!
What I don't understand is that how is this possible? The 700 has a maxima 9 and the other model an optima 7. I didn't even turn the optima on yet and the 700 went like crazy. This should 'r be possible.

This has been a really expensive tx so far! First crash cost me about 400 usd, and this one, few weeks later, about 350 usd!!!

I live in the Netherlands and I bought the tx/rx in the UK. Shouldn'tHitec compensate me in any way? Especially for that first crash and also I believe that what happened today shouldn't be possible!!,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wait am I missing something you say here that you made a mistake and switched model memory with your 700 still powered on and it freaked out and crashed? Was there another crash related to a radio issue? I wouldn't think hitec would be responsible for a user error.

There is no model match on the Aurora's and I kinda like it that way I run a couple models with the same memory so I can run two heli's back to back without messing with the radio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2015, 10:30 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I now use futaba also but my crashes were on maxima receivers that now have been replaced because they fessed up and told me that there were problems with that receiver. So far so good for my dad that now is flying my hitec radio on optima receivers
nappyroots2182 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-02-2015, 12:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182 View Post
I now use futaba also but my crashes were on maxima receivers that now have been replaced because they fessed up and told me that there were problems with that receiver. So far so good for my dad that now is flying my hitec radio on optima receivers
Did hitec tell you there was a problem with maxima's? I'm using a Maxima SL on one of my goblins and haven't experienced anything yet.
I like the optima receivers I just wanted cleaner wiring with the SL.
Old 04-03-2015, 07:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Careful man. 3 guys here in AUS had failures and crashes going the MAXIMA SL route. If your running vbar it wont show you anything in the logs but if you can connect it to a SPARTAN which reads errors within .01sec it will show you errors all over the log.

I have written to HITEC, they seem not to be concerned with the LOCKOUTS we have experienced with the MAXIMA SL.

One of the pilots has put the OPTIMA back on, guess what the LOGS are clean. I hope HITEC comes out of the shadows on this one and cough up.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:02 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lighty View Post
Careful man. 3 guys here in AUS had failures and crashes going the MAXIMA SL route. If your running vbar it wont show you anything in the logs but if you can connect it to a SPARTAN which reads errors within .01sec it will show you errors all over the log.

I have written to HITEC, they seem not to be concerned with the LOCKOUTS we have experienced with the MAXIMA SL.

One of the pilots has put the OPTIMA back on, guess what the LOGS are clean. I hope HITEC comes out of the shadows on this one and cough up.
That sucks I really liked it on my one goblin. Was it a range issue or just a random lockout issue? I do have another optima laying around.
I have it running with an Align Gpro so no logging.

I wonder if something like this non-hitec minima would be an option? https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=60516
Old 04-03-2015, 05:43 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Website fly far at all, it's mostly all 3d on the deck style with some moderate big air.
Old 04-06-2015, 05:52 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Website fly far at all, it's mostly all 3d on the deck style with some moderate big air.
Been testing this with sbus seems to work well with AccuRC wonder if it's a better option for a single link RX with the 9 and 9X?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=60516

The Maxima SL was all twitchy and flew strange with the sim but that cheap one appears to be glitch free. I may have to try it on a model.
Old 04-07-2015, 08:26 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

The SL I don't know. I assumed it would be ok since its a newer model then the normal maxima. I prefer to use the optimas and keep the on screen voltage anyway. I didn't need the extra speed or sbus.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:10 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

So far Hitec has told me that there was an issue with the Maxima early in production outside of the U.S. and that there shouldn't be a problem with mine if I just purchased it. I purchased mine from Australia. So a serial number would be nice to know which models are affected.
I really didn't like that I'm flying it on a $1000+ heli and hoping that the RX wont crap out this isn't really comforting. I'm still waiting to hear back if there's some sort of serial number or something that could determine if it's the rx issue from early production.

Also the guy suggested I use foam underneath it to absorb vibration. That's really odd too when was an RX susceptible to vibration and a failure due to vibration?
Old 04-07-2015, 06:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rxs should always be kept from vibrations. i have had good luck with thick velco over the past few years but in my nitro days they were always wrapped in foam rubber.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:35 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182 View Post
Rxs should always be kept from vibrations. i have had good luck with thick velco over the past few years but in my nitro days they were always wrapped in foam rubber.
never knew that there's no sensors in them so why would vibrations affect them? my Maxima SL is stuck on with gyro tape so it has some padding.
Old 04-08-2015, 05:31 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would not fly the maxima sl and contact hitec immediately
Old 04-08-2015, 07:34 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I would not fly the maxima sl and contact hitec immediately
I did contact them and they said it shouldn't be a problem with a newer RX I don't really like the "shouldn't be a problem" I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I want a serial number or something so I can be 100% sure.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:18 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

The MAXIMA sl has been only sold in AUS. All three sales have had crashes. I wish you all the best with your maiden.
Old 04-08-2015, 10:12 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The MAXIMA sl has been only sold in AUS. All three sales have had crashes. I wish you all the best with your maiden.
I've been flying it all along I'm just worried that It will fail one time.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:30 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I mentioned the issue I've had with the maxima rx to hitec via the hs. It has been a year now.. nothing so far from Hitec!! Lost a 700 heli..
pizmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-08-2015, 08:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

i sent my maxima 9s in with a repair form and noted that i didnt trust them after losing a plane and also dont want them anymore. i asked if i could swap for some optimas. they replaced them both no questions asked. just send them in with a note asking what you need

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.