Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Invertix 400 Multirotor Support

Invertix 400 Multirotor Support Invertix 400 Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2015, 04:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Invertix 400 orientation issues

I am a long-time helicopter pilot, and I just purchased an invertix 400. While I enjoy flying, I do find it much more difficult to fly than any of my helicopters. As it gets farther away from me, I find it very difficult to gauge orientation. With a helicopter, I have a lot better sense of orientation due to the large rotor disk and differentiation between the pod and boom.

With the invertix, I have had one crash so far (breaking 3 rotors), and one minor tip breaking 1. Both were due to difficulties with orientation and doing the wrong stick inputs. I think this is due to the very symmetrical nature of the quad. After about 8 flights, I feel like I am still having trouble with orientation when I do larger circuits- especially side-on.

Does anyone have any pointers, tips or tricks? Do you generally fly your invertix closer to you than your helicopter? Is there a model in RealFlight that you use to help practice?

Thanks for listening!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2015, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is different than a helicopter in that you don't see the blades and boom. You have to use the color of the canopy and remember orientation. I put lights on mine. They help a bit but it is the color on the canopy that helps the most and practise.

I have a Stingray 500 as well. The same issue there. You have to play close attention to your position.

You can upload the Stingray 500 quad into Realfight from knife edge swap pages.
Old 05-06-2015, 02:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've mounted the new NEO V2 props in two different colors. On the front a pair of green ones, and on the back two white ones. The orientation became slightly better.
Old 05-06-2015, 11:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I bought some of those as well. My current issues seem to be determining whether the model is tilted towards me or away from me. At slight angles, it is difficult to tell. Maybe I will put one color blades on the right side and a different color on the left side. I downloaded the stingray model, and I will practice with that. Thanks for your input!
Old 05-07-2015, 02:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

You have to fly closer and at perfect light conditions.
Old 07-23-2015, 02:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Echopoint,

I just purchased the Invertix 400 - built it today, but still have to solder the XT-60 connectors to my batteries and check motor rotation/controls. Anyway, much like yourself I came for the heli world. Last year I bought a Blade BNF Nano QX. It was different at first, but knowing that I wasn't going to hurt much if I crashed the Nano, I just turned loose and flew it however I wanted. It did not take long at all to catch on. I got about 120 flights or so on the Nano before it gave up on me. They are so much fun. You might want to consider getting the Nano QX and using it for training. If you can develop the sills to keep orientation on a Nano, that should make keeping orientation on the Invertix a breeze as just the canopy on the Invertix is bigger than the Nano. Just a thought..

Kenny

Spektrum DX6i, DX9, Blade mCP X, Blade Nano QX, Parkzone VisionAire, RealFlight 6
KennyC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2015, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

One of the things that will help y'all is to install the LED's from Encore for the Invertix. These lights are a big help for orientation.
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2015, 02:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

if you go led , I would go 'stick leds on the bottom' and just the invertix led at the top side.
I have 1 very bright on the underside of the invertix. so I see it flashing by when I flip it or I seek the orientation on the model. As said topside is easy with the canopy (doesn't really need leds top imho, I have the invertix leds inside the canopy).

IMHO , in the end , its a mind thing when you go from Heli to Quads ( I'm a helicopter pilot and I was also looking for the tail), you will have to adapt to this, you're mind must accept that the model doesn't have a tail to give it 'obvious' orientation.
But if your have all orientations down , it its a beauty to fly in 'any' orientation (always the same behaviour , no drag sideways etc... ).
So where with my heli's I still have a like an automatic 'tail in upright rescue orientation' which I try to get to.
With the invertix , I have learned 'upright' is ok orientation, my orientations have improved ALOT with the invertix.

Last edited by zomaar; 07-24-2015 at 04:32 AM..
zomaar is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-24-2015, 08:35 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually find it easier to keep my orientation on the INVERTIX than a heli because of the brightly colored canopy and the LED lights. I put my lights on the booms toward the ends close to the motors. Also I have the new V2 props on with white in the back and black props in the front. The different colored props helps but I mainly focus on the colored body-canopy and the LED lights.

Gaui X3-Spartan VX1n | Gaui X4 II-Spirit RS | Gaui X7-Spartan VX1n | Gaui R5 V2-DEMON AXON |
JETI DS-14 | JETI DS-16 Gen2
iscripter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2015, 06:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all the input. My LED's are on the top, so I never see them. I will relocate to the bottom.

What IS great about the invertix is that all my crashes result just a couple of blades. I can handle that! So much better than a heli. My canopy is all beat up to hell, but that's nothing a little tape can't fix!

I am getting better. I think I just need more practice and confidence.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in