Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Invertix 400 Multirotor Support

Invertix 400 Multirotor Support Invertix 400 Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2015, 01:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Won't lift off straight

Erratic flight. Can't seem to figure it out. It will not lift off straight. Keeps wanting to go sideways and breaks the props ? I have checked all the wiring, prop direction, motor direction, change to two different receivers, tried to adjust trim but still wants to tip over and break the props ? S
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2015, 04:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF MR Support

You haven't provided many specifics, but this sounds like either a mis-oriented controller or ESCs that need to be calibrated.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-31-2015, 08:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I bought it used. The frame was missing the landing gear one arm was bent and he ground the frame. So I dismantled it. Replace the frame, one arm and the wires from the Nano Wii board to the receiver. It is a full receiver version.

At first I put it together with a Spectrum AR8000 receiver and Satelite. I checked all the rotations for the motors and props. The first time I take off from the grass and hover it. Then I take it out back where there is more room. I go to lift off and it flips on its side really fast breaks all the props. I take it inside install new props take it outside same thing. It was really windy that day. Took it back inside changed the props tested the directions of all the motors took it out on the front lawn get tried to get light on the skids and test all directions to see if they are correct. Everything seems good but when you try and lift off it wants to flip on its side. I had increased the trim for one direction, then it seems to want to flip forward increased the trim but still no good. I had the trim up to 25 to 36. So I reduced the trims to zero took it in the garage and tried to just get light on the skids and set trims. Still if I increase the trim so it doesn't want to flip sideways the it wants to flip forward. Once I get both of those pretty high then it wants to rotate. Can't seem to get it to lift off straight.

I took it inside and changed the receiver to Futaba and copied the file from my other newer working Invertix. Took it outside and the same it wants to flip. Only broke two props.

Took the plate off to get at the Nano Wii better and traced all the wires from the ESCs to make sure again I have them in the correct order. Which they are. The Nano Wii board has the arrow pointing forward. I have broke at least 12 props. Can't seem to trim it out ? Not sure if it is the board or something ?

I flew my other newer Invertix today and it flies great.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Plug it in to your computer

Try running the MultiWiiConf app and plug the board into your computer via USB port. Make sure that all of the controls from your transmitter are registered and that when you rotate the invertix, you are seeing the correct response from the gyro (IE, it's registering the correct ROLL, Pitch, and YAW)

Best of luck!

Michael
Old 06-02-2015, 04:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine is actually doing the same thing last saturday that's why I stopped flying it. It happened the first time 2 weeks ago when I hovered it about 20 feet away from me. It hovered about 4 ft high and then it did a backflip towards me...almost hitting my wifes car, breaking 2 props. I then replaced the props and went to the field and flew it. While on my first pack I was doing circuits and while I was turning right it flipped on its side again, breaking 3 props. Replaced the props and went flying, it was fine till I finished all my 3 packs.

Last saturday I went to the field and flew it. Same thing, while I was turning right towards me, it does the backflip again breaking 2 props. At this point I told myself I'm never flying this again as I am afraid that it will fail and will hurt somebody or damage property.

The ESCs and the BEC are all brand new, so I don't think it has anything to do with those. I am heavily suspecting a bad rear right motor that stops in mid flight making the quad flip front up. I had just spent $130 for the BEC and the ESCs and I am not spending another dime for a new motor.

Sadly, I am finally done with this thing. It was good when it worked but it was really frustrating when it failed. I'm getting rid of mine and getting either a 300 CFX or a 450 sized CP heli.
Pabling is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2015, 06:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You should contact customer support. Bobby is excellent.

Another reason why we should never fly too close to people. Including ourselves. If you have a glitch or mechanical failure with a larger collective pitch helicopter they can do a lot of damage as well.

I am still working out the issue with mine. I adjusted the trim and want to test mine again. The first Invertix I have has been flawless. It flies great. It is a new kit.

Last edited by Freeskiken; 06-03-2015 at 12:18 AM..
Freeskiken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2015, 12:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeskiken View Post

I am still working out the issue with mine. I adjusted the trim and want to test mine again. The first Invertix I have has been flawless. It flies great. It is a new kit.
Let me know if you fix it and what you did.
Pabling is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-08-2015, 08:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Email tech support with your problem.

I will let you know when I can.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Nano WII board on my used one is damaged. It will have to be replaced. I sent it to Bobby Watts to look at. Great service !!!!!
Old 06-17-2015, 10:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The factory (Bobby) replaced the Nano Wii board and it is on the way back to me. Can't say enough about the great service.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in