Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR Control

Mikado V-BAR Control Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Control Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2015, 06:33 AM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I believe Edge 100 handles 175A on insensitive current settings so you are good. If you want more info (temperature) read out the castle logs for the ESC using Castle software. New Castles really are stellar too, I only run Castles at the moment and I wouldn't change them for anything.
Only the ground is the limit!
LinusLarsson is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2015, 06:57 AM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinusLarsson View Post
I believe Edge 100 handles 175A on insensitive current settings so you are good. If you want more info (temperature) read out the castle logs for the ESC using Castle software. New Castles really are stellar too, I only run Castles at the moment and I wouldn't change them for anything.
Very nice thanks. I do like the castles they pair well with vbars and I like the software and programming of the esc. I'll have to check the logs but with my temperature gun it's not exceeding 110-120 degrees F on a 90 degree day.

Thanks again for the software. Mikado should pay you for it you've made their product twice as nice with your contribution.
If I had another fbl system I would switch just because of your program.
Old 08-03-2015, 11:57 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is an absolutely fantastic tool and a must for all VControl users. Kudos to you Linus! And thanks for the hard work you put into this.

This thread should also be a sticky.
Goblin 500 Sport w/ Xnova/BK/Jive & NEO (rebuilt)
dominoedge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-05-2015, 01:36 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the kind words!

But without further ado, it's time to announce a new release, v2.6.0!

This release is pretty much all about the UI graph. It's now possible to hide the values you are not interested in (Current and Power at the same time is just too much).

The Min, Max and Average values now changes to show in the visible range when you Zoom.

Fixed the "How do you open the UI graph problem", hopefully it's more straightforward now. Thanks to oliver1071 for the suggestion!

The release can be downloaded as vcontrol-gui.exe at:

https://github.com/Lussarn/vcontrol-...ses/tag/v2.6.0

Always remember, the link in the first post of this thread always take you to the latest release!

/wish i were there
Linus

The UI graph show some low head speed 3D, which is perfectly possible even on 12S low PWM, Castle ESC. IF you read and understand your logs!
Old 08-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very cool

Not sure if anyone else cleans up the database but it may be helpful for the removal of models or batteries. Easy enough for me to go in to sqlite and remove models that the vcontrol creates if you power up before you rename the Other 500 or Other 700 etc.
But others may not be able to.

I guess that may cross the line though since I had to remove the entries from the control and the database some people may not like deletion of records from the control's files.
Unless your imports are date driven and only import newer records.
Haven't looked at the source code.
Old 08-05-2015, 07:07 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Now even better.
Lu523 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2015, 12:46 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver1071 View Post
Not sure if anyone else cleans up the database but it may be helpful for the removal of models or batteries. Easy enough for me to go in to sqlite and remove models that the vcontrol creates if you power up before you rename the Other 500 or Other 700 etc.
But others may not be able to.
I don't think I will add these features, it would add complexity.

However!

The way it should work completely untested, is that you should only see models and batteries you used on the season you select. Since I only have Season 2015 it may not work yet This way models you sold off or batteries retired should not be seen forever.

The current season will be the default when you start the program, I will look into this more in January 2016.

This is my thoughts about it and I think it will work to reduce the clutter.
Old 08-06-2015, 06:18 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't think I will add these features, it would add complexity.

However!

The way it should work completely untested, is that you should only see models and batteries you used on the season you select. Since I only have Season 2015 it may not work yet This way models you sold off or batteries retired should not be seen forever.

The current season will be the default when you start the program, I will look into this more in January 2016.

This is my thoughts about it and I think it will work to reduce the clutter.

Yeah not worth the effort if it's self cleaning anyway. I had bunch of garbage from the initial Vcontrol conversions so I just purged the records. I guess if you ever did revisit the topic it could be a simple solution with an Inactive flag that you set on a battery or model to hide them from the display without removing the records.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:10 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Have to say I'm loving the software. Setting up a new g380/neo and it's so easy to see I need to bump up my gearing on this G380 PWM just can't keep up and I want at least 200-300 more rpm.

Old 08-09-2015, 10:28 AM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Have to say I'm loving the software. Setting up a new g380/neo and it's so easy to see I need to bump up my gearing on this G380 PWM just can't keep up and I want at least 200-300 more rpm.
How do you know, by looking at the pmw, that you need to change your gearing?

Thanks

VControl, Neo, Hobbywing, Goblin 570(s)
povern is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-09-2015, 10:53 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by povern View Post
How do you know, by looking at the pmw, that you need to change your gearing?

Thanks
The pwm line I'm running out and not able to maintain the desired head speed throughout the entire flight.
Old 08-16-2015, 06:33 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

200th flight tonight since June with the Analyzer.
Good stuff

I can't wait to see what a full season looks like next year.

I didn't realize I flew this much you'd think I would be better at it
Old 08-18-2015, 12:17 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

290 cycles since mars, 25h in the air...

Old 08-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love the program. thank you Linus.
Lynx
el guapo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-25-2015, 01:00 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm lifting this up a bit.

No new version this time I'm afraid. Just a reminder that if you have any problems with the program, whatever it is, never be afraid to contact me about it. There may be some small things I have not accounted for which make it not work for you. If you have a problem it's probably a 10 minute fix for me.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:40 AM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been trying to think of enhancement ideas but it's pretty perfect now. Only idea I could think of was maybe a per cell Idle voltage so you get a quick visual of your per cell resting voltage. But I didn't notice anywhere in the logs where it provided a cell count to divide the voltage by.

Rx voltage would be cool to. Shame it's not logged that I can see. Would be nice to see if you're close to browning out or having bec issues. I assume that the vbar alert log would have something though if you're dropping to low so that's probably not necessary either.
Old 08-25-2015, 10:52 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Rx voltage would be cool to. Shame it's not logged that I can see. Would be nice to see if you're close to browning out or having bec issues. I assume that the vbar alert log would have something though if you're dropping to low so that's probably not necessary either.
It should alert you with a red cell background in the VBar log column, I believe there was one person with exactly this message.

Cell voltages is not possible, not logged.

The only thing logged I don't use is the data from the GPS, but it's only a kml track at the moment. I feel this is not useful for anything, and Mikado gave some pointers they where working on better GPS logging. We have to wait and see.

I have gone forward and back in my head about a "notes" column. It's a good thing, but it breaks the "everything in this program is automatic" rule. So I have to think about this some more...

I have not forgot about your icon, it will make the next update to the program, but it may be a while.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:08 AM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
It should alert you with a red cell background in the VBar log column, I believe there was one person with exactly this message.

Cell voltages is not possible, not logged.

The only thing logged I don't use is the data from the GPS, but it's only a kml track at the moment. I feel this is not useful for anything, and Mikado gave some pointers they where working on better GPS logging. We have to wait and see.

I have gone forward and back in my head about a "notes" column. It's a good thing, but it breaks the "everything in this program is automatic" rule. So I have to think about this some more...

I have not forgot about your icon, it will make the next update to the program, but it may be a while.
Yeah I don't think there's really much that can be added as far as information. Cell voltage was just a thought based on IdleV divided by # of cells. For a quick visual. if cell count isn't logged then it would be an interesting calculation based on starting voltage to determine the number of cells. there's overlap though with partially charged lipos so I don't think it could be 100% accurate don't know.

I don't know if people run a mix of heli's with the sensor and without a sensor. Maybe it could pull the flights without the sensor if only for the vbar log and # of flights.
I only have one heli without the sensor so that one doesn't get tracked.
No rush with the icon I'm just glad that you liked it.
Old 08-25-2015, 11:25 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I don't know if people run a mix of heli's with the sensor and without a sensor. Maybe it could pull the flights without the sensor if only for the vbar log and # of flights.
You could technically do this, it would not be a great solution though. But thanks for the idea. The VBar logs are rotated in the control and you may miss flights. All flights would not show up if you use the analyzer on another computer and so on. I will not implement this because off the drawbacks.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:44 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default time is not right

I have a question.

I did 4 flight today. the software see's 4 flights. But the date is not right. today is is 30-8-2015. But de the software tels me: 23-8-2015.
The date in the vbarcontrol is 30-8-2015 and that from the computer is also30-8-2015. Where could be the misstake??
tf-zuid is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in