Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Invertix 400 Multirotor Support

Invertix 400 Multirotor Support Invertix 400 Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2015, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Satellite version signal loss or ???

I've twice had my Invertix stop responding in air for a brief period. Once resulted in a nasty crash, today I was able to save it.

I'm running the Spektrum version using a DX6.

The first crash I was doing a high speed pass and came to pull up into a quick stop. I flipped the quad into the forward flight and snapped the motors into reverse to stop. It seemed to lose response for a split second and started falling out of the sky. With the speed and loss of orientation, I put it in hard.

Today, I was doing traveling forward flips. I started coming back towards me doing a backflip, but its more of a graceful arching kind of movement. Kinda hard to describe. But doing the backflips, it seemed to have lost control again. It started falling and I had no to little throttle response. It came back a couple feet off the deck and I was able to bury the power and save it.

Has anyone else seen this? I'm not sure if it's a RX brownout or a signal loss or maybe an issue with the flight controller.

Does anyone know of a way I can check to see if it was a signal loss?
GravityJunkie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2015, 06:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I havent seen it. I use the full reciever version but maybe try another reciever. Do the antena have a clear path to the TX ?
Old 08-27-2015, 03:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not had any issues. I have a DSX satellite and DX9 transmitter. If you have a spare satellite, try that first, although it could be costly if it is not that.
fultonr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2015, 12:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had a signal loss für 1-2 seconds, too.
I replaced the satellite by a carbon fuselage version with longer antennas. Never had signal losses again.
Old 09-02-2015, 12:50 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have the satellite version and use a DX9 and I have flown it fairly far away at the flying field and have not experienced a problem. However, on the other hand, I had a Blade 450 with a DX6i and all at once the heli did not respond to any inputs and it was no further than about 50 - 75 feet from me. Also used that DX6i on a foam plane and lost all control, but did gain it back on the plane, the heli was a total loss. (Horizon did replace the entire heli combo, but never admitted to finding any problems.) From that point on, I have never trusted a DX6/DX6i. You millage may vary.

Spektrum DX6i, DX9, Blade mCP X, Blade Nano QX, Parkzone VisionAire, RealFlight 6
KennyC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in