Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Invertix 400 Multirotor Support

Invertix 400 Multirotor Support Invertix 400 Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2015, 10:07 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The week has now gone by and not a single word from Bobby Watts (reference my post above).

Spektrum DX6i, DX9, Blade mCP X, Blade Nano QX, Parkzone VisionAire, RealFlight 6
KennyC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2015, 11:23 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyC View Post
I did send a copy of the email to Bobby via the address that Gravity Junkie provided. He did respond and said that he is on vacation but will be back sometime this week and look into it and get back to me. I have thought long and hard over the weekend and I've decided to go ahead and finish the Invertix and fly it. I did buy extra props, landing gear, and arms when I ordered the kit. I know if I try to sell it I'll take a beating so I'm just going to fly it. Hopefully when I need parts in the future I can find them elsewhere unless Bobby gets back and we come to a resolution over this.

Happy Flying!
Kenny

Maybe he is still on holidays. It is that time of year.

Build it and fly it. You won't regret it. It flies awesome and the model is great. Good design, inexpensive parts, easy build, reasonable price.

What do you need to know, maybe someone on the forum can help ?
Old 08-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Freeskiken, nothing that I am needing to know. The issue is over an email reply that I received from someone at Encore RC concerning an order. The reply was condescending, which really irked me being that I bought their product and thus a customer.

Spektrum DX6i, DX9, Blade mCP X, Blade Nano QX, Parkzone VisionAire, RealFlight 6
Old 08-01-2015, 05:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Soldered the T-60 connectors to my three 4S Pulse batteries today and tested the motor rotation. Can't believe all four were correct directional rotation. I would like to mention that if you are using a DX9 with the Spektrum Satellite version that Aux2 needs to be reversed. I don't think you reverse Aux2 on a DX8, at least the manual doesn't say to. Installed the props, took it outside did one more last test, all looked well. Flew really small and slow circuits - going through all three batteries. I have a small back yard so I could not do much, but as I get a better feel for it I'm sure I can do more than I did with it today. It does handle well and the wind was blowing about 4 - 5 mph and didn't seem to have any effect. A 4 - 5 mph wind with the Nano QX would have bounced it all around. So far I am happy with it. I'll report back when I able to get out to the field and fly it. Maybe next week.

Old 08-01-2015, 10:16 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Pabling, I too had sent an email asking a support question after I ordered the Invertix. I bought the carbon fiber Spektrum satellite edition. I wanted to go ahead and set my radio (DX9) up before my order came. I asked about the 22ms or the 11ms transmitter setting and which one (or both) the Invertix would support. I also asked about where Bobby mentioned in his build video that he would put out information about setting up throttle hold (actually disarm) at a later date. No response from them on these questions. Only response I've received is the condescending one to my order inquiry. Sorry that you too did not receive support. Positive/good customer service is a must for me in this hobby. Guess I will just stick with HH products, as their CS if fantastic. This makes me even more sure of my decision that I'm just going to put it all up for sale.
I have been talking to Steve petrotto about them making a larger 3D quad. he said the interest just hasn't been there. Plaese contact HH or Blade and let them know you would be interested in one. the 200QX is just a little underpowered for good 3D, and the ESC reverses too slow.
stevespirosezgoin81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2015, 03:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I finally received an email from Bobby today and he apologized for the unprofessional email I had received. Although I don't think Bobby was the one that needed to apologize.

I still haven't made it out to the flying field with the Invertix, just flying around in my back yard.

Old 08-11-2015, 04:06 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevespirosezgoin81 View Post
I have been talking to Steve petrotto about them making a larger 3D quad. he said the interest just hasn't been there. Plaese contact HH or Blade and let them know you would be interested in one. the 200QX is just a little underpowered for good 3D, and the ESC reverses too slow.
As another option, this is an Armattan 3D Quad prototype 400mm.
If there is enough interest it will become an Armattan product.
Armattan frames comes with a lifetime warranty.
The frame is amazingly agile and nimble, wish I could fly like Bobby Watts, this is what I can do with it with my limited skills.
Armattan CF400 3D (Large flying area) (2 min 27 sec)

Armattan CF400 3D (Small flying area) (2 min 13 sec)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Armattan CF400 3D.jpg (51.3 KB, 26 views)
Codepox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2015, 04:23 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Nice flying Codepox! Can you elaborate on the lifetime warranty on the frame? What is it made of?

Thanks!
Kenny

Old 08-11-2015, 05:47 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Nice flying Codepox! Can you elaborate on the lifetime warranty on the frame? What is it made of?

Thanks!
Kenny
Thanks.
I am only the designer of the frame, which is a collaboration between Michel Morin who did all the CAD design, Chris who owns Armattan and myself, also responsible for testing and tuning.

The frame is 100% 3k carbon, arms are 5mm thick.
The frame is very very rigid, no flex in the arms which makes it very precise and you can tune it very tight.
A lot of attention, also, has been put in the weight distribution, 2/3 of the battery sits above the plane of the propellers which makes it very agile and nimble, minimal pendulum effect.

This is a prototype, only two have been build so far, and as you can see in the video it flies very well and beyond my expectation.
When flying 3D, especially when first learning how to fly inverted is going to end up in a lot of crashes.
This is the idea behind a frame with similar or better performance that existing product but build very strong and backed up with a lifetime warranty.
Armattan is known for their high quality products and extremely good customer support.
Armattan in based in Taiwan but shipping is fixed price $5 and takes usually 7 to 8 days to USA.
Here is more information about the lifetime warranty:
http://www.armattanquads.com/world-o...mattans-story/
The short version is "Crash it, break it and we'll replace it. For life!"

We are testing to see if there an interest for this type of frame to make it a product.
If you have any question, you can also contact Chris at [email protected]
Old 08-11-2015, 07:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kenny,

Bobby's been at IRCHA which is probably why you haven't gotten as quick a reply from him. I'm glad you have everything sorted out now. He really does provide great personal service in my experience.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:10 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Codepox,

Thank you for your response. I went to the Armattan site and read Chris's story. Intriguing. What do you think the price point may be for a 3D 400 quad or perhaps a 500 version? Have you started a thread about this? I would imagine that there would be many interested.

Kenny

Old 08-11-2015, 07:14 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by echopoint View Post
Kenny,

Bobby's been at IRCHA which is probably why you haven't gotten as quick a reply from him. I'm glad you have everything sorted out now. He really does provide great personal service in my experience.
Thank you echopoint!

Kenny

Old 08-11-2015, 07:26 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Codepox,

Thank you for your response. I went to the Armattan site and read Chris's story. Intriguing. What do you think the price point may be for a 3D 400 quad or perhaps a 500 version? Have you started a thread about this? I would imagine that there would be many interested.

Kenny
For the pricing question, I'll defer to Chris, just email him at [email protected], he is usually fast to reply.
Now, we only have the 400. Going forward what I had in mind was actually going smaller, may be around 260 size, easy to carry around, fly in backyard or everywhere, but nothing is decided yet.

No thread has been started yet, I have only been posting on the general Armattan thread on RCGroups.
Old 08-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like my Invertix a lot but I wouldn't mind having a 250 size. I just haven't gotten around to designing one up and cutting the frames. I may have to do that if I can find some props that are symmetrical like the Invertix so that I don't have to design them myself. I would prefer to buy a 250 size if one is available.
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2015, 10:11 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Codepox,
Kenny
I just had a conversation with Chris this morning, it is not on the Armattan WEB site yet but the frame is now available.
Price of the frame with the hardware and lifetime warranty is $85 plus $5 shipping.
The frame is made of the best 3K Carbon and aluminum standoff.
The size is 400 mm motor to motor, arm thickness is 5mm.
The center section is compose of 3 plates:
- Bottom plate is 2mm thick
- Center plate is 2.5mm thick
- Top plate is 2mm thick
I weighted mine ready to fly without battery at 652g and I am using Afro HV 20A ESCs which are big and heavy.

For comparison, I weighted other frames ready to fly without battery but including receiver, propellers, battery strap, which are usually not included in manufacturers advertised number
- Invertix 400 Carbon edition: 655g
- Align LEAP 450 (boom and boom holder are plastic not carbon): 640g
- Aerialfreaks Hyper 400: 685g
- JR Ninja 400MR: 663g

To order the frame, just contact Chris at [email protected]
Old 09-03-2015, 08:41 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Invertix has now been discontinued.

http://www.encorerc.com/invertix-400-3d-multirotor/

Great for them to provide 3d files for 3d printing of spare parts.
Pabling is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2015, 01:16 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

I don't see the 3D cad files posted yet. Do you have a link for them???
iscripter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2015, 01:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

They said they are posting em soon. Probably not there yet
Pabling is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2015, 06:40 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

The CAD files are up. Bobby posted IGS and STEP files along with DXF for the flat CF parts.
TMoore is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in