Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Spreading Wings Multirotor Support

Spreading Wings Multirotor Support Spreading Wings Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2015, 08:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question S1000, Z15 Gimbal, NEX7 and DX8 Programming help

I have a S1000 with NEX7, Z15 gimbal and DX8 and I cannot for the life of me get the gimbal to operate correctly, Modes, Shutter, FPV, etc. Right now I have from the GCU to the AR8000 RX, AUX3 to AUX 3, AUX 2 to Mode, Shutter to Gear, Pan to Rudder, Tilt to Elev., Roll to Aile. The gimbal does initialize and all the pan, tilt and roll work but then it starts freaking out and spinning erratically because I don't have the flight modes set correctly along with head trace, up/down. I would sincerely appreciate on how to set up the DX8 with the Z15 GCU. Acro or Heli?, etc, endpoints in pitch or throttle. Also when I go to switch selection everything remains INH and I can't change it. Thank you graciously for reading through this and offering any assistance. Thank You!
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2015, 11:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I've seemed to get everything working except the Reset to center mode, it just chatters and go'es ballistic. It will not center, it just finds it's own place and calls it forward, this is the third NEX7 gimbal, the other two were bad out of the box, now i'm questioning this one. Any advice, links will greatly appreciated! It does initialize in the forward position on start up but any command to give it a reset to center just cause a gimbal that go's into spin mode.Thank You!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
HF MR Support

You probably already know this, but if you're powering a VTX from the Z15's GCU, you need to be careful not to overload it or things can happen. I think it's recommended that it be nothing bigger than something in the range of DJI's 5.8gHz link.

Pilot, Team Lavaquad
Big Island Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015, 11:42 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

There's nothing being powered off the GCU except the GCU, everything else go's through the MarkII OSD. My issue is I cannot get it to return to center, and everything is on the Flight Mode switch. In the Assistant I've got all my endpoints set to where they highlight RED.The gimbal servo motors just growl and then it go's into a radical flip and spin, remind you, this is the third NEX7 Gimbal, this rig has been down for a year! I have three others with the GH3 and 4 and they work perfectly. The one in question belongs to a friend of mine and this just isn't right. It will initialize fine and have full pan, tilt and elevator roll. Doe's somebody out there have DX8 settings for the ZENMUSE Z-15???? Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thank You!
Old 09-21-2015, 11:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

ttt

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in