Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Quick World Wide

Quick World Wide QWW Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #21 (permalink)

Yes it needed parts..I knew it would...my problem was with the quaility of the new parts, I bought for it...a brand new complete one way hub should not have a wobble of .32 my old one tested .03 the first new main gear i bought for it was out of round pretty bad, but to add to the out of round it had a bad wobble also...so I bought another new maingear, it had no wobble what so ever, but was just slightly out of round, which made all the difference in the world...also the brand new auto hub was so tight, i could barely turn it over by hand..I dont think I posted that info public but maybe I did...Im not complaining about the heli, I got it to fly pretty good, but you know all the trouble I have had dealing with "parts" issues...I even took a pic of the 2 auto hubs together showing the difference in size...quality control issues! both should have the same demensions, but they were off, I noticed it when putting on new main gear#2 you had to push very hard to get it to slide on the one way ...and the older one way had a much easier fit being a bit smaller ...anyway like you said, you have had very good luck with them, and thats good for you, but man my luck with them was very bad...and it sounds like Im not the only one...just found all these posts today on here....wish I would have read them about 2 months ago
ozbach is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #22 (permalink)

Shuttle pilot is a very nice person, and I respect what he likes to fly...but I also have the right to express my opinions too....not everybody is going to have the same opinion, Im sorry if it offends you Shuttlepilot, when I talk negative about QWW...but its our freedom of speech..I can understand where you come from, if someone was bashing the quality of Raptors, I would feel exactly the same as you do ... because I have owned 5 raptors, and not once EVER had a quality control issue...infact my very first raptor 30 V1 I learned on a long time ago, still flys awesome...one of my coworkers bought it from me...so I understand how you defend them so much..You have had no issues! very understandable!...Like me ..I would wonder how someone could not like a Raptor, but there are plenty out there...Its just personal expierences that make people like or dislike certain models...but One good thing we all have in common, is we all like to fly Helis..and thats what its all about, building , tinkering and flying!!!..and occasional "bitching" LOL!! Im definately guilty of that for sure!...anyway no hard feelings
ozbach is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAV50 View Post
There is always a lot of confusion with the "QUICK" brand name. This is because there are THREE companies that I know of, that use that name in the R/C helicopter market.

QJ is QUICK JAPAN, which from all I have read, seems to be relatively reputable in product and dealings with customers.

QUK is QUICK UK which also seems relatively reputable like QJ.

Then there is QUICK WORLD WIDE (QWW) out of the USA that seems to have used the name "QUICK" in order to gleam from the relatively good reputation of the other two. From most everything I have read over the years on every forum, this seems to be a company to steer clear of if you can.
who went into business first? anybody know?
rotorhead58d is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2008, 10:55 AM   #24 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quick of Japan was using the name first.
QWW was HHI before they took the QWW name.

David
DavidH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 09:48 AM   #25 (permalink)

Default YES

YEAH, I'VE HAD A QUICK PRO .30 FOR ABOUT 6 YRS. TAKES A POUNDING. FIRST HELI I OWNED. BEFORE ALL THE CHEAP RTF'S THAT R OUT THERE THESE DAYS.
INSAINIACAD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2008, 09:49 AM   #26 (permalink)

YES
INSAINIACAD is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2008, 03:09 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebianDog View Post
MMMMM....

Why don't you PM Magnumeng and ask him.... He has owned 2 or 3 quick helis recently. I think when the clutch shoes ejected though the canopy, it was the last straw. :wink:
That's absolute BS. I have 2 quicks and have owned 1 other. Their clutches are one of the BETTER designs on the market.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuttlepilot View Post
That's absolute BS. I have 2 quicks and have owned 1 other. Their clutches are one of the BETTER designs on the market.
so quick to bash a non advertisers stuff. probably never owned one himself.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:15 AM   #29 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotorhead58d View Post
so quick to bash a non advertisers stuff. probably never owned one himself.
No I don't think Dan has owned a QWW. But I would guess he has seen some of the things I have seen with them.
A few years ago at the Toledo trade show. Went out to the demo area at the motel by the interstate. QWW was there demoing there new 30. Two of them crashed with a few minutes of each other. One the rotor head malfunction and it crashed. The other something happened as soon as it was lifted into a hover and it crashed. Was impressive demo. Same thing at the Jamboree when it was held in Hebron. Demoing a model and something happens and it crashes behind the pits. And the Jamboree in Muncie, a model crashes into an EZ up in the pit area with people sitting under it. All these models were being flown by employees or the owner. So not all these things are fiction. Some of them have actually been witnessed by more than a few people.

David
Old 05-08-2008, 11:58 AM   #30 (permalink)

should i begin rambling about the number of chinese helicopters that i have seen malfunction at shows? if you guys have a problem with irwin, fine. but if this conduct is indicative of the leadership of helifreak, how about we start reporting ALL the bad things that happen with raptors, align, hirobo, etc., etc. get a life
Old 05-08-2008, 12:50 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

C'mon This thread is not about bashing QWW or Irwin. I just wanted to know who had Quicks, because I had one, That's it.....
AMA #913061
"No you can't fly it"
Steeltoes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 01:56 PM   #32 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
should i begin rambling about the number of chinese helicopters that i have seen malfunction at shows? if you guys have a problem with irwin, fine. but if this conduct is indicative of the leadership of helifreak, how about we start reporting ALL the bad things that happen with raptors, align, hirobo, etc., etc. get a life
Guess the truth hurts. HF I don't believe has any problem with any one reporting good or bad problems with any brand heli. I don't have problem with anyone. I was just telling what I had seen happen.

David
Old 05-08-2008, 02:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Me either
AMA #913061
"No you can't fly it"
Steeltoes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #34 (permalink)

qww helis = 3 bad reports

chinese heli's have 89324756892349562397856023894568-923756892376 bad reports

yep, the truth hurts.
Old 05-08-2008, 05:35 PM   #35 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Quote:
qww helis = 3 bad reports

chinese heli's have 89324756892349562397856023894568-923756892376 bad reports

yep, the truth hurts.
When you have 10 or 12 hours to kill. then do some searching if you think it is just 3 bad reports. LOL

David
Old 08-15-2008, 03:54 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used to have a quick 50, and I was very happy with the quality and fit of all the parts. Unfortunately, I was scared to death to fly it because there was ZERO local parts support, and the few parts I did need while I owned it were a PIA to get. So I sold it, and now I have 3 Trex's and a R50SE. Happy as a clam
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0092.jpg
Views:	286
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	59085  
Old 11-21-2008, 12:09 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Octane 20 great experience!

I bought a Octane Dominator 20 at a swap meet. It was in really bad shape. Nothing worked right. I called Irvin from Quick World Wide (QWW) and he told me that if I sent the bad parts, he would replace them . Alternatively, he invited me to come to his shop to help me fix it himself. I drove to his shop and stayed for two days. Not only did he give me a workbench to work on and lent me any tools I did not have but he and his co-workers helped me to bring the heli to perfect shape and test fly it. The heli is now working perfectly. He was really helpful and I highly recommend him. If anyone has a problem with this heli, they should call him as he will help them happily.
I read a few bad reviews on QWW and I just wanted to say that I had a great experience with this shop and Irvin. It was the best service I have ever gotten from any hobby shop.
zjoffe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-28-2011, 07:32 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a Q 30 and can't fault it..... The thing there is the least of on a quick is plastic and the thing it doesn't need is upgrades. As with my bikes, I'd never can another guy's bike unless in Jest and I sure as hell wouldn't can another's heli... Each to their own. If you're happy with what you've got it has to have something going for it. Besides, there are people out there buying and driving Volvos. That says it all.
wezlake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in