Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Leap 450 3D Multirotor Support

Leap 450 3D Multirotor Support Leap 450 3D Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeflyer2 View Post
The lights are from Helidirect, RJX brand I think.

I have now had several dozen crash free flights. Pretty sure the problem was damaged escs. These are very fragile and they can become unreliable after a crash. Keep an eye out for blinking LEDs in flight. This means that an esc needs to be replaced.
Thanks! will do!
Advertisement

Old 01-14-2015, 01:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I continue with my problem, even with new gyro
JulioCL is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 04:24 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If there is one problem with the company it is with control. It's too late reverse multis are out there!

I mean they won't even tell us what the button dose.

Look at this point your hurting your image than helping your customers! www.leap3dquad.com
Old 05-24-2015, 08:19 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CousinLarry View Post
I know the ESCs should be solid while flying.. One of mine started flashing in flight and failed about three minutes later... I knew which was bad because only one was flashing, then that arm would dip every few seconds just for a split second.. Then it died.
Aaah, this is probably what is wrong with my leap!
it is dipping for a split second. I will remove the props and check which arm has this issue.

Update:
No ESC LED flashing was observed in my case. I observed that it was the rear left motor that would dip for a split second. I changed the motor and no more dipping. I am able to fly with more confidence now

Last edited by tomasito; 05-29-2015 at 10:09 AM..
tomasito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2015, 01:33 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

neon paint over the canopy after priming it white.. I used neon orange and neon yellow and wow what a difference!!! Soooo much more fun to fly now.. My eyes are not so great at a distance anymore.. This made my flying night and day better.. haven,t lost orientation since..
ukiah74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2015, 01:50 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had that happen several times and ended up being a weak battery.. I cut down the run time to two minutes on that pack and it stopped shutting down.. If you see the leds blink land asap it means it is detecting a low battery and is going to shut down.. With my bad battery it would just dump when I slammed the collective... lol..... throttle..
Old 09-07-2015, 01:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

They just sent you a new Gyro board? I'm kinda pissed, they made me send mine in. I;m going to call them on Tuesday. I bought mine in Late just, but its still under warranty. But trust me, the Leap is far better than the Hyper 400. I think the leap guts in a Hyper 400 frame would be a winner. You would actually have to use Voltage 500 motors shough since they have langer leads.
stevespirosezgoin81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2015, 10:36 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

What kit did you use to light yours?
stevespirosezgoin81 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-21-2015, 12:18 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

how do you get ahold of the guy at assurance rc to speak to him? I can't get an acual customer support #.. on any search's i have made.. I have two bad boards.. and need some help.. Thanks..
Old 10-25-2015, 07:55 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

my 2 leaps are getting the sudden lost of control problem. it is able to fly for a minute or two, and then suddenly gets out of control.
Both of my leap crashed yesterday with the same incident.
It is a coincident that botch leaps are having the bad gyro board.
The other one I rarely fly.
I will call assurance tomorrow
tomasito is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2015, 10:26 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How many rx says do you run. Maybe your getting a signal lose? Are they flashing after a wreck?
Old 10-29-2015, 02:18 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would create a new model. I am sending in my DX8, because I put a New Gyro, PDB, adn two new ESCs in mien, I went to fly it, and itkept adding throttle and was wobbly. I sent it to assurance, and they said it flew just fine. I also had trouble calibrating my ESC on my mini IKOn in my 180 CFX. I have had some other problems on a 280 Hyper. all on my throttle channel it seems. I called HH and they agreed, and tole me to send it in. No way I;m Flying my Goblin with it messing up like that. SO it could be your TX, or you may need to create a new model. come to think of it. It also statrted do ing this after I used the newest firmware with the fail safe. try using the older firmware too, and see if that takes care of your problem.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in