Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > KDS Helicopters General Discussion

KDS Helicopters General Discussion KDS Helicopters General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2015, 07:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 2016 KDS open or closed ????

Almost every day I check the forums waiting for some sign of life. I'm just wondering when we"ll see some news. Most of the hobby shop have drop the KDS heli line.
Parts are getting harder to find and the KDSusa shop is even out of stock on some basic parts.
Is this just another brand that is going to die the slow death while taking its loyal costumers along for the ride.

??????
goof2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2015, 09:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I totally understand your concerns and do see what you are talking about. I'm in direct contact with KDS USA and the China factory on almost a daily basis, KDS isn't going anywhere anytime soon. I know that with the explosion in popularity in fpv racing, KDS is putting a lot of work into the Kylin racer, but the Agile and Innova machines are still very important to the company and brand. Sales and production of kits and their parts are still in full swing and running strong. The only issues I've heard of was with customs. From what I know, you can get parts in the U.S. from Experience rc, Motion rc and helidirect. I'll find out if there are more, and post them.

KDS USA Team Pilot, MKS, Cyclone Rotor Blades, KDE Direct, Team Ninja, All around good guys!
808HeliBoyz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2015, 04:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Helidirect has just about dumped KDS, Motion RC is out of stock on about 75% of parts. Right now you cant get a tail boom or main blade clips for the chase. If theres no parts people wont fly their brand.
Some already are using other brands parts just to keep them in the air. It wont be long before the effort isnt worth it.
I have seen this before with other brands but hopefully I wrong.

Brendan
Old 12-15-2015, 11:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm confident that KDS is strong and doing well. I will bring up the issue of parts stock in talks with KDS.

KDS USA Team Pilot, MKS, Cyclone Rotor Blades, KDE Direct, Team Ninja, All around good guys!
808HeliBoyz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2015, 12:13 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The signs don't look good.....Can't find parts for my Chase anywhere except Hawk RC. It's a shady sign when one of the biggest vendors drops the line altogether (helidirect) I even went into Experience RC the other day and the guy told me he wasn't sure when he would be getting parts. Even KDS USA is out of the pulleys I need.

Also haven't really seen any activity from the team pilots I follow. Seems like there's something going on here that they are afraid to tell us, but it could all just be a part of helis taking a back seat in the market in general. I certainly hope they survive, KDS is my first brand beyond Align and I now also own an Agile 7.2.
FiLazer88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

you can try www.agile-helicopter.cz this is shop in Czech republik (Europe) but they are shipped parts and kits to USA too.
Old 12-19-2015, 11:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can also try rotorquest in Canada. They have the Chase boom and main blade grips in stock.
gtak is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2015, 04:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808HeliBoyz View Post
, but the Agile and Innova machines are still very important to the company and brand.
Wasn't the Innova line discontinued though? Even Hobbyking has dropped the kits and doesn't seem to be reordering the parts. The helical gears that the 700 kits came with last year aren't available anywhere. They only came with the kits and were never released as a separate part as far as can tell.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2015, 04:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I put this post thread up to see if I would get a factory response and so far nothing.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I actually contacted Helidirect about several weeks ago about this and they said Helidirect will not be carrying KDS helis anymore due to lack of sales. KDS is still alive and well, Helidirect just isn’t carrying them anymore (one big reason is that KDS sells directly to the public). The rep I spoke to alluded to Helidirect discontinuing some if not all Synergy, HD cell, and Gaui heli as well. Again, due to lack of sales and nothing more. Align and SAB Goblins are the big sellers for them now. Multi rotors are taking over and we’re starting to see the effects of that now.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

You may be right, it seems you have to buy the latest fad helicopter in order to get part support.
Helifreak #262-Past helis-Shuttle, Hawk, MA Fury, Ma Fury Extreme, Ma Stratus, Trex450,Trex700 nitro, WhiplashG, 7HV, Chase360, 180cfx, KDS A7 Current helis-KDS Agile 7.2, SAB Raw, Trex 500x, KDS agile 7.2 gasser
Old 01-01-2016, 08:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeezix View Post
I actually contacted Helidirect about several weeks ago about this and they said Helidirect will not be carrying KDS helis anymore due to lack of sales. KDS is still alive and well, Helidirect just isn’t carrying them anymore (one big reason is that KDS sells directly to the public). The rep I spoke to alluded to Helidirect discontinuing some if not all Synergy, HD cell, and Gaui heli as well. Again, due to lack of sales and nothing more. Align and SAB Goblins are the big sellers for them now. Multi rotors are taking over and we’re starting to see the effects of that now.
Thanks for the info. Definitely makes sense, happy to hear they aren't abandoning ship completely. As long as there's still parts being made somewhere, I'm happy.
FiLazer88 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2016, 07:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by goof2 View Post
You may be right, it seems you have to buy the latest fad helicopter in order to get part support.
Maybe the solution is for manufactures to just sell direct to the public the way Evolution and RJX does. They'd make more money without the middleman and success for a new model would no longer depend on convincing hobby shops to stock a line of parts they might not be able to sell. That last one is a huge stumbling block for new models.
Atomic Skull is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2016, 01:24 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I want a kds chase but the only reason I am scared to buy one is the lack of parts support. KDS USA doesn't even have a kit in stock and hasn't for at least a couple weeks..
Martinshelis is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2016, 03:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

KDS has just only very recently released new upgrade parts for the Chase 360 tail assembly. I think this is a reasonable indicator that they are not likely to drop support or parts production any time in the near future.

It is a relatively (in the very literal sense) new model, yet they've continued improving the original design with v3 and now with tail upgrades. I'm hoping for a v4 with the upgraded tail assembly in the kit, in hopes this will rid the heli of the Achilles heel that I think has held it back from gaining much attention.

On the sale I got it on, the v3 airframe portion of the combo kit worked out to about $120. This was before the upgraded tail parts, so I weighed the risk of dealing with a possible tail issue against the very low sale price and took the plunge.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if they are in the process of releasing a v4 kit, and if so, whether the Chase can finally gain some attention in the market. Right now the Chase is mentioned so infrequently, outside the KDS forum, that its a virtual ghost.
Blade Scraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2016, 04:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do hope that the recent release of up dated parts are a sign of life. But this post along with others have been up for months without a peep from KDS or a representative.
Helifreak #262-Past helis-Shuttle, Hawk, MA Fury, Ma Fury Extreme, Ma Stratus, Trex450,Trex700 nitro, WhiplashG, 7HV, Chase360, 180cfx, KDS A7 Current helis-KDS Agile 7.2, SAB Raw, Trex 500x, KDS agile 7.2 gasser
Old 02-19-2016, 10:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's why I dropped their butts... Why should I have to go outside my country for parts... I bought 3innova kits when they were fly bars and ordered about 1K in spare parts from China,but the hassle was unbearable.. It's a shame because KDS headquarters seemed as if they didn't care at all so I said f em and went somewhere else
Old 02-20-2016, 09:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks to me like KDSmodelsusa.com has every part and every kit in stock. With all the sales they’re just trying to get more of them out there. Doesn’t sound like their dead quit yet. Now look at Avant their out of stock everywhere parts and kits they look down not sure if their out yet but it doesn’t look good. KDS I think still has some life in them.
Larryu is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2016, 10:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

To all KDS flyers all I have to say is goooood luck
Old 02-23-2016, 03:25 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a KDS Agile 5.5.... the other day one of the KDS servos burned up in flight.... you can guess what happen after that..

So now I have to order parts that are out of stock... I want to order from one website but all the USA stores are out of stock on a lot of the parts I need. Oversea it is... I found one place that have everything in stock but damnn... its taking forever for them to shipped the items..

Hawk RC already shipped... as far as delivery... I have no idea...

The other place I order from is monkeyhobby.com.... and wow they got me a tracking number but trying looking it up and no record is found been a few days now... and their response time is horrible...

After or if this heli gets rebuild I'm going to get rid of it.. going to lose so much money on it....

Agile 5.5 is great... flys awesome but damn... if this is how its going to be.... no thanks. As to the KDS electronic yeah changed all that out for a KDE motor and KST servos.. If I dont get the parts than the electronics can easily go onto another 550 helicopter. Just wasted money...
Scjon03 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in