Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 230S

Blade 230S Blade 230S Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2015, 08:40 PM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Jack you are great pilot. I can't wait to get better skills... Practice makes perfect... And im a perfectionist...
jezzejamez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2015, 10:22 PM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by d12bn View Post
I'm guessing this helis is all Microheli upgrades, but anything else? What main blades are those?
Mike680 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2015, 11:18 PM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that looked like a lazy Sunday afternoon flight ha ha, Just kidding, nice flying man, but this guy is sandbagging, he can fly lot harder then that. I really hope to get some decent flight video on Wednesday if weather behaves

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2015, 10:29 PM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

here is my video from yesterday, Sorry for the zoom in out, camera person don't know what there doing lol
Flying my blade 230s (3 min 27 sec)

Old 12-12-2015, 04:04 PM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am very impressed with the quality ,colors and fit of the optional fiberglass canopy. I flew today because the weather is like spring here in the Northeast and am amazed how well the 230s flies.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:11 PM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick flight yesterday testing out the new dx9 black edition. New aluminum blade grips on the 230 s..

blade 230 s test flight (4 min 32 sec)
jezzejamez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-15-2015, 07:21 PM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToRC View Post
How high up was the heli in the tree? 😁
It was WAY up there....I cut the tree down to get it out

I just fixed her up; broken main gear, broken swash, bent tail boom and broken tail blades.

I put a stock swash back on because it breaks instead of screwing up my servos. Everything else was replaced with nice aftermarket parts.
Old 12-15-2015, 09:00 PM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite View Post
It was WAY up there....I cut the tree down to get it out

I just fixed her up; broken main gear, broken swash, bent tail boom and broken tail blades.

I put a stock swash back on because it breaks instead of screwing up my servos. Everything else was replaced with nice aftermarket parts.
Oh darn.. what did the aluminum swash do to your servos? it strip one?

Old 12-16-2015, 12:40 PM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
Oh darn.. what did the aluminum swash do to your servos? it strip one?

Oh, no....sorry. What I meant was that the plastic swash broke and took the pressure off the linkages. So I didn't order an aluminum swash because I'm guessing it would put much more pressure on linkage arms and servos........at least until I can keep her out of the trees!
Old 12-16-2015, 12:50 PM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite View Post
Oh, no....sorry. What I meant was that the plastic swash broke and took the pressure off the linkages. So I didn't order an aluminum swash because I'm guessing it would put much more pressure on linkage arms and servos........at least until I can keep her out of the trees!

Flexible parts help save servos yep. Or you can buy break away servo horns. I noticed I should probably rebuild a servo or two soon and I've never crashed hard enough to actually break the swash or horns.
Do what's best for your skill level, most people should find as their skill increases with the 230, they will be ready to move on to bigger better helis. "Save your bling money today, for a 500 tomorrow" so to speak
https://www.youtube.com/c/RCBound#699RCHN
RCBound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2015, 02:43 PM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBound View Post
Flexible parts help save servos yep. Or you can buy break away servo horns. I noticed I should probably rebuild a servo or two soon and I've never crashed hard enough to actually break the swash or horns.
Do what's best for your skill level, most people should find as their skill increases with the 230, they will be ready to move on to bigger better helis. "Save your bling money today, for a 500 tomorrow" so to speak
What makes you think you need to rebuild your servos?? there digital shouldn't they last for ever? and even longer w/o crashes.
they make break away arms for the 230? I knew they did for the 180.
I am not sure how i feel about the break away servo arms. i almost feel someone really pushing the heli could make em strip/jump in flight.

I got the 230s as a practice tool before to feel more conferable when flying my larger helicopters.

Old 12-16-2015, 03:30 PM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
What makes you think you need to rebuild your servos?? there digital shouldn't they last for ever? and even longer w/o crashes.
they make break away arms for the 230? I knew they did for the 180.
I am not sure how i feel about the break away servo arms. i almost feel someone really pushing the heli could make em strip/jump in flight.

I got the 230s as a practice tool before to feel more conferable when flying my larger helicopters.
Digital does not equal invincible. Slop still forms.

I'm not sure if anyone makes breakaway horns specific for the 230. Breakaway are not the same as Slip style. Breakaway have a weak point designed to break if a crash happens. Slip style have the cut in them so it can expand and slip some teeth in a crash.

Yeah man that's great! This heli is supposed to be a practice tool. All I was saying at the end was save money, don't worry about upgrades parts unless the performance is greatly improved.
https://www.youtube.com/c/RCBound#699RCHN
RCBound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-16-2015, 04:55 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I'm not sure if anyone makes breakaway horns specific for the 230.
The H3050 cyclics are 450 heli class servos. They aren't 230S specific. They're a standard size and the same ones as what's on the 360CFX. Any 450 sized breakaway servo arms will work as long as the output spline pattern is the same.
Old 12-16-2015, 05:00 PM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Digital does not equal invincible. Slop still forms.

I'm not sure if anyone makes breakaway horns specific for the 230. Breakaway are not the same as Slip style. Breakaway have a weak point designed to break if a crash happens. Slip style have the cut in them so it can expand and slip some teeth in a crash.

Yeah man that's great! This heli is supposed to be a practice tool. All I was saying at the end was save money, don't worry about upgrades parts unless the performance is greatly improved.
Oh, I was just asking so I would know, Slop, yeah that happens i guess, i have servos with hundreds of flights w/o slop or okay maybe they do have slop but not enough to worry with, mostly on planes but yeah on helicopter it could make a difference.

Thanks i didn't know they were two different types.

Old 12-17-2015, 10:12 AM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 230S with Zeal 238mm

This thing flies so great with the Zeal 238mm. www.fastheli.com
Blade 230s 3d with Zeal 238mm (2 min 56 sec)
Old 12-17-2015, 10:17 AM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are the Zeal 238s measured from bolt hole to tip or root to tip? The stock 235mm blade length is measured overall from root to tip. I thought my 240mm Lynx blades for the 300X would only be 5mm longer, but they turned out to be 10mm longer in reality because they're a 240mm measured from the bolt hole to tip. Overall length is 245mm when measured the same way as the stock blades.

Nice flying, Brian. Have you modded anything on the head other than blades? I find the stock dampers to be very soft which causes wobbles on hard stops that aren't gain related. They're fine at first, but they degrade very quickly in well under 50 flights. Any idea if there will be some harder dampers released in the future?
Old 12-17-2015, 01:28 PM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike680 View Post
Are the Zeal 238s measured from bolt hole to tip or root to tip? The stock 235mm blade length is measured overall from root to tip. I thought my 240mm Lynx blades for the 300X would only be 5mm longer, but they turned out to be 10mm longer in reality because they're a 240mm measured from the bolt hole to tip. Overall length is 245mm when measured the same way as the stock blades.

Nice flying, Brian. Have you modded anything on the head other than blades? I find the stock dampers to be very soft which causes wobbles on hard stops that aren't gain related. They're fine at first, but they degrade very quickly in well under 50 flights. Any idea if there will be some harder dampers released in the future?
Thank you. My 230S has the Blade Aluminum head and grips, as well as the Blade Aluminum tail case. The dampers are stock (and yes, pretty worn).

I no longer work for Horizon, so I haven't heard if there are new dampers coming. A pretty simple fix would be to use some thin shims, or just replace them. I THINK it may be possible to use the dampers for the 300CFX, but I haven't tried.

The Zeal blades length is measured from the root hole to the tip. 238mm.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:34 PM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

A lot of people have resisted the urge to "bling" their 230s as they see them as trainers. So you feel the aluminum parts make a performance difference? I can understand the blades but what about those parts?

Also the 230 is tail-heavy will the aluminum tail case help or be about the same? How do you overcome the issue with CoG? I think the Microheli frame was going to try to shift around the electronic placement to correct this. I assume being still a Team pilot younger good deals on parts so why go Lynx or Microheli so how do you deal with the tail heavy feel?

And I have a similar question as the 360 how do you have your Tx configured?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
Thank you. My 230S has the Blade Aluminum head and grips, as well as the Blade Aluminum tail case. The dampers are stock (and yes, pretty worn).

I no longer work for Horizon, so I haven't heard if there are new dampers coming. A pretty simple fix would be to use some thin shims, or just replace them. I THINK it may be possible to use the dampers for the 300CFX, but I haven't tried.

The Zeal blades length is measured from the root hole to the tip. 238mm.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:54 PM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by toadiscoil View Post
A lot of people have resisted the urge to "bling" their 230s as they see them as trainers. So you feel the aluminum parts make a performance difference? I can understand the blades but what about those parts?

Also the 230 is tail-heavy will the aluminum tail case help or be about the same? How do you overcome the issue with CoG? I think the Microheli frame was going to try to shift around the electronic placement to correct this. I assume being still a Team pilot younger good deals on parts so why go Lynx or Microheli so how do you deal with the tail heavy feel?

And I have a similar question as the 360 how do you have your Tx configured?
IMHO, the aluminum option parts are just for looks, but they do look nice. I was still working for Horizon when the parts were installed on my heli. My tx is configured fully stock as the manual suggests, though I did lower gains a touch when I put on the Zeal blades.

I run the battery pretty far forward on the tray. I don't have any complaints with the way it flies, and it doesn't "feel" tail heavy to me.
Old 12-17-2015, 01:56 PM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

What battery do you use?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
IMHO, the aluminum option parts are just for looks, but they do look nice. I was still working for Horizon when the parts were installed on my heli. My tx is configured fully stock as the manual suggests, though I did lower gains a touch when I put on the Zeal blades.

I run the battery pretty far forward on the tray. I don't have any complaints with the way it flies, and it doesn't "feel" tail heavy to me.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in