master cp SERVOS need help please - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Master CP

Master CP Walkera Master CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2015, 12:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default master cp SERVOS need help please

Hi there, this is probably second nature to most of you here but for me it tends to get a little confusing and I don't have too much knowledge when it comes to helis....( NOOBIE) !! So heres the problem, I crashed my master cp and repaired some minor stuff and then it had seemed to be flying fine. It sat for a while because I was waiting to order some new parts and then today I decided to check out the servos because im pretty sure I need to replace them due to the crash. Well, now when I turn it on with main motor and tail motor unplugged the servos go haywire, they just move without me moving the sticks at all and are making horrible sounds. my question is will stripped servos cause this or does it sound like something else could be causing this?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
hustlerkc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2015, 11:05 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

the 3 servos act the same way ? Have you tried to clean them ?
Pachapapa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I believe they all are just going in whatever direction they want but one in particular...the left side of the heli just shoots straight up and locks up and I'm not sure if that one is causing g the others to move as well or if theyrequired all doing g their own thing. No I have not tried to clean them because I'm pretty sure 2 if not all 3 are stripped. One of them I can move freely with no restriction and it makes no noise at all. At least the other 2 you can hear the gear actually moving when the horn moves. Mainly I was wondering if stripped gears would cause this and not something g more serious?? I hope this answers your question. Thanks again.
Old 07-20-2015, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default servos

Order the metal gear servos, well worth the money.
barrelassinc.76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2015, 08:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah that's the plan...question on the servos, when I order them are there different servos for each cyclic or are the servos all the same and just have to make sure theyre plugged into the correct spot? Thanks again.
Old 07-22-2015, 02:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlerkc View Post
Yeah that's the plan...question on the servos, when I order them are there different servos for each cyclic or are the servos all the same and just have to make sure theyre plugged into the correct spot? Thanks again.
Yes all 3 cycle servos are the same apart from the tail

Cheers watho
watho 46 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-08-2016, 03:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default servos

I know its been a while since ive posted on this issue but I finally got my new metal gear servos and I am having a heck of a time installing them. ive watched evry video I can find and I understand what im supposed to do but it doesn't seem to be working. I have all trims and subtrims set at 0 and I made sure im at mid stick in idle up mode so that the servos will center and the put on the arms as close to center as I can and then from there my understanding is to use the subtrim to get centered. however, my servos seem to be jumping around and will not get centered, one time I try and my subtrim is at 45 and another time they seem to center at 20. also it seems that I cant control each servo individually, for example if I adjust the aileron it seems to move both servo that control aileron and not just the aileron servo that's plugged into the aileron channel on the receiver. the part that's making me a little vervous is the servos being jittery and not seeming like they want to return to center on their own or is it possible that's the gyro trying to correct even though the bird is sitting level on my desk?? please help, would greatly appreciate it. ready to give up.
Old 01-21-2016, 09:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hey

U. Ignite wanna get a servo tester off eBay for 3 bucks,it makes it so much easier.all u do is push neutral and it centers and pop on the arm.
charleshodge is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2016, 12:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hustlerkc View Post
I know its been a while since ive posted on this issue but I finally got my new metal gear servos and I am having a heck of a time installing them. ive watched evry video I can find and I understand what im supposed to do but it doesn't seem to be working. I have all trims and subtrims set at 0 and I made sure im at mid stick in idle up mode so that the servos will center and the put on the arms as close to center as I can and then from there my understanding is to use the subtrim to get centered. however, my servos seem to be jumping around and will not get centered, one time I try and my subtrim is at 45 and another time they seem to center at 20. also it seems that I cant control each servo individually, for example if I adjust the aileron it seems to move both servo that control aileron and not just the aileron servo that's plugged into the aileron channel on the receiver. the part that's making me a little vervous is the servos being jittery and not seeming like they want to return to center on their own or is it possible that's the gyro trying to correct even though the bird is sitting level on my desk?? please help, would greatly appreciate it. ready to give up.
Hi Hustler
lets got through this one at a time ( remove the main blades)
Turn your TX on and bind the heli
Now in normal mode (WITH THROTTLE HOLD ON !! )
Go through your TX and make sure all your pitch and throttle curves are linear ( straight line 0 - 100 )
Now move your stick to mid ( half throttle )
Ajust all of your servos to as close to 90* as possible, then use a bit of subtrim to get them right
Once you are at this point ajust your links to the swash to get swash level

Now everything should be very close, one more step,
Ajust your links (you can do just one) and get close to 0 pitch, then
Take your links from swash to blade grips and get them as close to the same lenght

you should be done, let me know if you get stuck

Watho
Old 02-05-2016, 02:37 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Hustlekc
Well how did you go ??
Did you get it all together and flying
Hope so
Watho

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.