Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Flamewheel Multirotor Support

Flamewheel Multirotor Support Flamewheel Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2016, 06:59 PM   #1 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Default FW 450 - Would a flat battery behave like this?

I am a severe noob to multirotor, enough that I had the LHS help me finish this one out.

I got this flamewheel 450 about a year ago in a trade for a set of servos, has dji 2212/920 kv motors, opto 30a esc, dji naza v2, etc. Came with a Pulse 3300 mah 4s battery on storage charge.

I put it through a few cycles on the charger here and there, but didnt maiden it till yesterday. Has a ton of power for about the first minute, but then gradually gets flatter and flatter. At about 4 minutes, it basically lands itself, but voltage across cels is around 3.85.

It's bare bones except for an an fpv camera and osd.

Of course, its the only 4s I have and I dont have any deans plugs at the house to run two 3s in parallel to get a comparable battery size, and run my 10 inch props

Sound like a flat battery? Or something else I need to look at. What kind of flight times should I be getting with the above?

Eventually want to put 10 inch props on it and run a go-pro with gimbal. But I need to learn more and figure this out for starters
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2016, 08:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Double check your low voltage settings on the Naza software. If it is hitting the low voltage cut off then the Naza would limit itself and land. I think default settings were around ~3.5v per cell in the Naza while loaded which would equate to ~3.8v unloaded. If possible try another battery but if you cannot and are still having problems I would point to the battery being the culprit.

Maybe you can go back to your LHS and see if they have a "spare" 4s lying around that you can test on... I used to be pretty cool with my local LHS and they would let me borrow parts to test in the parking lot on occasion when trouble shooting.
Cpl Woody is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2016, 03:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Woody, I was typing the exact same response (check the battery voltage settings) and saw yours pop up.

Slow on the draw....
04fxdwgi is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2016, 10:23 PM   #4 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Been looking at another issue too. When I plug the battery in and I take off, I get great throttle response, fast climb rate, but only once. After that, sluggish throttle.

Land, unplug, and replug in the battery, same thing again.

After cycling the battery several times, I can get about 5 minutes flight. But, the thottle issue is still apparent.

I did recalibrate the throttle in dji assistant software.

My lhs didn't have a battery, I ordered one this evening.
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

Old 04-21-2016, 07:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes View Post
Been looking at another issue too. When I plug the battery in and I take off, I get great throttle response, fast climb rate, but only once. After that, sluggish throttle.

Land, unplug, and replug in the battery, same thing again.

After cycling the battery several times, I can get about 5 minutes flight. But, the thottle issue is still apparent.

I did recalibrate the throttle in dji assistant software.

My lhs didn't have a battery, I ordered one this evening.
Im still pointing at the battery but looking back I also see you are running the Naza V2. It is important to note that the Naza is made to be stable. Mine on my hex allows me to power up quickly to get in the air but once there it adjusts altitude rather slowly to maintain that stable platform. Obviously I cant see how your quad is behaving but it is possible that the copter is just maintaining its own stability.
Cpl Woody is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2016, 09:18 AM   #6 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I finally got another Pulse 3300 4s in the mail the other day. Ran it through three cycles on the pl8 and then tried it.

The battery was definitely the problem. This thing now has a really fast, consistent, repeatable climb rate

Now, on to figuring out the gps features, etc

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in