Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > Chroma Camera Drone

Chroma Camera Drone Chroma Camera Drone Multirotor Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2016, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hard landing on Return To Home

So I just got my Chroma and I was up about 80 feet flying in agility mode and hit the return home. The quad came down in a real hurry so hit the switch up to safe mode. It stopped about 4 feet off of the ground. I hit the return home again and it hit down hard and the back right prop flew off. No damage done luckily and the it appears the blade unscrewed. My question is would the loose blade cause the bird to come falling out of the sky like that. I flew several times earlier and the return to home worked perfectly.
trhodes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-19-2016, 01:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile RTH hard landing

I had a hard landing happen on return to home a week or so ago. I had flown it around a few minutes, got a low battery warning (nowhere near dead) but anyways decided I better get it down and switch batteries. From probably 100-150 feet up right over us I flipped it over to RTH and down she came like usual. The past times I had done this it came down quick but slowed down the decent around 10 feet or so. This time it did not slow down and I was caught of guard. Did not react in time. At about 1 or 2 feet i was able to flip it back to AP but it was not in time. It hit the driveway a TON! So hard that it actually flipped over. I was so upset and just knew it was done for. Somehow someway I caught a break and didnt get too much damage. The camera popped off and the front part of camera popped off and a few scratches. Was able to get everything back together and working again but Man oh Man was it a scary incident. Especially since I had only had the thing for a week! Thank goodness she is still flying normal and no issues since then; but I have not used RTH to land it since.
Roll40ex is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2016, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's best just to land manually, I have only ever used RTH to show friends it can do it.
Crazy Canadian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2016, 12:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine has done it too. I thought it maybe happened because I flew to a lower altitude below where I took off and then came back up the hill to land where I took off from. I'm not sure if that caused it to find a lower altitude and think it was looking for that height before hitting the ground. I usually flip out of RTH before it gets too close to the ground now.
Toadster25 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in