Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.)

Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.) Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2016, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need Help Arming Blade 350QX with Taranis

So I've had this up on RCgroups.com for a week or so with no luck on any sort of answer.

Apologies if I put this in the wrong section. Any help would be appreciated....

So I have read and done a lot to get where I"m at, but I"m really stuck and can't get my 350 to arm and spin up the motors.
This is where I"m at:
Taranis x9d plus - Upgraded to 2.0.19 -latest firmware
Orange RX TX Module -http://www.amazon.com/OrangeRX-Compatible-Transmitter-Turnigy-compatible/dp/B00ZA2CSWQ?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui _detailpage_o00_s00

Used 350QX from here -
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651979
Pretty sure this is the oldest of the old - Original 350QX with the red battery cover.
I have updated the firmware to the latest version and can communicate with it via the Blade software.
I also have a Dx6i that binds up and works great with it. All flight modes - Everything.

I restored this model exactly on my taranis -
http://rcsettings.com/index.php/view...88-blade-350qx
Then I took a better look through the rcsettings site and found a much more up to date model called 350qx stagility. So I used that one instead. My thinking is that this model should have everything I need as far as settings on the taranis to fly right??

When you turn on the quad it seems to act totally normal - blue light flashes in bind mode. I turn on my taranis holding down the orange rx bind button and it seems to bind up OK. My green light comes on and if I"m outside it goes solid eventually indicating I've got GPS. At this point I can switch through the flight modes - Getting green, blue, purple, and red lights on the quad. I can turn on and off the throttle hold and make it flash red for return to home. All of this tells me I'm bound with the craft and it's responding to what I think is my tx emulating a spektrum one.

So from here I move the throttle (left stick mode 2) from left to right quickly all the way down at the bottom. Nothing happens.
I've tried moving the trim all the way thru the entire slider going left to right over and over each time. Any time I move the right stick I get the fast beeping from the quad, indicating I"m bound and gps is on.

Just for reference I also downloaded models from rcsettings for my nano qx and my 180qx and they do exactly the same thing. They bind up holding down the bind button on the orange rx and everything seems to work but the thorottle/basic inputs. My 180 would sort of randomly go full throttle for a sec and stop a few times while I was messing with it. It's like all inputs on the receivers are getting the signal for flight modes, rates etc but no throttle aileron, etc

Am I using the wrong orange rx module? BTW I am using it in PPM mode and have followed many posts on forums that explain settings to make the blade craft works.

If no one knows an obvious answer my next stop is to bind up a random spektrum and d4r receiver on a test bench style setup and see if I can get it to output voltage.....

What am I missing?? Please help if you can...
Thanks
Chris
cpolly69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2016, 12:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

So just a bit of an update in case anyone is reading.
I got a 2nd orange rx today just in case the first one wasn't sending the signal. Now I have a new issue with all my Blade craft. It seems to get the signal for all the controls in this strange sort of pulse. I believe I've seen a video of it on youtube before, but it pulses over and over. If I can't find the video I'll post one myself.

This is exactly what mine does
Blade Nano QX with Taranis and Orange DSMx Module Problem (0 min 27 sec)

Both my 180 and my nano do this... Is this just an orange rx issue....
Old 05-14-2016, 07:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

In regards to the 350...when your at the point where u can change flight modes and u get beeps when u move the right stick ...move the trottle stick at the lowest position...you should get 3 ascending tones...the happy tones...everytime u raise and lower the stick when at the lowest those tones sould sound. Make sure trottle hold is off.
I know on the dx6i, you had to put 10 to 15 clicks of sub trim on the throttle, or the 350 would never arm
Old 05-14-2016, 08:28 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingdrummer View Post
In regards to the 350...when your at the point where u can change flight modes and u get beeps when u move the right stick ...move the trottle stick at the lowest position...you should get 3 ascending tones...the happy tones...everytime u raise and lower the stick when at the lowest those tones sould sound. Make sure trottle hold is off.
I know on the dx6i, you had to put 10 to 15 clicks of sub trim on the throttle, or the 350 would never arm
I set up my model on my dx6i, bound it one time, flipped the stick left to right one time and it spun up. Process took me 5 minutes. No trim guessing. I'm pretty sure at this point I've narrowed my problem down to the orange RX not working on the taranis. Both my nano and 180 do this pulsing signal thing. All the videos I've seen using a orange RX are with the old model that takes 3 clicks to switch modes. I don't think the new one works with the older blade-built in spektrum rxs. My next step will probably be either a diy spektrum module or the dm9. I with I had known that it didn't work before I wasted my money....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in