Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > EZNOV

EZNOV EZNOV Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2016, 10:20 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Who is not happy and why?

Hi guys.
I am replacing a bad Ikon on my 450. I am contemplating a Neuron. Looking for easy setup and good functionality. I don't do 3D just circuits and precision hovering.
I want to know who has had a Neuron and didn't like it and why?
Thank you
Pete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2016, 03:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would be really surprised if you get more than one or two posts at most.

Folks are genuinely pleased with the unit and the great support.

Those who have had issues were likely due to not reading the concise and well written instructions that accompany each page of the easy to use set up process.
Walkera 4#3B, 4G6
Align 250SE, Gaui 200
Tarot 450PRO
Align 550L Dominator
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2016, 05:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

No complaints, both of mine are performing well.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2016, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ikon seems like quality I'm thinking about trying one just because of so many people giving it great reviews. Maybe you just got a bad one or a solder came loose? Prolly an easy fix.
Waxxingibbous is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2016, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you fellas.
The Ikon has always acted strange since new. Self level never worked and there was always a little cyclic wobble. The wobble was always manageable tuning the gains in advance settings. After the latest upgrade it was worse and the wobble was real bad. I talked to an Ikon tech and he suggested cranking up the HS above 3200 rpm. Doing that, the wobble was so bad the boom took a blade strike on liftoff. After repairing that damage I lowered the HS back to 2800 rpm and lowered the gains so it is at least flyable. It will not hover at all but does fly controllable most times. The Ikon on my 500 is great. Hovers hands free and easy to fly as long as I keep the tail from hitting the grass and stripping the tail gear.
I guess I will give the Neuron a try.
Pete
Old 06-26-2016, 07:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default set-up software

I've found that flight performance is really good, but I struggled with the setup software. Maybe I'm stupid, or maybe I'm to set in my ways from using other fbl gyros. I spent a lot of time reading these forums, checking and re-checking my work before I was confident to fly it. Some more detailed instructions/wiring diagrams would have been nice.

I still haven't figured out how to set the tail to fly properly in rate mode which bothers me. Heading hold mode is perfect.

Most importantly it does fly really good. And they're cheap. And not chinese! Thats a rarity these days.
The_crack_fox is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2016, 06:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Neuron vs. Ikon/Brain
+ smart hardware
+ excellent flight behavior
+ small unit
+ excellent governor
+ exotic
+ free android app
+ nice price (ok, ikon 1 should be awesom cheap, can get one in the 100 EUR range in germany but its the historic one )
0 easy setup (both)
0 rescue (both)
- rescue options / self level (new brain firmware is outstanding in that point)
- support (no manual, weak support here)
- community (not many users)
- unclear future / roadmap
- tail bounces (reported by some users, including me)

I would like to see the neuron community grow and the unit get better and better by new firmware. But in my mind, the future/development is a mystery and compared to brain / spirit the neuron has the most promising hardware but current features of the systems are equal.
Airagitator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2016, 12:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Loved your "exotic"
Old 07-02-2016, 06:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default governor :(

I'm having trouble with the governor occasionally dropping back to very low head speed. At first I thought it was cutting completely, but its more like a drop to about 10% power. Maybe once every 2 or 3 flights. Sometimes for 1 or 2 seconds. Today it cut for about 5 seconds when I was inverted and close to the ground. Now my X5 is smashed
Old 07-02-2016, 02:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have had problems with the tail of my Chase 360.
Stock tail gyro settings was unflyable and after lowering I and D gain considerably it fly and hold but have a slow bounce on stops i have to tune away, but its still flyable and 3D capable.
Cyclic gain values was spot on and the heli fly realy well.
Have not messed with FBL governor ore recue so cant say anything about that.
Exo 500
Mr.Andersen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2016, 03:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

So - so

Had it on a Logo 500, never get the tail solved

Put the Beastx out of the TT MT into the Logo and the Neoron into the MT, so far so god but the tail looks like hanging if I doing pirouettes during fast forward-backward flying!

Make it short, the Beastx, did the better job
wulf 190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2016, 12:42 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm very happy today. Did another fine tuning with the gov. It holds RPM in the lowest throttle setting (2000 Upm) between 1985 and 2005, even with 14° pitch pumps.

In the higher settings its not perfect but nearly. Rockstable power

Reduced feed forward on cyclic to. It didn't loose the direct feeling but gained a bit the stability in fast maneuvers. Very nice feeling!

(on a very "used" 550 machine )
Old 07-11-2016, 03:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm happy it works fine for me (cyclic Tail rescue) but I have 2 wishes .
1 seperate rescue pitch für each Bank
2 when you hit rescue a little negative pitch before leveling
Butscher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2016, 03:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_crack_fox View Post
I'm having trouble with the governor occasionally dropping back to very low head speed. At first I thought it was cutting completely, but its more like a drop to about 10% power...
same issue here. NOT happy with the GOV, will NOT use it anymore.
mr.bungle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2016, 01:21 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.bungle View Post
same issue here. NOT happy with the GOV, will NOT use it anymore.
+1, why and how do others use it governor and feels happy with it
Old 07-27-2016, 04:37 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have one running a Castle 100A lite in my Goblin 500 and another running a Jeti Mezon 120A in my Logo 600. Both work well over a large range of headspeeds. Not sure why it works for some and doesn't work for others.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default something wrong with throttle output

I've been having no end of trouble with the governor on my neuron. In the end i gave up on it and set up throttle curves in tx. That didn't fix it!

So naturally I assume its been the esc causing the grief all along, not the neuron. I swapped out the new HW 100A V3 esc for an 85A hobbyking thing I had lying around. Still the same problem!! Randomly loosing power, sometimes for a second or 2, sometimes for long enough that I have to land and/or crash. I've rebuilt this heli twice now, and haven't even run a battery flat yet.

Today I put a KBar on it, and put the HW V3 esc back in. Flies like a dream. No power loss or misbehaving.

So I can only assume that the neuron is not passing the throttle signal to the esc reliably, regardless of what method I try to use. I'm using a Hitec aurora9 with frsky minima receivers (cppm connection). I use this combination on all my helis, but the others have sk540 gyros.

Overall I'm pretty bummed about the whole experience, cost a lot of time and money to get nowhere

Maybe I'll try it on a plane one day...
Old 08-04-2016, 06:38 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_crack_fox View Post
I've been having no end of trouble with the governor on my neuron. In the end i gave up on it and set up throttle curves in tx. That didn't fix it!

So naturally I assume its been the esc causing the grief all along, not the neuron. I swapped out the new HW 100A V3 esc for an 85A hobbyking thing I had lying around. Still the same problem!! Randomly loosing power, sometimes for a second or 2, sometimes for long enough that I have to land and/or crash. I've rebuilt this heli twice now, and haven't even run a battery flat yet.

Today I put a KBar on it, and put the HW V3 esc back in. Flies like a dream. No power loss or misbehaving.

So I can only assume that the neuron is not passing the throttle signal to the esc reliably, regardless of what method I try to use. I'm using a Hitec aurora9 with frsky minima receivers (cppm connection). I use this combination on all my helis, but the others have sk540 gyros.

Overall I'm pretty bummed about the whole experience, cost a lot of time and money to get nowhere

Maybe I'll try it on a plane one day...
Mine also, bought it for two months trying to setup the governor and no luck, did everything needed to do, also changed to be 50a as I really don't like the double formula I have to calculate for hw40a and the neuron to know the head speed, also , no luck, spool up and fly and in the mid air it's RPM drops to a very very low one and the Heli almost kisses the ground
Old 08-04-2016, 07:36 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

ESC-Temerature is ok? This sounds like overload...
Old 08-04-2016, 07:42 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Motor/battery barely warm and esc stone cold on mine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in