May pull trigger on nx7 bad boy - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX7

NX7 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX7

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2016, 08:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default May pull trigger on nx7 bad boy

Im getting sick of electric heavy ass 700 helis. Not one of them satisfies me with pop and power. Ive had all the 700s and they r too heavy with batteries, not to mention 330 flight times. Im either unloading protos v2 max or trex 550 to fund nx7. I used to love my 7 minute flight times on my old titan x50 and nitros seem to fly better. Most every brand of battery ive bought only gives me 150 flights of decent power, then they die quick. Is the nx7 a great heli and how much rtf weight r u guys getting. I also did the math on costs. If you go by minutes flown versus flights fuel is only about 30% more in cost over batteries in the long run, not to mention you dont have to charge batteries every night. Thats all i do is fly for a few minutes and charge all evening. Getting sick of it. Nitro rocks
dbirds2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2016, 08:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbirds2 View Post
Im getting sick of electric heavy ass 700 helis. Not one of them satisfies me with pop and power. Ive had all the 700s and they r too heavy with batteries, not to mention 330 flight times. Im either unloading protos v2 max or trex 550 to fund nx7. I used to love my 7 minute flight times on my old titan x50 and nitros seem to fly better. Most every brand of battery ive bought only gives me 150 flights of decent power, then they die quick. Is the nx7 a great heli and how much rtf weight r u guys getting. I also did the math on costs. If you go by minutes flown versus flights fuel is only about 30% more in cost over batteries in the long run, not to mention you dont have to charge batteries every night. Thats all i do is fly for a few minutes and charge all evening. Getting sick of it. Nitro rocks
Tried to send you a PM but you box is full.
Baedarlboo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2016, 08:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Something like 11lb RTF on mine last I checked, but that's a pretty rough number. It's in pieces now waiting on parts (forgot screws when I put new servos in, derp) I'll try to get a weight when I get it back together. Hopefully have that ready this weekend sometime.

It's heavier than my N7 (same electronics/motor/pipe/battery) but they both feel pretty awesome in the air. Not sure I could pick between them right now... haven't had both flying at the same time long enough to figure that out yet.

NX7 crashes pretty well in my experience, but the skids are kind of fragile.
Old 07-19-2016, 09:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My NX7 is a fantastic helicopter, and I really enjoy flying it. Mine weighs 12.2 pounds RTF.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's why I'm all nitro now. Hated charging al night and short flight times. The NX7 is a nice heli. My RTF weight. who knows!! I'm just flying the guts out of it! Have fun
Old 07-20-2016, 06:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Will hopefully finish my build today. If you're asking whether to pull the trigger or not, the best way I can put it is : after a diet of junk food (Trex nitros) this is a meal prepared by a Michelin-star chef.

Except for the stupid, soft torque tube.

But then I am biased as I luv my X7.
Dawiev is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2016, 06:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.