Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > AH-64

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2016, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Nanolite H2060 case opening help please..

Howdy!

Anyone have experience getting the case open to replace the gearset? Trying to save some time and effort in this job. TIA

Best regards,

Lee Nelson
lnelson15 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2016, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade 180 CFX how to replace servo gears (13 min 53 sec)
Old 07-30-2016, 10:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Thanks

Thanks for the video. I searched for something like that but not of that model type.
Old 07-30-2016, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Servo not repairable. Major howling LOL

I think this guy is broken..trim.4710B97F-B87B-49FD-864B-F3077B5049F0.MOV
Old 07-30-2016, 09:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The noise sounds like a broken gear tooth, or a potentiometer pin not seated properly if you just got done changing the gears..
This causes the servo motor to spin without moving the output gears.( Free running motor whining ).

I would take it apart and double check these items.

HW.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:33 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

On my ah64 one servo had the motor pinion mounted a tad too low, was barely touching next gear, causing the motor to spin indefinitely.
danb1974 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2016, 09:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default No gear set in it..

There was no gearset installed in it when I made a little video. Just the case with the motor down below I guess. Is that motor accessible as I didn't look that close at it? I just looked at it again and I don't see a way to get down in the motor area.

Last edited by lnelson15; 07-31-2016 at 09:51 AM.. Reason: Add text
Old 07-31-2016, 10:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The motor in the servo should be accessed by removing the bottom third of the case.
I have not had a reason to disassemble one yet as I have not wrecked my heli to the point of having a servo issue.

This is a picture of a bare case.....

The motor should be located in one of the holes in the center case, push up if necessary to engage the gear train.

HW.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Yard grass

I had a very minor blade strike in high yard grass when landing and it took out two servos and the reduction gear set. The way the drive train is built there is not much give for even the smallest sudden rotor head speed reductions.The main gear and the reduction gears are soft on purpose and this guy is not meant to have ANY contact with the blades. I am flying this stability mode and have had not a lot of experience. What I do have is experience in getting the chassis in and out of the body LOL.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:20 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Inside the bottom of the servo

Inside the bottom of the servo looks like this image. I don't see anything I can probably repair. I will look at it for a while. I plugged it into the RX and fired up the TX and the motor is running away so to speak. I do no think it is due to the gear set being installed as the servo motor should only run when signal is applied. I do not have a motor or the little circuit board to try a replacement. What I will do is when I replace the other gear set in a different one I will power it up with the gear set out and see what It does that way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	39.7 KB
ID:	664298  

Last edited by lnelson15; 07-31-2016 at 11:35 AM.. Reason: Add text
Old 07-31-2016, 01:05 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

With the gears removed. the motor will constantly run, no matter what transmitter stick position, if the potentiometer is not in its center off position.

The little pin that goes into the potentiometer is what stops the motor at a given point, when the gear train is functioning properly.

The potentiometer is a variable resistor, explained in this wiki.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Potentiometer

The post that had the suggestion of the motor being out of position, I.E. gear not meshing properly, is what prompted me to to suggest checking if the motor had slipped down enough to not engage the drive gear.

Get a good magnifying glass and check each gear for missing teeth, it only takes one tooth to cause a motor to run and not move the output arm.

HW.
Old 07-31-2016, 01:54 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmmm, I had 2-3 carpet blade strikes on takeoff and one during landing (chipped a wooden speaker box), no damage. Must be lucky. Blades have really sharp edges.

My servo had just a slight pinion misalingment and it was enough to start skipping - see the circled zone in the picture
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20151012_195309.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	193.1 KB
ID:	664311  
Old 07-31-2016, 05:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Adjusted the pot with a screw driver and

The howling (motor running in one direction) went away so you are most correct. The little piece that goes down in there is what stripped. DOH! Thanks for the heads up. I wondered what that was in that hole and now I know so I just need to put in the gear set and be sure to get the center point and it should be good to go.

I see what you mean danb1974 about the drive gear. When I rebuild mine I will put some Loctite 648 on the drive shaft to hold the pinion gear. How did you adjust yours?

Last edited by lnelson15; 07-31-2016 at 06:15 PM.. Reason: Add text
Old 08-02-2016, 03:46 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnelson15 View Post
I see what you mean danb1974 about the drive gear. When I rebuild mine I will put some Loctite 648 on the drive shaft to hold the pinion gear. How did you adjust yours?
Just pulled the gear to the correct position. Did not seem to slip by itself, more like sloppy assembly.
Old 08-03-2016, 09:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Something out of whack

You know I put that Apache back together and went out to test it day before yesterday. I leveled the swash but I must not have done something right. As soon as I spool it up and apply enough collective to get it in the air it tilts forward and to the left some which indicates to me I don't have something right. I tried it twice and decided to bring it back to the maintenance hanger. On both of my Apaches the elevator servo ( right front) was lower than the other two servos when I first checked them. I'll have to think on this a while. Hummmm..
Old 08-03-2016, 10:04 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I think I found the problem.... Reassembly issue.

I guess this would do it. You will never fly with the receiver like that my friends. I guess I'd better redo that as I did a really crappy job putting it in the first time. I have a picture of one when it was new and first pulled out of the body and I'll use that as a template.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	78
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	664874  
Old 08-03-2016, 11:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Realigned and formed..

I think I got the receiver in better this time. I'll let you know tomorrow evening. I just wish the 3M foam I have was a little bit thicker but I expect this will be all right. I ran out of the spares that came with the model.
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	66
Size:	131.0 KB
ID:	664895  
Old 08-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Smile And the problem was

The freaking AR6335 receiver. I have the original and a spare. They had both been reprogrammed by HH and checked for all functions. The one that is bad applies hard left roll when you bring on the collective. I put the spare on and viola all is good. Apply full collective and all three servos are in sync. Man you've got to wonder. I guess the gyro circuits in the original one have an issue. I am setting it aside so that I hopefully never have that issue again.

Last edited by lnelson15; 08-07-2016 at 09:17 PM..
Old 08-05-2016, 12:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Totally unlike non-SAFE receivers, ours has 2, erm, big features

- calibration flight is needed to prevent the heli to shoot away at takeoff, in stability mode. And good luck taking off if yours is one that shoots off.

- as3x is NOT disabled when motor is stopped; if not properly calibrated, the swash will wander off even at standstill.

Those two, hmmm, features can make an uncalibrated receiver look defective.

(I had a couple of blade strikes at first takeoff with the ah64, because of this - at the same time the 130x would take off like a dream however I wanted, slow, fast, no issues)
Old 08-07-2016, 09:15 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Software installed and checked by HH

If one inadvertently installs airplane firmware in the AR6335 receiver, or it comes with airplane firmware (the RX purchased new standalone comes with airplane firmware), you cannot reinstall the AH-64 firmware and it's associated SAFE technology. Problem a license issue as I believe the SAFE technology is owned by someone other than HH. Anyway they reinstalled the AH-64 firmware for me in two AR6335 receivers and tested them to bind, etc. I sure they did not place them in an Apache to test. One I received has a gyro problem and one works fine when applying full collective. On a level surface all three servos should rise together. There is no way to adjust that large of a defect. The one that is defective has one servo that pulls down all the way at full collective. This starts to happen at the 70% point and gets worse until you reach 100% collective. I just set the defective one aside.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in