Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters > 250 Aftermarket Upgrades

250 Aftermarket Upgrades 250 Aftermarket Upgrades

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2016, 06:59 PM   #261 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slobberdog View Post
Thanks both I don't have any wag at the gain I am running but I just feel the tail does not have that locked in feeling, I need a bit more gain I think to get that, but if I go into idle up 2 I get wag because of the increase in head speed, can run to 82% in IU but after 90% it wags if I don't lower the gain,

what radio are you running? with deviation you can have your idleup switch do multiple things, which could back of the gain in idle up 2 to co mpensate for the higher headspeed.

some gyros can do it, the vbar has bank switching.

as for the locked in feel, i have that issue with my copterx and its because the tail servo is too slow, to stop the tail wagging and entering WOD i have to have i gain so lowit doesnt hold and lock well.
bazsound is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2016, 02:46 AM   #262 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazsound View Post
what radio are you running? with deviation you can have your idleup switch do multiple things, which could back of the gain in idle up 2 to co mpensate for the higher headspeed.

some gyros can do it, the vbar has bank switching.

as for the locked in feel, i have that issue with my copterx and its because the tail servo is too slow, to stop the tail wagging and entering WOD i have to have i gain so lowit doesnt hold and lock well.
That post was from over 2 years ago fella, probably a little late for troubleshooting :-)
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2016, 06:03 AM   #263 (permalink)
Registered Users

whioops didnt notice.

well ill be added to the align tail issues now i replaced my copterx tail with the align thinking it would be better.

it was at first but now i just get fast wag no matter what gain until the gains so low the tail is very slow to respond,.

checked for resistance, seemed fine tail slider is smooth, ran it at full rpm and tried to move the tail rod. requires considerable force and will return to centre if let go ffs brand new complete tail unit only had a few flights hovering
Old 09-21-2016, 06:38 AM   #264 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
whioops didnt notice.

well ill be added to the align tail issues now i replaced my copterx tail with the align thinking it would be better.

it was at first but now i just get fast wag no matter what gain until the gains so low the tail is very slow to respond,.

checked for resistance, seemed fine tail slider is smooth, ran it at full rpm and tried to move the tail rod. requires considerable force and will return to centre if let go ffs brand new complete tail unit only had a few flights hovering
I was dealing with the same issues with my tail not that long ago. Another member suggested getting the tarrot tail for it.

It did the trick despite appearing to be lower quality. I even tried the Chinese weights on a new align unit to no avail.

Now my tail is solid again.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:42 PM   #265 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That behavior seems normal to me. I've had the very same results pulling on the tail rods of my 450s and 250s that flew just fine. I've purchased a couple Align tails to solve CopterX tail problems, and ones are still working like a charm.

Are you using Align tail blades?
navigator2011 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-26-2016, 05:40 PM   #266 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator2011 View Post
That behavior seems normal to me. I've had the very same results pulling on the tail rods of my 450s and 250s that flew just fine. I've purchased a couple Align tails to solve CopterX tail problems, and ones are still working like a charm.

Are you using Align tail blades?
i think i had some binding which freed itself up i checked it again and its not doing it, theres a little resistance but its not exactly hard to move to full pitch.

the tails holding fine when theres no wind, so i decided against the weights and spacer mod, couldnt justify the cost after all the money ive already spent.
Old 11-26-2016, 06:43 PM   #267 (permalink)
Registered Users

The secret to the tail for me was a tarot tail box and the longer tail blades. All though the quality of the tarot tail box is equally as crappy it just works. With the longer tail blades, tarot tail case, spectrum h3060 tail servo and solid carbon push rod my tail is like a vice now.

What a frustrating tail tuning experience it was getting it there, but my 250 flies sweet now and was worth all the trouble.
Old 11-27-2016, 05:04 AM   #268 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliLust View Post
The secret to the tail for me was a tarot tail box and the longer tail blades. All though the quality of the tarot tail box is equally as crappy it just works. With the longer tail blades, tarot tail case, spectrum h3060 tail servo and solid carbon push rod my tail is like a vice now.

What a frustrating tail tuning experience it was getting it there, but my 250 flies sweet now and was worth all the trouble.
i stopped worrying about all the little things and just started flying it.

inside in no wind the tail sits there rock solid no wag no wander no drift just sits and is super precise.

When the wind catches it, it gives little wags now and then but nothing to bother me not worth chasing.

im running turnigy 306 hv on the tail its a bit heavy but works.

im running 40mm KDDB blades though thinking of going back to the stock blade.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #269 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thought id come back to this.

Recently i got the 681x bearings. What a difference in slop by just addding a 2nd bearing withiut the washer.

I havnt test flown it yet due to q stripped screw but very hopefull.

Im confused why they didnt design the blade gribs so thst theres a besring either side of the tail blade gribs with the inner besring going through the hub. That would hsve been problem solved.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in