Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme

Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Mikado Logo 700 Xxtreme Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2016, 02:11 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

Or do what every other manufacturer does and put one in to get the buyer in the air. Then they can order a different one if they choose

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2016, 03:11 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSyd3D View Post
I overlooked the part where it said the pinion was a separate purchase. WTF is up with that?!?!
I know its nothing compared to the kit cost but that's my point. Most of us are willing to spend nearly $1400+ so why wouldn't they just include a 13t pinion.???
And can't find any on the site to fit the motor to begin with. Glad I haven't preordered yet

This is really the best compromise so you don't end up purchasing a pinion (if included in the kit) you might not need.
Ace Dude is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 03:20 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dude View Post
This is really the best compromise so you don't end up purchasing a pinion (if included in the kit) you might not need.
One way to look at it. Or avoid having to buy one at all if the one included happened to work out lol

Old 09-08-2016, 03:38 PM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace Dude View Post
Most modern website software platforms offer the ability to choose between zero cost options at the time of purchase.

Another tactic could be reducing the kit price by the cost of a pinion and forcing the user to choose one in order to cart up the product.

There's no logistical reason a choice of pinion couldn't be offered during checkout. This is purely to capture a few more dollars. And that's Mikado's choice. Just don't white wash what's really happening as a reasonable compromise.
Old 09-08-2016, 04:32 PM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not getting a pinion in the kit is going to prove particularly frustrating for those who pre-ordered. In my case, I may receive the kit next week, but the dealer doesn't know whether they will also receive parts in the order they placed with Mikado. At the moment, I have everything to have this heli in the air with the exception of the kit and pinion.
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2016, 11:32 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

I saw today that Mikado USA had the parts list including the pinions now although everything but the Scorpion motor says backordered.

So I officially placed my preorder for that and a 14t pinion :/

I also learned that this model is a torque tube driven tail with a belt on the front drive pulley.
Then was told this was the same on the old 700Xx. Crazy cuz I always thought they were belted.
Is this their only model that is like this? And does anyone know what the benefit is in having both in one machine?

The only logo I've ever owned was the 480 which was great so don't know much about them other than the videos of the pros flying them

Old 09-09-2016, 07:39 AM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new 700, the old 700XX, and 800XX are the only models with the belt & torque tube design.

The benefits are:

A) No need to ground the tail boom for static.

B) No need to adjust belt tension when the temperature changes drastically as you need to do with the belt only system.

The new belt/torque tube system is bulletproof and FAR more robust than most if not all others.
Old 09-09-2016, 11:30 AM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3D Dave View Post
The new 700, the old 700XX, and 800XX are the only models with the belt & torque tube design.

The benefits are:

A) No need to ground the tail boom for static.

B) No need to adjust belt tension when the temperature changes drastically as you need to do with the belt only system.

The new belt/torque tube system is bulletproof and FAR more robust than most if not all others.
Nice. I didn't know the 800 was like that too. Pretty cool

Old 09-11-2016, 01:01 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mikado doesn't include pinions with Logo kits unless you purchase a motor combo. Since a motor combo is not currently available for the 700, no pinion is included. It's just business as usual for them, though it is true that many people new to Mikado helis are thrown by it.

It's how they decided long ago to package kits. I suspect the time and cost associated with manufacturing herringbone pinions makes it undesirable to give away pinions that may not get used like SAB and some others do with more simple designs. Or maybe they just want more money. Whatever the case - it's the way they do and I don't anticipate they'll change it.
Old 09-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemp View Post
Mikado doesn't include pinions with Logo kits unless you purchase a motor combo. Since a motor combo is not currently available for the 700, no pinion is included. It's just business as usual for them, though it is true that many people new to Mikado helis are thrown by it.

It's how they decided long ago to package kits. I suspect the time and cost associated with manufacturing herringbone pinions makes it undesirable to give away pinions that may not get used like SAB and some others do with more simple designs. Or maybe they just want more money. Whatever the case - it's the way they do and I don't anticipate they'll change it.
This motor is available for it at the moment. The xnova isn't yet.

http://shop.mikadousa.com/05009-Moto...ft_p_1688.html

Old 09-12-2016, 01:10 AM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSyd3D View Post
This motor is available for it at the moment.
Yes, but they aren't currently selling a motor combo, meaning you can't add one item to your cart and get a kit with a motor included. Once they have that (if they have that) then there will be an option that includes a pinion. That's just how they've done it for years.
Old 09-12-2016, 05:16 AM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

I lost my hope for a motor combo and ordered the XNova with both pinions
Old 09-12-2016, 06:43 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Pinion

I have bought a number of the Logo combos which included the motors and the pinion.
When I ordered my new 700 it never occurred to me that I needed to order a pinion because I bought the recommended Scorpion Motor and the Hobbywing Esc.
Kind of bummed when I found out I had to make another order to get a pinion and I ended up getting both the 13 and 14. which one will work better?
I will admit that you do feel a little nickeled and dimed when that happens.
sseppala is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2016, 08:36 PM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default New Logo 700

Got my new Logo 700 flying today.
Incredible heli, light quick and super powerful!
Exactly what I was hoping it would be.
This is what everyone was hoping the 700 Xxtreme and 690 SX would be, no one should be disappointed now.
Old 09-20-2016, 02:37 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Pinions in Stock

Hey Guys,

Just a quick heads up that AMain has both 13T and 14T pinions in stock, along with the 55mm Scorpion Shaft.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/mikado-...8?fb=188&lg=fb

Xnova Motors should be shipping in a couple days, but I can't provide a firm ETA as to arrival for them.

I've really been enjoying my heli, and have about 20 flights on it or so now after this past weekend in Texas. Just talking about it makes me want to get more flights on it ASAP . You guys are really going to enjoy it.

Representing:
AMain Hobbies, XNova Motors
Jason Bell is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-20-2016, 08:36 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

My xnova is in to my retailer but didn't have the correct shaft. Shaft F in backordered for a couple weeks. So he's keeping the motor till the correct one comes in or the F shaft comes in. No big deal since the Heli is still in the wind

Old 09-20-2016, 11:20 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am totally impressed. Weight came in at 12# with Pulse 5000 12s stick pack, 11.4# with 2 Pulse 4500 6s packs. I think this will be what everyone was looking for from Mikado.
Old 09-21-2016, 11:10 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sseppala View Post
I am totally impressed. Weight came in at 12# with Pulse 5000 12s stick pack, 11.4# with 2 Pulse 4500 6s packs. I think this will be what everyone was looking for from Mikado.
What electronics do you have on it?
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-24-2016, 08:05 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Scorpion 4525, Hobbywing 160 with internal BEC, Futaba servos, VTX Blades 697.
Surprisingly light.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in