Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > V977/K110/K120

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2016, 07:46 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBarber View Post
I use clear packing tape applied to the inside of the canopy. You can also use spray on clear PlastiDip, it's the stuff people use to coat the handles of tools and such. If you use PlastiDip then break the ends off of toothpicks and insert them into the canopy grommets before you spray it on.
https://plastidip.com/our-products/plasti-dip/
-
Excuse me, clear packing tape, that's what I had in mind! Duck tape is not flexible enough and it's quite heavy. I will do this mod as well, but still deciding which one, inside or outside would be better.

Last edited by LukasKri; 08-26-2016 at 07:47 PM.. Reason: Spelling error.
LukasKri is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2016, 07:53 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've only tried inside, because it looks better and works well enough. I don't know if outside would be stronger, but it would be easier if you don't care about the looks.

Edit: back to the V977 vs K110 canopy, which is stronger: I just received my new K110 BNF, it's canopy is 2.60g, my old one was 2.24g. So it appears it's just the manufacturing variance and the luck of the draw if your V977 canopy is thicker than your K110 canopy. Measured weights are all over the board.
Extreme Air Ninja 3.6 Channel

Last edited by BirdBarber; 08-27-2016 at 09:34 PM..
BirdBarber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2016, 02:19 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
Really? Someone on here said it fits. The K100 only has two grommet holes judging by pics online, but I'll order one and test. Plus the V977 which apparently is a direct fit AND has 4x grommets though the pics on Banggood show the old model with 2x.
Hey SHY, did you get your order in on 4-grommet holed XK-100 canopy to confirm that they do come that way for XK-110 fit?
Getto Bird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2016, 01:27 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getto Bird View Post
Hey SHY, did you get your order in on 4-grommet holed XK-100 canopy to confirm that they do come that way for XK-110 fit?
Hi! No, not received yet.
DX8, Phoenix
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-02-2016, 10:50 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kool, Im very curious on the fit of that one cause I was originally drawn in to XK-K110 cause of the XK-K100.I loved that canopy and was gonna get the k-100but as I done more research the K-110 is better for me.
Getto Bird is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2016, 02:36 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

I spotted an awesome feature on my K110 today, I am able to change between 6G and 3G while I am in the air, it is something similiar like the rescue button on CPS or CPX, don't know which one has it.
Does yours do the same? I think I've seen some fliers reported that only first version of K120's could do that (mine couldn't), do not know about K110. I bought mine on July of 2016 from Banggood.
Old 09-14-2016, 03:03 AM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasKri View Post
I spotted an awesome feature on my K110 today, I am able to change between 6G and 3G while I am in the air, it is something similiar like the rescue button on CPS or CPX, don't know which one has it.
Does yours do the same? I think I've seen some fliers reported that only first version of K120's could do that (mine couldn't), do not know about K110. I bought mine on July of 2016 from Banggood.
Yes it can. What happens if you do it while inverted? (from 3G to 6G)
DX8, Phoenix
Old 09-14-2016, 03:06 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do not know, I can't fly inverted yet, only 6G high rates all orientation hover, 3G low rates coming soon. Maybe someone else have already tried change to 6G while flying inverted?
Old 09-14-2016, 03:08 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasKri View Post
I do not know, I can't fly inverted yet, only 6G high rates all orientation hover, 3G low rates coming soon. Maybe someone else have already tried change to 6G while flying inverted?
I can test later today...
DX8, Phoenix
Old 09-14-2016, 03:11 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

My advice - be careful and try not to destroy your heli head.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:18 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Forgot to post, now then... no, it don't work at all when you're inverted It was impossible to control and ended in a crash.

Right side up you can of course flip it when you want to make life easier for yourself for a while
DX8, Phoenix
Old 10-05-2016, 07:48 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tail problem terminology & common causes for V977 & K110

This is just a quick guide, maybe somebody else could give a more complete definition & repair guide or point to a good heli glossary of terms. Note that Tail Kick is the most common tail problem with the V977 and less of a problem on the K110. Tail Blowout, Tail Wag and Tail Hunting are rare on the V977 & K110. Brushed tail motors like on the V977 and K110 will wear out and lose power. They may need to be replaced several times a year if you fly a lot, especially if you overheat them by not letting them cool between flights.

Tail Kick: When the tail kicks out a few inches and then returns to it's original position. This is usually happens during fast collective pitch changes and is because the tail motor is under powered, tail rotor is undersized or sometimes because it is tuned incorrectly on tune-able flybarless systems. A short term solution to the problem is to reduce the total collective pitch. This does make the heli more predictable but it limits the maximum performance of the heli. It's best to mechanically improve your tail system: solid tail boom, bigger motor, correctly sized tail blade. For the V977, installing a K110 tail motor and K120 tail rotor are a big improvement. The K110 tail motor will fit in the V977 tail motor mount. For the K110, installing the K120 tail rotor blade helps.

Tail BlowOut (TBO): It's like a tail kick, except more pronounced and it does not return to it's starting point. Tall blowout can often cause the tail to be 90 to 180 degrees off from where it is supposed to be.This happens with aggressive pitch changes or aggressive 3D stunts, and often results in a crash because the heli suddenly points the wrong way. TBO is almost always because of a weak or undersized tail motor or tail blade. It can also be because of a cracked tail boom, cracked tail blade, tail blade slipping on the shaft, flaky solder joint on the tail motor wires or possibly a bad tail motor FET on the main board.

Tail Wag: While hovering or flying sideways the tail oscillates back and forth a few inches like a dog wagging it's tail. Often the result of side wind, cracked tail boom, or poorly tuned flybarless system where the tail gain is not set correctly. Tail gain is factory set and non adjustable on the V977 and K110.

Tail Hunting: I have seen this term used to describe the situation where in a hover the tail seems to just slowly keep changing positions like it's lost. Usually caused by excess vibrations or bad gyro chip.

Note: all of the above can also be caused by excessive vibrations as vibrations can cause almost any unpredictable behavior. A chipped main blade or bent feathering shaft is the most common cause of vibrations.

Edit: I incorporated some of JWeber's tips from the post directly below, make sure you read it.
-

Last edited by BirdBarber; 10-06-2016 at 05:10 PM..
Old 10-06-2016, 08:33 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdBarber View Post
Tail BlowOut (TBO): It's like a tail kick, except more pronounced and it does not return to it's starting point. Tall blowout can often cause the tail to be 90 to 180 degrees off from where it is supposed to be.This happens with aggressive pitch changes or aggressive 3D stunts, and often results in a crash because the heli suddenly points the wrong way. TBO is almost always because of a weak or undersized tail motor or tail blade. It can also be because of a cracked tail boom, cracked tail blade, flaky solder joint on the tail motor wires or possibly a bad tail motor FET on the main board.
I've also found that if you're tail isn't holding or blowing out, you may have bent feathering spindle. I believe that this is because a bent feathering spindle causes the blades to be out of track which exerts more rotational forces that need to be counteracted by the tail and the tail will not be powerful enough to hold against it.

So if your tail won't hold or is blowing out, check the feathering shaft. Either that or the tail rotor is slipping on the tail motor shaft which a drop of Shoe Goo or Goop can temporarily fix as well.

And a bonus quick tip on checking if the feathering shaft is bent. Remove one blade and then use a small screwdriver to turn the screw in the end of the feathering shaft. If you can see or feel the blade grip or blade on the opposite side moving, then it's bent.
Old 10-06-2016, 04:56 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWeber View Post
...And a bonus quick tip on checking if the feathering shaft is bent. Remove one blade and then use a small screwdriver to turn the screw in the end of the feathering shaft. If you can see or feel the blade grip or blade on the opposite side moving, then it's bent.
+1

also, I incorporated some of your tips into my tail problem guide.
Old 10-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

For k110, BIG improvement
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301252493717...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2016, 12:25 PM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi all,
Does anyone have a clue why for k120 no one provide upgrade kits? I am happy of this helicopter but was looking for some main frame improvements just for fun of building... I made some mods to rise the battery on top of the receiver to have a more compact helicopter... But it is hard to match industrial made cfrp parts��.

Some pics of my modified k120 in:
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=24

Last edited by Max olivier; 10-31-2016 at 05:06 PM.. Reason: added link to pics
Max olivier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2016, 05:00 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

would this motor fit also the k120 and improve performance?
Old 11-02-2016, 10:35 AM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

@Max olivier,
The one on the link is for 1s heli, the k120 is a 2s motor, so, it would not work.
I find the k120 motor to be a good motor for this heli, I wouldn't try to upgrade it, but that's just me.
You can find 2s motors if you want, but I'm not sure if is going to be an "upgrade" or give better performance

http://www.megasmicros.com/category_s/1857.htm

http://www.xtreme-production.com/xtr...oducts_id=8271
salrica is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-03-2016, 02:27 AM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for hint! Good to know so I can focus on other items. Will post some more pics later. Have a nice day!
Old 11-03-2016, 12:14 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

status of today:
-Frame lightweiting
-changing way to install electronics and battery
-Installed CFRP mast. Hope it can take the torque and crashes without bending...
More to come...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20161103_082556[1].jpg
Views:	393
Size:	56.4 KB
ID:	678554  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in