Minor flyaway and other... - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > Chroma Camera Drone

Chroma Camera Drone Chroma Camera Drone Multirotor Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2016, 08:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Minor flyaway and other...

Hello everybody!

Due to a minor flyaway (in the backyard) a few weeks ago I quit flying my Chroma 4K. I had tried to learn as much as I could about it and was comfortable flying it until that happened. I'd read some of the stories on flyaway and finally experienced it in my backyard.

The drone connected promptly to the controller and I fired up the motors in Smartmode. Batteries were all full up, apparent good GPS all the way around and then with apparent good GPS all the way around I brought it up to a steady hover. In a few seconds the controller buzzed with the GPS lost signal. I lost all stick on the controller and the drone started meandering away to the corner of the backyard almost into a philodendron. Since I had no stick in SmartMode I flipped the controller into AP Mode but still no stick and no brain. I flipped the switch to return home and it went up just a little bit and then meandered back to the other corner of the yard almost landing on my neighbors house and then it settled down in between the two houses. it stayed a foot off the ground and wandered just a little bit more so I grabbed it by the landing gear and powered it off. I'd had no problems prior to this issue.

The only thing different about this flight is a few days earlier I had put a SD card in the controller to capture the telemetry. I'm not sure how much overload the capture process is putting on the controller but I suspect it is a bit. I have since removed the SD card from the controller. I'm going to fire it up again in a few days but I'm very leery of the GPS and brain loss issues.

Lee
lnelson15 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2016, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just an fyi, return to home will NOT work properly if you have no gps lock. And always a good idea to learn to fly without gps assistance of any kind. I have a Chroma and had the same thing happen Tx buzzed said gps signal lost maintain manual control. And as such Smart mode will not work properly either. Forget smart mode and learn orientations when craft is facing you etc. And I would guess having an SD card in Tx has nothing to do with it, it just happens sometimes with all "drones"
Crazy Canadian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.