Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.)

Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.) Open Source Flight Controllers (CC3D, Ardupilot, etc.)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Walex, that's perfect. All works now. Thank you for the info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2016, 02:33 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi guys

I have a issue

I just got a spektrum spm4648

I can´t get it to bind whit my DX9 BE

Power on the quad sat flash es, put the dx9 in bind mode and then the sat stop flashing and 3 sec later the dx9 says bind failed ??

Do any of you have any ideers ??
Old 06-21-2016, 06:05 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Spektrum ar7700 on a Flip32

I was wandering if anyone has used the AR7700 with a Flip32 set to SRXL yet? I can't find any info anywhere on how to make the connections to the flip32 board. Do I treat the whole setup as if it were a satellite receiver? should I use REMOTE RX or SRXL? If I make my connections as if it were a satellite receiver and connecting to REMOTE RX I'm sure I can get it to work, but will i be loosing my opportunity to get 11ms latency?

A BIG thank you to anyone that can help with this setup.
ncantny1978 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2016, 06:48 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncantny1978 View Post
I was wandering if anyone has used the AR7700 with a Flip32 set to SRXL yet? I can't find any info anywhere on how to make the connections to the flip32 board. Do I treat the whole setup as if it were a satellite receiver? should I use REMOTE RX or SRXL? If I make my connections as if it were a satellite receiver and connecting to REMOTE RX I'm sure I can get it to work, but will i be loosing my opportunity to get 11ms latency?

A BIG thank you to anyone that can help with this setup.
The AR7700 is not capable of PPM/CPPM/SBUS/Serial output. You have to wire it as a PWM receiver with a wire going from each channel into the board.
Cpl Woody is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2016, 05:28 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi guys, nice thread! Thanx a lot for it!!!
Im just waiting till my Naze32 SP F3 Deluxe 10DOF will be delivered to me, and in meanwhile Im looking for a guide how to connect it with teh DSMX Remote Satellite Receiver SPM9645.

Here's the Naze32 pinout:

Is it correct to connect the sat to the IO1 header to pins 1(GND),3(PPM),8(3.3V)?
//edit: or should I use IO2 header pin4(TX) instead of IO1 pin3? Will be there faster response?

Thank you in advance
djsmeegy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2016, 10:20 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

To connect a Spektrum Sat to that board you will take 3.3 from the 3v pad, the ground can go in any ground, and the signal will go to the UART 3 in the RX pad. Then you will turn on UART 3 as a serial receiver in your software and ensure the satellite is bound to the remote.
Old 09-07-2016, 02:31 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you. Will test with UART 3
djsmeegy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2016, 09:10 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ive connected a sat rec to the uart 3 ports and the 3.3 wire to the 3.3 pad. I bound the receiver using cleanflight but now every time I plug in a lipo the rec enters bind. Ive tried to set spektrum_sat_bind = 0 but same result. Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2016, 08:19 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Depending on the version you are using you may have to set the reset back to 0.

set spektrum_sat_bind_autoreset = 1

and if that doesnt work set it to 0. thats just the command I pulled of my latest flyer.
Old 10-07-2016, 07:01 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the most up to date sp racing f3 firmware. That command doesn't seem to work but I did use set spektrum_sat_bind = 1 (and = 0) but still the same results.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:32 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am the same. I am trying to use a spektrum sat with naze 32 and cleanflight. I have tried all of the above but I just can't get the sat to light up with a flashing orange light when I power up.

I have pressed save every time.

In the gui when I set it for serial rx and save the command is unchecked when I go into it again.

The CLI commands just don't seem to do anything.
sandersnn2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-10-2016, 06:39 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

set spektrum_sat_bind=9 is for dsmx
set spektrum_sat_bind=6 is for dsm2
Old 11-22-2016, 05:05 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

I facing the same problem.
I think it not a satellite problem because I try this on another FC (SP Racing F3) it work correctly.

anyone found and solve this problem?
pls help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by felborn View Post
This thing is really doing my head in. Been working on it all night, no luck. I can get my DX18 to bind to RX, a DSMX orignal receiver okay. I can see the orange light turn on and of when I turn my radio on and off, but the receiver sees no signal in Cleanflight.

Soldered the signal pin to port4, checked the soldering and everything seems fine. One thing I notice it that it keeps binding to DMSX and 22ms framerate no matter how much I try to say 11ms frame. Could that be my problem?

How on earth can I get my DX18 to bind to 11ms?
ikung is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2016, 07:59 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikung View Post
I facing the same problem.
I think it not a satellite problem because I try this on another FC (SP Racing F3) it work correctly.

anyone found and solve this problem?
pls help.
Once you bind it you have to set it up in clean/base/betaflight. on the configuration tab you have to select serialrx and spektrum 2048. hit save and check the receiver tab.
Old 11-22-2016, 08:01 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I finally found there must be an issue with the 3.3 v pad on the board. I wired my sat directly to a 5 v pad ( I know its too high voltage) but it works perfect now. Maybe try a isolated 3.3 v step down?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in