Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters > Mikado Logo 700

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2016, 02:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmarty View Post
Drive train right from the logo 700/800 XX series.

Only way to break a gear in 50 flights is to crash it.

Martin
Yep, not just going to strip anything in the drivetrain...unless you screw up the gear mesh.

VCONTROL*NEO*TRIBUNUS*MKS*VTX*DPL8 W/BUMP CONTROL*MEANWELL
Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2016, 03:10 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwati View Post
It just works. Spend more time flying than thinkering
Honestly, these days you can say that for most helis and FBL on the market, a few flights to set them up, then just fly. IMHO It's hardly a differentiator anymore. I've got a decent fleet of different brand 700+ helis and the only one that needed significant 'fettling' was the KDS Agile 7.2 thanks to the helical crown gear TT drive which needs very precise shimming to get proper mesh. The rest of them were pretty much 'build and fly'.
Old 12-27-2016, 03:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy_Old_Man View Post
Honestly, these days you can say that for most helis and FBL on the market, a few flights to set them up, then just fly. IMHO It's hardly a differentiator anymore.
Have to disagree. All my Logo's are on Neo/Vcontrol. I pick the model on my Tx and set up normal stuff (blade direction, fbl unit orientation, ect.) I don't change a thing. It just works and works the first time.

Corvette & Copter Guy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2016, 04:29 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya but you're talking the ultimate closed system. Radio flybarless and heli one company
jsbach#1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2016, 04:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbach#1 View Post
Ya but you're talking the ultimate closed system. Radio flybarless and heli one company
Well for me it's all one company. But it's no longer a closed system.

Old 12-27-2016, 04:48 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

A couple of us here in Australia have 14s setup power logos, hitting peaks of 10000 watts and over 200amps - the tail drive system is holding up
I am at just over 50 flights so far, no tail drive issues yet
ChopsyWA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2016, 05:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvette & Copter Guy View Post
Have to disagree. All my Logo's are on Neo/Vcontrol. I pick the model on my Tx and set up normal stuff (blade direction, fbl unit orientation, ect.) I don't change a thing. It just works and works the first time.
You are welcome to your own opinions of course but my post was based on first hand experience of a number of different brands. Bear in mind that this thread was intended to be about reasons to buy a Logo vs other helis, not about the merits or otherwise of Vcontrol which is totally unrelated to the topic of the thread.

The days when helis and FBL systems were finicky and temperamental are by large passed in my experience. IMHO 'just working' should be a basic expectation of any good quality heli and not something that deserves to be bragged about or seen as anything special. The Trex 700X in fact was such an easy build that from opening the box to maiden flight was two days!
Old 12-27-2016, 06:02 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Honestly, these days you can say that for most helis and FBL on the market, a few flights to set them up, then just fly. IMHO It's hardly a differentiator anymore. I've got a decent fleet of different brand 700+ helis and the only one that needed significant 'fettling' was the KDS Agile 7.2 thanks to the helical crown gear TT drive which needs very precise shimming to get proper mesh. The rest of them were pretty much 'build and fly'.
I set up all my Heli's on neo and vcontrol for 15-20 min ready to fly. No need for a laptop and it just flys good. Just need to set the tail gain and auto trim.
sikwati is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2016, 07:46 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Bear in mind that this thread was intended to be about reasons to buy a Logo vs other helis, not about the merits or otherwise of Vcontrol which is totally unrelated to the topic of the thread.
You were the one (a few posts up) that brought up fbl units, not me....which opened up the door for discussion.

Old 12-27-2016, 07:50 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So with that said, a Logo/Vbar/Neo are designed to work very well with each other. When a model and fbl unit are designed around the same geometry that's one more plus in the Logo column.

Old 12-28-2016, 10:58 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikwati View Post
I set up all my Heli's on neo and vcontrol for 15-20 min ready to fly. No need for a laptop and it just flys good. Just need to set the tail gain and auto trim.
i didnt actualy use auto trim nowdays.. i use the swash leveller to correct all trims.. cos auto trim actualy makes your pitch setup different
Old 12-28-2016, 10:59 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You are welcome to your own opinions of course but my post was based on first hand experience of a number of different brands. Bear in mind that this thread was intended to be about reasons to buy a Logo vs other helis, not about the merits or otherwise of Vcontrol which is totally unrelated to the topic of the thread.

The days when helis and FBL systems were finicky and temperamental are by large passed in my experience. IMHO 'just working' should be a basic expectation of any good quality heli and not something that deserves to be bragged about or seen as anything special. The Trex 700X in fact was such an easy build that from opening the box to maiden flight was two days!
i did make some comparison... actuali the 700X looks cheap in combo, but the parts is more expensive than the Logo700. . in long run.. mikado 700 i guess might be a cheaper run
Old 12-30-2016, 05:46 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xfreak3D View Post
i didnt actualy use auto trim nowdays.. i use the swash leveller to correct all trims.. cos auto trim actualy makes your pitch setup different
Me too. I never use auto trim on helis. Not necessary if swash is level and CG is correct. It's great on VPlane though
Old 12-30-2016, 11:16 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't forget though that a perfectly level swash won't relate to a hover situation where some swash tilt will be required. Mechanically though level is best and the fbl or pilot will take care of the rest so a level swash doesn't negate the possible need for auto trim.
MAJ1C is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-30-2016, 12:01 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

From my perspective the heli pirouettes flat and it flies great. Whenever I did do an auto trim it didn't make any difference that I could notice.
Old 12-31-2016, 04:25 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
convince me!!!!!
Well... I found all of the above very interesting and true ! The new L700 is a top notch machine along the GOBLIN700, Protos evo... 90% of us pilots won't have the skills to go over the limits of those machines when flown within mfg specs. ( me neither). But I found Mikado to be very supportive to their products and didn't found the same flying enveloppe (call it feeling) with the other brands. RCmarty sums up the typically Mikado tail care very well, I experienced the same with some logo models ! On the other hand, if you don't care TOOO much for a ZEROwag tail while HOOVERING at your maiden, you get the most solid tail in flight which is far more important for me.

Good luck with the build !
Old 12-31-2016, 04:34 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPWORLD2002 View Post
Bc it's the best of the best that all others try to love up to. The lightest 700 on the market with a throughly thought out frame made to be replaceable in sections. Make it easy to work on. Totally modular life time parts supply only manufactor that's still makes and sells parts for their 1st models out on nicads. From the late 90s I think.
Definitely not the lightest 700 and not the easiest to work on.
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2016, 07:05 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya, I agree but importantly is that it flies well.
Old 12-31-2016, 07:48 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dmuse View Post
Yes its not the lightest 700. If you really care about weight get the 690sx. Mine just a little under 10lbs. Also the Logo 700 is one of the easiest 700 that I ever build. Finish building it in one day without rushing and very attention to detail. A good 10 hours and had is flying the next day.
sikwati is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2016, 08:18 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dmuse View Post
What areas are difficult or challenging work on? IMHO it's a low parts count easy to build and maintain heli.
Ace Dude is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in